Say Something Completely Random And Off Topic

vincentric posted:
spo posted:
Were Canadians embarassed by Alpha Flight comics?

No.  Rob Ford? Probably. But then, hey, you have Trump.

I had to Google Alpha Flight comics.  Never heard of 'em...and this from a guy with a complete VF-VF+ set of Howard The Duck. 

After insulting the French over the weekend, and then again today upon return, Trump said:

“On Trade, France makes excellent wine, but so does the U.S. The problem is that France makes it very hard for the U.S. to sell its wines into France, and charges big Tariffs, whereas the U.S. makes it easy for French wines, and charges very small Tariffs. Not fair, must change!”

Great....  we'll pay more for French wines.  Cheese next?

irwin posted:

After insulting the French over the weekend, and then again today upon return, Trump said:

“On Trade, France makes excellent wine, but so does the U.S. The problem is that France makes it very hard for the U.S. to sell its wines into France, and charges big Tariffs, whereas the U.S. makes it easy for French wines, and charges very small Tariffs. Not fair, must change!”

Not pasteurized would be good

irwin posted:

According the several online resources, EU tariffs on US wine are $0.11 - $0.29 per bottle.  US tariffs are $0.05 - $0.14. 

haggis posted:
irwin posted:

According the several online resources, EU tariffs on US wine are $0.11 - $0.29 per bottle.  US tariffs are $0.05 - $0.14. 

Must be fake news.  I'm sure Trump was well-briefed and in command of the facts.....

vint posted:
vincentric posted:
spo posted:

I had to Google Alpha Flight comics.  Never heard of 'em...and this from a guy with a complete VF-VF+ set of Howard The Duck. 

You’re joking, right?

sunnylea57 posted:
vint posted:
vincentric posted:
spo posted:

You’re joking, right?

Wow i've never heard of alpha flight either and this is a guy who's been collecting chris clairmont x-men comics for a long while.

g-man posted:
sunnylea57 posted:
vint posted:
vincentric posted:
spo posted:

You’re joking, right?

Wow i've never heard of alpha flight either and this is a guy who's been collecting chris clairmont x-men comics for a long while.

They're like, Canadian X-Men, eh?

sunnylea57 posted:
vint posted:
vincentric posted:
spo posted:

You’re joking, right?

About Alpha Flight or Howard the Duck?  

vint posted:
sunnylea57 posted:
vint posted:
vincentric posted:
spo posted:

You’re joking, right?

It would be sacrilegious to joke about Howard the Duck. 

vint posted:
sunnylea57 posted:
vint posted:
vincentric posted:
spo posted:

You’re joking, right?

HTD.

Because you do know my interest in HTD. Right? My original art collection? I’m selling my prime piece at auction tomorrow. Advance bidding is going well. Live auction is at 1 pm Eastern.

https://comics.HA.com/itm/orig...1976-/a/7192-91003.s

The Old Man posted:

I apologize for those here who've been upset and angered by my posts.

Did you mean to apologize FOR those people?  (I think they can probably apologize for themselves if they feel an apology is warranted.)

Or did you intend to apologize TO those people?

CIA says the Crown Prince ordered Khashoggi murder. ( what a shock) Will the orange dump believe his own CIA? 

Let the BS spin begin from the pathological lying dump... after all, it might be bad for business and we wouldn’t want a murder to interfere with business. 

I'd laugh with you, w+a, but it's so fkg sad.  He is very selective in how he responds to disasters, and for some reason it seems to be based on demographics. Go figure...

To even attempt to cast blame during this disaster that will likely cost 100s of lives is so crass.  Classless.  Boorish.  Inept.  Virtually Thoughtless.

Most of the forests around Paradise are Federal lands.  It will be interesting to see where the origin of these fires were.  Rakes...  

PH

seaquam posted:
The Old Man posted:

I apologize for those here who've been upset and angered by my posts.

Did you mean to apologize FOR those people?  (I think they can probably apologize for themselves if they feel an apology is warranted.)

Or did you intend to apologize TO those people?

Argh.  The second one; I used the wrong preposition. I'm turning in my grammar policeman badge.

wineart 2 posted:

CIA says the Crown Prince ordered Khashoggi murder. ( what a shock) Will the orange dump believe his own CIA? 

Let the BS spin begin from the pathological lying dump... after all, it might be bad for business and we wouldn’t want a murder to interfere with business. 

Just to be clear. Our President likes the people who killed Khashoggi; and dislikes the people who killed Osama bin Laden. 

winetarelli posted:
wineart 2 posted:

Just to be clear. Our President likes the people who killed Khashoggi; and dislikes the people who killed Osama bin Laden. 

That pretty much sums up the Orange Clown. 

Hmm. Just realized at some point this week I surpassed 5,000 posts. Which is kinda lame, considering Sunnylea57 joined four years after I did and is already at 5,500. And his posts are considerably more intelligent and sober-sounding than most of mine.

vint posted:

Hmm. Just realized at some point this week I surpassed 5,000 posts. Which is kinda lame, considering Sunnylea57 joined four years after I did and is already at 5,500. And his posts are considerably more intelligent and sober-sounding than most of mine.

Not sure "sober-sounding" is a compliment on a wine forum.....

Add Reply

Likes (0)