Say Something Completely Random And Off Topic

If I am going to be drowned... if I am going to be drowned...why, in the name of the seven mad gods who rule the sea was I allowed to come thus far and contemplate the sand and trees? Was I brought here merely to have my nose dragged away as I was about to nibble the sacred cheese of life?
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
Could someone please define the word rich to me?

:


Fulsome, mouth-coating, heavy, velvety

If you mean monetarily, IMHO a family making $250k a year, year in year out is moderately wealthy. A family making $500K a year, year in year out is rich. It’s more the fact that they can build on their wealth every year as opposed to being “one and done”. One good year has to be pretty good to make and keep someone or a family “rich”.
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
Could someone please define the word rich to me?

I know it is not $200,000 for an individual or $250,000 for a couple. LOL



Rich has nothing to do with money.

Rich is having really, really good friends like you, who send me their very best bottles of wine on a regular basis.

So far, I'm not actually as rich as I'd like to be.
quote:
Originally posted by Seaquam:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
Could someone please define the word rich to me?

I know it is not $200,000 for an individual or $250,000 for a couple. LOL



Rich has nothing to do with money.

Rich is having really, really good friends like you, who send me their very best bottles of wine on a regular basis.

So far, I'm not actually as rich as I'd like to be.


Big Grin ...I like your take on this FAR more than our governments take on tax the rich bastards with combined income over $250,000. Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by Seaquam:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
Could someone please define the word rich to me?

I know it is not $200,000 for an individual or $250,000 for a couple. LOL


Rich has nothing to do with money.

Rich is having really, really good friends like you, who send me their very best bottles of wine on a regular basis.

So far, I'm not actually as rich as I'd like to be.


Big Grin ...I like your take on this FAR more than our governments take on tax the rich bastards with combined income over $250,000. Big Grin
Didn't you vote for him? At least once? Razz
quote:
Originally posted by Gigond Ass:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by Seaquam:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
Could someone please define the word rich to me?

I know it is not $200,000 for an individual or $250,000 for a couple. LOL


Rich has nothing to do with money.

Rich is having really, really good friends like you, who send me their very best bottles of wine on a regular basis.

So far, I'm not actually as rich as I'd like to be.


Big Grin ...I like your take on this FAR more than our governments take on tax the rich bastards with combined income over $250,000. Big Grin
Didn't you vote for him? At least once? Razz


Guilty as charged... I did vote for the person now defining rich four years ago. Red Face
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by Ed Bowers [i.e. FlWino]:
reincarnation?


Ha, no. Just the opening lines of a book ( Pulitzer Prize) I found on an airplane onetime when flying to Amsterdam.

That opening alone caused me to read the entire book. Big Grin


Must be Middlesex. Good book.

Add Reply

Likes (0)
×
×
×
×