@g-man posted:

irony is calling someone a paranoid fool but worrying about would be protestors that may riot and loot just because a few bad apples??

24 protests across my county today. 8000+ people total.  0 property damage, 0 arrests, a few grumpy old folks giving middle fingers but alot of good spirits and community all around.

You really are quite a fool.  Walk around Manhattan and see the damage.  Ask the family of the dead police officer in St. Louis.  You can downplay it all you like.  This is all a BS protest.  

You can label people trolls...whatever you like.  All of you like minded, intolerable folks are a major drag in life and to this site.  But quite enjoyable to banter with.

Cant quite figure out what made most of you as foolish as you are. You have a narrative of what you think Trump supporters are like...and you are so wrong.  

I would never be like Drew Brees and cave on what I stand for or just said.  That was a sad apology for not saying anything wrong to begin with.  Pressure from a group of left, intolerable Bully’s.  Poor Drew.

@bomba503 posted:

I wish I had a dollar for every time someone here said they are done with the troll. When will you guys actually get with the program and stop responding to him. Take away his audience and he’ll have nothing. Are you all not smart enough to figure that out?

You are absolutely right. However when he says things that he thinks are so clever (which are usually cribbed from his horrendous sources of "news") and that are so obviously so unclever, I can't help myself. Like in "The Godfather III", he keeps pulling me back in.

I will try to be resolute. I'm so happy I don't have any Trump supporters among my friends or family. It must be very hard for those who do.

Last edited by The Old Man
@napacat posted:

You really are quite a fool.  Walk around Manhattan and see the damage.  Ask the family of the dead police officer in St. Louis.  You can downplay it all you like.  This is all a BS protest.  

You can label people trolls...whatever you like.  All of you like minded, intolerable folks are a major drag in life and to this site.  But quite enjoyable to banter with.

Cant quite figure out what made most of you as foolish as you are. You have a narrative of what you think Trump supporters are like...and you are so wrong.  

I would never be like Drew Brees and cave on what I stand for or just said.  That was a sad apology for not saying anything wrong to begin with.  Pressure from a group of left, intolerable Bully’s.  Poor Drew.

most of us posting are quite successful both in our careers and in our community.   Alot of us deal with many individuals across all walks of life on a daily basis.  

I've got a better idea, why don't you walk around Manhattan and tell me what you see?  At least then you'll finally have some first hand experience so I know you're not all full of shit.  It does get very tiresome to see you copy and pasting someone else's thoughts and words.  

I respond to you only because I'm curious to see if you would ever post something that isn't copy and pasted from somewhere else.   

As with like minded, I don't think many folks on this forum are bored enough to read Barron's on a daily basis, but I also know alot of forumites don't copy and paste word for word random websites that won't even cite their sources, so yea I guess in that case, we're all like minded in wanting to have a proper intelligent discussion based on our own thoughts and not something fed to us by someone else.

You seem stubborn and ignorant to a fault, in case you're wondering, since you enjoy calling me a liberal, I'd like to point out what it really means: 

liberal
[ˈlib(ə)rəl]

ADJECTIVE
  1. willing to respect or accept behavior or opinions different from one's own; open to new ideas.
    "they have more liberal views toward marriage and divorce than some people"
    synonyms:
    tolerant · unprejudiced · unbigoted · broad-minded · open-minded · 
    [more]

Napacat wrote:  "For Mr. Garner, doesn't seem as cut and dry to me.  They tried to cooperate with him for 30+ minutes prior to him being placed in a choke hold.  Now, it can be debated whether any of that was necessary for selling individual cigarette."

Whoa!  It can be debated whether choking a person to death for selling cigarettes was necessary?  No, it really cannot be debated, sir.

A day or two ago, you supported the President's call to use the US Army in this current protest situation.  I asked you "What would you have the army do?" You did not respond to that question.  General Mattis, General Kelly and others have now responded calling the President's suggestion inappropriate and unconstitutional.  Senator Romney, Senator Murkowski have joined.

So, Napacat, do you stand with the President or with Mattis, Kelly, Romney, and Murkowski on the use of the military. 

Rumblings of 1 millions protesters in from of the White House Saturday.  If true that would be quite a statement . 

It is entirely realistic that Trump is planning on not going quietly come Nov. 3 (or Jan 2021 I suppose).  He already is planting seeds of election rigging (the irony), checking out his basement bunker, erecting additional fencing around the WH, and using the military improperly.  He wants to be a dictator.  

Why do we keep feeding the troll?  I know I'm guilty of it last week.  But damn it, the guy has an IQ that is not worth debating.

Last edited by doubled

The poster here who has repeatedly proven he’s dumber than he looks?  

A couple years ago, I had a conversation with Gavin Newsom.  At the time, he was Lt. Governor and stumping for the Governor position in the election that was then upcoming.  He had been engaging with Putin’s Bitch on Twitter, and unsurprisingly getting the best of him repeatedly.  I told him to keep up the good work on that front.  His response made me laugh.....”I certainly will, it’s therapeutic”.  

@g-man posted:

most of us posting are quite successful both in our careers and in our community.   Alot of us deal with many individuals across all walks of life on a daily basis.  

I've got a better idea, why don't you walk around Manhattan and tell me what you see?  At least then you'll finally have some first hand experience so I know you're not all full of shit.  It does get very tiresome to see you copy and pasting someone else's thoughts and words.  

I respond to you only because I'm curious to see if you would ever post something that isn't copy and pasted from somewhere else.   

As with like minded, I don't think many folks on this forum are bored enough to read Barron's on a daily basis, but I also know alot of forumites don't copy and paste word for word random websites that won't even cite their sources, so yea I guess in that case, we're all like minded in wanting to have a proper intelligent discussion based on our own thoughts and not something fed to us by someone else.

You seem stubborn and ignorant to a fault, in case you're wondering, since you enjoy calling me a liberal, I'd like to point out what it really means: 

liberal
[ˈlib(ə)rəl]

ADJECTIVE
  1. willing to respect or accept behavior or opinions different from one's own; open to new ideas.
    "they have more liberal views toward marriage and divorce than some people"
    synonyms:
    tolerant · unprejudiced · unbigoted · broad-minded · open-minded · 
    [more]

Ok...really.  Post a couple of links and then I never post in my own words...right.

That used to be the definition of liberal...it is not quite the same any longer.  If it were you would not see the shouting down of different opinions or the mere intolerance of a different opinion that does not agree with their own. 

@irwin posted:

Napacat wrote:  "For Mr. Garner, doesn't seem as cut and dry to me.  They tried to cooperate with him for 30+ minutes prior to him being placed in a choke hold.  Now, it can be debated whether any of that was necessary for selling individual cigarette."

Whoa!  It can be debated whether choking a person to death for selling cigarettes was necessary?  No, it really cannot be debated, sir.

A day or two ago, you supported the President's call to use the US Army in this current protest situation.  I asked you "What would you have the army do?" You did not respond to that question.  General Mattis, General Kelly and others have now responded calling the President's suggestion inappropriate and unconstitutional.  Senator Romney, Senator Murkowski have joined.

So, Napacat, do you stand with the President or with Mattis, Kelly, Romney, and Murkowski on the use of the military. 

You are an attorney, so specifics of words matter.  I did not intend to imply that chocking him to DEATH was debatable...putting him into a chokehold in general is what I meant.  So far, that situation looks to be to be different than the events surrounding Mr. Floyd.

As for the military, if the situations were to get any worse or more amplified, I would not have a problem with first the national guard restoring order and if it took anything further...would not have a problem with that.

@napacat posted:

You are an attorney, so specifics of words matter.  I did not intend to imply that chocking him to DEATH was debatable...putting him into a chokehold in general is what I meant.  So far, that situation looks to be to be different than the events surrounding Mr. Floyd.

As for the military, if the situations were to get any worse or more amplified, I would not have a problem with first the national guard restoring order and if it took anything further...would not have a problem with that.

Just to note that "liberal" comes from the word "liberty", while "conservative" means ""a person who is averse to change and holds to traditional values and attitudes, typically in relation to politics".  

So how is Trump a conservative?

@napacat posted:

And no...I don't really respect Mitt Romney.  And John Dowd took a bit of a different thought to the Mattis Letter.

Mr. Dowd, who was not present at the time as far as I know, call the people moved from the square terrorists, something no other reputable commentator has called them, while people who were present including media on the left and right have said they were peacefully protesting.  

Mr. Dowd will join a long list of people who will be seen as lying sycophants in service to the Liar-in-Chief, and who will be judged very harshly by history and all decent people. General Mattis, and the other generals who have spoken out recently, will continue to be judged as heroes. 

@bman posted:

Just to note that "liberal" comes from the word "liberty", while "conservative" means ""a person who is averse to change and holds to traditional values and attitudes, typically in relation to politics".  

So how is Trump a conservative?

I am not here defending Trump's conservatism or not.

@bman posted:

Mr. Dowd, who was not present at the time as far as I know, call the people moved from the square terrorists, something no other reputable commentator has called them, while people who were present including media on the left and right have said they were peacefully protesting.  

Mr. Dowd will join a long list of people who will be seen as lying sycophants in service to the Liar-in-Chief, and who will be judged very harshly by history and all decent people. General Mattis, and the other generals who have spoken out recently, will continue to be judged as heroes. 

Not very liberal like accepting another's opinion....

I must admit, the obese orange pile of dung is having one hell of a week.

First he uses a book he has never read for a photo op in front of a building he has never attended, then uses a man that was murdered just last week and whose family and friends are still in mourning as a trivial drop in a look at me ‘press conference.’ 

There has to be a special place in hell for this sick fuck!

Oh, I can already hear our resident empty suit... but the liberals, but Clinton, but the emails, but but but look over here . 

@wine+art posted:

I must admit, the obese orange pile of dung is having one hell of a week.

First he uses a book he has never read for a photo op in front of a building he has never attended, then uses a man that was murdered just last week and whose family and friends are still in mourning as a trivial drop in a look at me ‘press conference.’ 

There has to be a special place in hell for this sick fuck!

Oh, I can already hear our resident empty suit... but the liberals, but Clinton, but the emails, but but but look over here . 

But all those jobs he created today!

Trump holds an outdoor press conference today and beforehand has the reporter's chairs moved tightly together even though they were properly spaced for social distancing a few minutes earlier. He probably hopes many get Covid since he call them the enemy of the people and says the US is at war. 

He then goes on to say that today is a great day for George Floyd because unemployment overall is down, even though black unemployment continues to rise. 

Oh yeah, George Floyd is dead, murdered by police officers. So probably not a great day for him.....

@napacat posted:

I am not here defending Trump's conservatism or not.

That would be a fool's errand, although some of us are more qualified for this errand than others.

20 years ago, your president was a pro-choice Democrat.  His positions, morality and semblance of world view change with the wind.  He'd embrace Taoism if it meant he could get a trump tower in Taipei.

PH

Last edited by purplehaze
@purplehaze posted:

That would be a fool's errand, although some of us are more qualified for this errand than others.

20 years ago, your president was a pro-choice Democrat.  His positions, morality and semblance of world view change with the wind.  He'd embrace Taoism if it meant he could get a trump tower in Taipei.

PH

Exactly. He has no moral compass and zero absolutes other than himself. 

@The Old Man posted:

I don't understand this last post. What are you trying to get to work? I don't get it.

Sorry TOM. I was trying to do one thing and ended up doing something else. No idea how that happened!

@g-man posted:

haha yes, the snowflakes dial is something special.

but here's the new toge's dial

that "mountains of japan" texture.  just stunning

Very nice. I tend to favor art-deco watches from the 1920's-30's, but this is stunning; my favorite color, too. Unfortunately, I can only afford one expensive hobby at a time.

And sorry for the somewhat "dumpster dive" on this thread. Sheesh, I'm gone a couple of days and suddenly there are 4 and a half new pages added to this thread.

Last edited by mneeley490
@mneeley490 posted:

Very nice. I tend to favor art-deco watches from the 1920's-30's, but this is stunning; my favorite color, too. Unfortunately, I can only afford one expensive hobby at a time.

And sorry for the somewhat "dumpster dive" on this thread. Sheesh, I'm gone a couple of days and suddenly there are 4 and a half new pages added to this thread.

Well, if you like and can wear smaller watch styles, you have more options for that style than most. 

You must love JLC timepieces. 

In case anybody wishes to look at how the market does.  It's certainly suspicious the 2.5 million jobs added sounds pretty close to the requirement and number of companies that took out a PPP loan.

F7AA0F2C-9AE9-4524-9EF2-4B2A71C3B7BA

Just an FYI in case anyone here wants to put their money where their mouth is and focus their venom on the#1 Trump supporter in the wine industry instead of arguing with a troll here's your chance. 

Attachments

Images (1)

It’s worthy of its own thread.  Outside of this forum, Im glad that I don’t have any current subscriptions.   Tsk tsk tsk

@bomba503 posted:

F7AA0F2C-9AE9-4524-9EF2-4B2A71C3B7BA

Just an FYI in case anyone here wants to put their money where their mouth is and focus their venom on the#1 Trump supporter in the wine industry instead of arguing with a troll here's your chance. 

Adios amigos 

I’m glad I already support some of these businesses.  I look now to support as many of them as I can. Cakebread and Jordan purchases will increase.

And great move on the 57 police officers in Buffalo that resigned from the tactical unit where the two cops were wrongly suspended.  

@napacat posted:

And great move on the 57 police officers in Buffalo that resigned from the tactical unit where the two cops were wrongly suspended.  

Why do you say they were wrongly suspended?  They were clearly in no danger from the man and could have just gone around him.  And they failed to assist a citizen in serious distress, unconscious and bleeding from his head. A situation they caused, as it happens. The latter at least would seem to be a breach of their responsibilities as police officers. 

@bman posted:

Why do you say they were wrongly suspended?  They were clearly in no danger from the man and could have just gone around him.  And they failed to assist a citizen in serious distress, unconscious and bleeding from his head. A situation they caused, as it happens. The latter at least would seem to be a breach of their responsibilities as police officers. 

... now charged and rightfully so!  That said, I too am glad 57 others resigned. Anyone that supports what happened should not be serving. 

A little good news for the day, "Buffalo police officers arrested after shoving 75-year-old protester." As for those that resigned in protest--good, who wants people that support police overreacting when there clear evidence of their brothers in arms doing wrong.

@The Old Man posted:

A little good news for the day, "Buffalo police officers arrested after shoving 75-year-old protester."

Oh, not just shoving, it is also failing to render aid. The thud was so loud you see other officers looking to see what happened not even near him. 

As he lays there bleeding from the impact what did the officers do... oh, step over him. Charged! 

F40F0208-04C9-4627-B200-185AAE092E6C@doubled posted:

Adios amigos 

Unbeleiveable DD. How ironic that posting on this board all day arguing about Trump turns out to be a great way to support him. Im astounded by the silence on the revaltion that WineSpectator is the biggest Trump supporter in the wione world by orders of magnitude. I understand some posters many have not seen it yet but for this is a no brainer. Many of us are friends outside the online world, we have each others phone #'s, emails, Winebeserkers, Instagram, Facebook, Zoom calls and any number of ways to connect. This wont be one of them for me any longer. Talk is cheap and actions speak louder than words. If your still here arguing with napacat tomorrow he was right about you and he won. I'm outta here and wont be back. Logging out...

Attachments

Images (1)
Last edited by bomba503
@bomba503 posted:

Unbeleiveable DD. How ironic that posting on this board all day arguing about Trump turns out to be a great way to support him. Im astounded by the silence on the revaltion that WineSpectator is the biggest Trump supporter in the wione world by orders of magnitude. 

I hate to correct you on apparently your last post here, the chart you posted was certainly an eye-opener. However, "WineSpectator is the biggest Trump supporter in the wione world by orders of magnitude", is simply not true. One order of magnitude means Shanken would be contributing $750,000. "Orders" would be at least $7,500,000.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.