Skip to main content

Maryland has now had 14 days in a row with a positivity rate of under 5%.  Our relative success is perhaps attributable to Governor Hogan, a Republican, who has followed the advice of health professionals, closed things when they needed to be closed, required masks, and told the truth (an important but rare quality for a politician).  He is widely respected.  Though he is a Republican, he has an 80% approval rating among the state's Democrats. 

Last edited by irwin
@irwin posted:

Maryland has now had 14 days in a row with a positivity rate of under 5%.  Our relative success is perhaps attributable to Governor Hogan, a Republican, who has followed the advice of health professionals, closed things when they needed to be closed, required masks, and told the truth (an important but rare quality for a politician).  He is widely respected.  Though he is a Republican, he has an 80% approval rating among the state's Democrats. 

Saw your governor on TV today. 

My county is now at 26%, 27 straight days of increased hospitalizations. On June 18, 2000 COVID cases in hospital, now over 10,000 in hospitals and growing. 

Cases in my city have grown from 200 a day average to 1200+ per day in the last 22 days. 

@wine+art posted:

Saw your governor on TV today. 

My county is now at 26%, 27 straight days of increased hospitalizations. On June 18, 2000 COVID cases in hospital, now over 10,000 in hospitals and growing. 

Cases in my city have grown from 200 a day average to 1200+ per day in the last 22 days. 

Can't be true. Trump and Pence say the virus is under control. 

@g-man posted:

It's pretty crazy that my neighboring borough of queens has a near 61% of the population that has antibodies for covid.  that said ... herd immunity.

G, we all need to hope these antibodies ‘ last.’ Starting to hear they may not, some people now with their second infection. Did you see Tom Hanks address this on TV this week? I didn’t but saw a replay. He said his antibodies are far less than they were a month ago. 

Also, I have a neighbor that is part of the aggressive research for a vaccine. She thinks we may have one in 2021 that is more in line as to our yearly flu vaccine... meaning somewhat helpful, more so in some years than other years. She hopes she is wrong, but not convinced it will be what we and the world need.

Anything will help. 

@bman posted:

Can't be true. Trump and Pence say the virus is under control. 

Trump is clinically ill. No debate. He is pathological.  As for his fluffer, I don’t understand why he is doing this to himself. 

I loved how the CDC said, NO, we stand by our recommendations. 

One of three Americans live in California, Arizona, Texas and Florida. Three of the four have republican governors. California, Texas and Arizona all falling back in phased restrictions which is directly against the orange POS’s delusional wishes. 

The fucker can keep his head in the sand with his fat ass sticking up all he wants, but with Texas and Arizona moving back to phase two and people in Florida knowing their idiot governor making a fool of himself daily, the truth is transparent. The Texas governor has requested military medical personnel to help with our crisis. 

Last edited by wine+art

i find it amusing when folks refer to texas and the hospitalization rates, about how through out texas there's still plenty of hospital space.  I think they kindly forget that texas is a pretty big ass state and yer not goign to be helicoptering every single covid patient to a neighboring free hospital bed when the one in your city gets overfilled.

@g-man posted:

i find it amusing when folks refer to texas and the hospitalization rates, about how through out texas there's still plenty of hospital space.  I think they kindly forget that texas is a pretty big ass state and yer not goign to be helicoptering every single covid patient to a neighboring free hospital bed when the one in your city gets overfilled.

Our governor has stopped all elective surgeries in 105 counties. To your point, some of these counties are 750 miles apart. 

@billhike posted:

Assuming our sometimes moronic species lasts for decades. I’ve never been more glad to not have children than this year.

These are dark days; but the fact is that humanity, as a whole, is doing fine.  This is not an extinction level event; mankind is going to make it through Covid.  We need the next generation to keep us moving forward.  My kids are frankly doing much better with all of this than I am, I think.

@flwino posted:

Our neighborhood restaurant where we thought safe, has closed for a week to deep clean, and test all employees.   They say it was voluntary, however, most deep cleaning only takes a day or so.

We were there Tuesday.  Really worried about it now.

I hate to ask this, but what are you doing going to eat in a restaurant in Palm Beach County right now?   We are part of the epicenter.  I haven't eaten in a restaurant since mid-March, and I sure as heck wouldn't go now. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.