mikemann posted:

Two days since anybody posted about wine! And you wonder why this former great site has passed on! Both excellent!

I guess sometimes there's more important things to talk about than wine--like concern for our democracy and the rule of law. There's a lot to be sober about these days whether the (very small) troop of Trumpanzies around here know it or not.

billhike posted:
purplehaze posted:

And somewhere in the swamps of Alabama, a bridge is missing its troll.

PH

You mean a shuffleboard court in Florida, or the salad, ribeye and red to be determined cafe.

I'm surprised he could take a break from watching the disgusting video shown to 45's supporters at 45's Resort in Florida.  I won't post a link, easy enough to google.  One of these deranged supporters is going to take this as a call to do harm to a media member, and Trump has (as of now) yet to denounce the video.  

"One of these deranged supporters is going to take this as a call to do harm to a media member..."

Did you forget it's already happened? We had all those the packages delivered to CNN and other media and politicians who the so-called president of the United States has called the enemy of the people. He's a pig and his supporters are pigs.

The Old Man posted:

"One of these deranged supporters is going to take this as a call to do harm to a media member..."

Did you forget it's already happened? We had all those the packages delivered to CNN and other media and politicians who the so-called president of the United States has called the enemy of the people. He's a pig and his supporters are pigs.

I should've clarified " to do hard to a media member Again..."  You are correct 100%

wineart 2 posted:

Well, hell. I was going to stop and shop for groceries today but I forgot my I.D. According to the orange pile of dung I / we must have an I.D. to do such.  

Funny.  I went to the store to buy a baguette, but forgot my money.  But I showed the clerk my ID and told him that Mexico would pay for it.  Fortunately, the guy was wearing a MAGA hat, and he believed me.  Baguette acquired!!  

PH

The Old Man posted:

Can't say it couldn't happen, look what happened at the Republican baseball practice when Steve Scalise was shot.

thistlintom posted:
The Old Man posted:

Can't say it couldn't happen, look what happened at the Republican baseball practice when Steve Scalise was shot.

Agreed.  Hyper-partisanship is poisoning politics in the US and elsewhere.  But I would think there is a lot more danger from the right than the left, due to Trump's encouragement of it, the far right nutjobs on radio and online outnumbering those on the far left, and the likelihood that those on the right are probably more likely to be armed, given the second amendment seems to be more of a thing for the right than the left.  But mostly due to Trump's daily dismantling of what used to be considered respectful political discourse and behaviour.

thistlintom posted:
The Old Man posted:

b-man beat me to the general thought, since I'm deep into the Nats' game at the moment.  You probably don't want to get into a tit-for-tat comparison on mass gun violence and political orientation.  Trust me.  Numbers don't lie.

PH

thistlintom posted:
The Old Man posted:

As others have pointed out, false equivalence. No one of any import has called for the death of any Republican congressman. The POS POTUS has the most powerful megaphone in the world. He has directly called reporters and Democrats the enemy of the people and he certainly has encouraged violence in speeches to mesmerized audiences at his spittle-fests.

patespo1 posted:
billhike posted:
purplehaze posted:

And somewhere in the swamps of Alabama, a bridge is missing its troll.

PH

You mean a shuffleboard court in Florida, or the salad, ribeye and red to be determined cafe.

I'm surprised he could take a break from watching the disgusting video shown to 45's supporters at 45's Resort in Florida.  I won't post a link, easy enough to google.  One of these deranged supporters is going to take this as a call to do harm to a media member, and Trump has (as of now) yet to denounce the video.  

Video not on FOX, so he did not see it

Add Reply

Likes (0)