Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by Pianist718:
quote:
Originally posted by Mimik:
Pianist.


I know you love me.

Anyway. I finally oppened up the bottle you suggested yesterday (Chateau Bellefont Belcier 2005). Very nice wine. Kept some for day 2 to try with a filet.


I do because you have a sense of humour. I'm glad you liked the Belfont.
quote:
Originally posted by Mimik:
quote:
Originally posted by Pianist718:
quote:
Originally posted by Mimik:
Pianist.


I know you love me.

Anyway. I finally oppened up the bottle you suggested yesterday (Chateau Bellefont Belcier 2005). Very nice wine. Kept some for day 2 to try with a filet.


I do because you have a sense of humour. I'm glad you liked the Belfont.


Well, I decided to do a blind test doing Belfont versus my cheaper Favorite 2009 Château Côte Montpezat Cuvée Compostelle.

There is a say "better is an enemy of good". I hated the Montpezat. I could single out Belfont just by the nose. The Montpezat was almost blendish in comparison. Maybe it was an off bottle, I don't know. Also, I boticed that Belfont got a bit stronger/harsh on day 2. Still good but I felt that day 1 was smoother. Does that make sense?

I am now waiting to open up my 2005 Château Branaire (Duluc-Ducru) to compare to Belfont.
quote:
Originally posted by Pianist718:
quote:
Originally posted by Mimik:
quote:
Originally posted by Pianist718:
quote:
Originally posted by Mimik:
Pianist.


I know you love me.

Anyway. I finally oppened up the bottle you suggested yesterday (Chateau Bellefont Belcier 2005). Very nice wine. Kept some for day 2 to try with a filet.


I do because you have a sense of humour. I'm glad you liked the Belfont.


Well, I decided to do a blind test doing Belfont versus my cheaper Favorite 2009 Château Côte Montpezat Cuvée Compostelle.

There is a say "better is an enemy of good". I hated the Montpezat. I could single out Belfont just by the nose. The Montpezat was almost blendish in comparison. Maybe it was an off bottle, I don't know. Also, I boticed that Belfont got a bit stronger/harsh on day 2. Still good but I felt that day 1 was smoother. Does that make sense?

I am now waiting to open up my 2005 Château Branaire (Duluc-Ducru) to compare to Belfont.


A blind test conducted by yourself? Yeah sure.
quote:
Originally posted by FL Wino:
quote:
Originally posted by Pianist718:
quote:
Originally posted by Mimik:
quote:
Originally posted by Pianist718:
quote:
Originally posted by Mimik:
Pianist.


I know you love me.

Anyway. I finally oppened up the bottle you suggested yesterday (Chateau Bellefont Belcier 2005). Very nice wine. Kept some for day 2 to try with a filet.


I do because you have a sense of humour. I'm glad you liked the Belfont.


Well, I decided to do a blind test doing Belfont versus my cheaper Favorite 2009 Château Côte Montpezat Cuvée Compostelle.

There is a say "better is an enemy of good". I hated the Montpezat. I could single out Belfont just by the nose. The Montpezat was almost blendish in comparison. Maybe it was an off bottle, I don't know. Also, I boticed that Belfont got a bit stronger/harsh on day 2. Still good but I felt that day 1 was smoother. Does that make sense?

I am now waiting to open up my 2005 Château Branaire (Duluc-Ducru) to compare to Belfont.


A blind test conducted by yourself? Yeah sure.


Ok, I'll clarify.
My wife poured the wine while I was in the other room. I asked her to make sure that both were approximately same temperature.

In reality it was a no-brainer. The 2005 stood out in color, nose, and finally taste. I was just very surprised how uneventful my $18 recent favorite was compared to the 2005 (still have both bottles waiting for day 3 test with some cheese that I usually pair my Spanish wine with). At the same time, I noticed that on day 2 the Belfont got a bit more harsh, almost not as smooth as day one. Not sure why. On day 1 I poured it into a decanter, kept in it for few minutes and poured it back into the bottle before taking it to the restaurant. Is that what you'd call "Aerated"?
quote:
Originally posted by Pianist718:
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
Be quiet. Don't be rude. You're fake news.


Loved it. That guy was so out of line with his ... "my question, my question".

"Mr. Trump, since you're attacking us, can we ask a question"?

Where is the logic?

It was funny, sad and embarrassing at the same time. Effing Alec Baldwin rigged this election.
quote:
Originally posted by Napacat:
quote:
Originally posted by Pianist718:
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
Be quiet. Don't be rude. You're fake news.


Loved it. That guy was so out of line with his ... "my question, my question".

"Mr. Trump, since you're attacking us, can we ask a question"?

Where is the logic?


Loved it too. Pianist you are Russian right? Wink


Technically "Ukrainian", however, I immigrated to U.S. at time when USSR was falling apart, 1993, so, I usually say "Former USSR" instead of Russia or Ukraine.
quote:
Originally posted by Pianist718:
quote:
Originally posted by Napacat:
quote:
Originally posted by Pianist718:
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
Be quiet. Don't be rude. You're fake news.


Loved it. That guy was so out of line with his ... "my question, my question".

"Mr. Trump, since you're attacking us, can we ask a question"?

Where is the logic?


Loved it too. Pianist you are Russian right? Wink


Technically "Ukrainian", however, I immigrated to U.S. at time when USSR was falling apart, 1993, so, I usually say "Former USSR" instead of Russia or Ukraine.


Welcome...
i dont understand the vitriol surrounding such a simple phrase

not my president.

There is a very simple difference between accepting the state of the world vs being proactive and ensuring that while he may be my president, I dont accept alot his policies.

Slavery was common in early america too. If i were a slave, my plantation owner pat, would have been my master but it's rather silly to think that one should just relegate their lives happily being a slave.

So, you were not a fan of obama, did you sit there quietly and "suck it up"? Or did you do the american thing and write to your elected officials, voice your concerns, challenge policies of his that you felt were wrong?

so yes, trump is the president, but he's not my president.
JBurman82,

Thank you...quite a simple point. I did not say that you had to agree with your president...but at the end of the day...he is your president.

Has Trump said some things that made me wince...quite obviously yes. But I am of the opinion the U.S. is going to be better under him than what we could of had.

Just listen to the recent video of the woman who want to head the DNC (Sally B Brown). That is some scary stuff!

Add Reply

Post
×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×