Skip to main content

@wine+art posted:

How very rich. 🤣😂

The little Napa fool resurfaces after his boy goes down in historic flames . Hey Napa, if you are going to call someone a dolt, at least do it properly!  

Your a dolt? Try you’re a dolt. You write like the orange pile of dung you fluff!

Ok...trying it now.  You're a Dolt.  That felt good.  You probably think everything is going smoothly with this clown in office.  Defend it! 

At the end of the day you can't force western style democracy on everyone. There are certain places and people who will always prefer a strong leader to tell them how to live. The middle east has always been tribal, fiercely regional and strongly prefers dominant leadership. It won't take decades to change, it will take centuries.

The mistake is not allowing dictatorship because we need to "give them democracy". It's better that have your dictator in charge because one will be and if it's not yours it will be someone else's.

The West shoudl have never allowed the Shah of Iran to be ousted. Iran would have been better and much more western, Lebanon would have been the same, that would have flowed into Afghanistan, Syrah and Pakistan.

At the end of the day you can't force western style democracy on everyone. There are certain places and people who will always prefer a strong leader to tell them how to live. The middle east has always been tribal, fiercely regional and strongly prefers dominant leadership. It won't take decades to change, it will take centuries.

The mistake is not allowing dictatorship because we need to "give them democracy". It's better that have your dictator in charge because one will be and if it's not yours it will be someone else's.

I don't remember which American senior official said it decades ago but I remember one of them saying "He may be a son of a bitch, but he's OUR son of a bitch!"

@napacat posted:

You know...those that like to "seem" intellectual and try and correct the spelling of others should not really use the word try's.  One would think that someone who is a pseudo-intellectual such as yourself...would know better.  But I guess not.

Should I use a smiley face after that?

Good catch! I just typed it again and predictive text once again posted ‘ try’s.’ Lesson learned. Pay more attention!

You didn’t make a spelling error, it was pure grammar.

@billhike posted:

For something really random and off topic, we are having an offline tonight! 12 of us with a fantastic lineup of wines. Will post later this week.

We're doing the same thing tonight with some of the Toronto crew. 02/04/08 Sir Winston, 96/10 de l'Oree, '07 Egon Muller Scharzhofberger Spatlese, 1995 Gagnard-Delagrange Batard Montrachet, 01 Il Carbonaione, 1995 Castello di Ama L'Apparita, 08 Benjamin Leroux Corton Charlemagne

So Gov. Newsom is being recalled,

"Being" means currently happening, or it already occurred. This is not true. A recall election is happening. Like with CSM a little more thought before typing will go a long way. The main thing about he recall is if it's successful we will almost certainly have a governor who "believes" the Big Lie and also will take a Deadly DeSantis viewpoint toward the virus. We don't need a person who believes in one of these things let alone two.

Last edited by The Old Man

TOM - I agree that Newsom is subject to a recall vote on Sept. 14, and also agree that we don't want a Gov who believes in the Big Lie. But since 9 of the 40+ candidates are Democrats in our very blue state, it's likely that if Newsom is recalled, another Democrat will replace him. Then Newsom won't have to worry about pesky people taking pictures of him when he dines at The French Laundry with lobbyists while not following his own Covid protocols that you and I were expected to adhere to.

I agree. But I think some people are misreading some people. (I know it's funny to put it like that.) The followers of Dear Leader, and Dear Leader himself, can never admit any wrong.  Everything he did was perfect because he is, like Christ, perfect. (Isn't it ironic that people said about followers and fans of Obama that he was their messiah? But no one puts religion and politics closer than a Bible thumpin' Trumpian voter.) I believe Democrats are more likely to not only criticize their leaders ,but even champion their resignation when they are out of bounds. Example Andrew Cuomo.

I never was gaga for any politician but certainly wanted Obama over the alternatives.I thought he was frequently inept. I like Joe Biden but I think this was very mishandled. He made a terrible mistake and he semi-owned up to it, not perfect, but better than the last 5 years. I am glad we are getting out of Afghanistan. Especially after having watched those years in Vietnam. No matter when the band-aid was torn off it was always going to be horrible for much of the population. As long as the United States remains a democracy (I have my doubts beginning in 2024) we are very lucky to live here.

I'd like to point out that the so called liberal media of The Washington Post, The New York Times, CNN, and MSNBC, are all tearing into Biden on this issue. Did Fox News even once criticize the last guy? When you back a perfect man, why bother?

Last edited by The Old Man

We're doing the same thing tonight with some of the Toronto crew. 02/04/08 Sir Winston, 96/10 de l'Oree, '07 Egon Muller Scharzhofberger Spatlese, 1995 Gagnard-Delagrange Batard Montrachet, 01 Il Carbonaione, 1995 Castello di Ama L'Apparita, 08 Benjamin Leroux Corton Charlemagne

Saw some pics on IG, curious how the Sir Winston all compared.   I've enjoyed the '04 multiple times, how did he '08 stack up to it?  TIA

(I realized I'm asking for Tasting Notes, but they seem to be Random and Off Topic these days...)

@patespo1 posted:

Saw some pics on IG, curious how the Sir Winston all compared.   I've enjoyed the '04 multiple times, how did he '08 stack up to it?  TIA

(I realized I'm asking for Tasting Notes, but they seem to be Random and Off Topic these days...)

'04 was very advanced compared to both the '02 and obviously the '08. '02 was the best today and very youthful, I think the '08 will be better but not for another 5-10 years.

The '04 on it's own would have been wonderful (though very bolly like) but was too much sherry against the freshness of the other two.

@The Old Man posted:

I agree. But I think some people are misreading some people. (I know it's funny to put it like that.) The followers of Dear Leader, and Dear Leader himself, can never admit any wrong.  Everything he did was perfect because he is, like Christ, perfect. (Isn't it ironic that people said about followers and fans of Obama that he was their messiah? But no one puts religion and politics closer than a Bible thumpin' Trumpian voter.) I believe Democrats are more likely to not only criticize their leaders ,but even champion their resignation when they are out of bounds. Example Andrew Cuomo.

I never was gaga for any politician but certainly wanted Obama over the alternatives.I thought he was frequently inept. I like Joe Biden but I think this was very mishandled. He made a terrible mistake and he semi-owned up to it, not perfect, but better than the last 5 years. I am glad we are getting out of Afghanistan. Especially after having watched those years in Vietnam. No matter when the band-aid was torn off it was always going to be horrible for much of the population. As long as the United States remains a democracy (I have my doubts beginning in 2024) we are very lucky to live here.

I'd like to point out that the so called liberal media of The Washington Post, The New York Times, CNN, and MSNBC, are all tearing into Biden on this issue. Did Fox News even once criticize the last guy? When you back a perfect man, why bother?

Your generalizations are just so far off.  You say you voted for Obama because the alternatives were not great.    I voted for Trump (twice) because the alternatives were terrible (Hillary and Biden) and the later is proving to be unbelievably true.    The US has not had the best group of candidates for President in a long time.  Politics is ugly, but so very important as it effects our daily lives.  The two sides have zero in common any more and it is just getting worse.

If you can defend what is going on at the Southern border, then you are too far gone.  If you can defend what is going on in Afghanistan then you are too far gone. If you can defend the anti-policy and riots of 2020...then you are too far gone.

@napacat posted:

Your generalizations are just so far off.  You say you voted for Obama because the alternatives were not great.    I voted for Trump (twice) because the alternatives were terrible (Hillary and Biden) and the later is proving to be unbelievably true.    The US has not had the best group of candidates for President in a long time.  Politics is ugly, but so very important as it effects our daily lives.  The two sides have zero in common any more and it is just getting worse.

If you can defend what is going on at the Southern border, then you are too far gone.  If you can defend what is going on in Afghanistan then you are too far gone. If you can defend the anti-policy and riots of 2020...then you are too far gone.

Won't speak for TOM and what he does or does not want to defend.  I will say that if you are willing to tolerate a party that incites, supported, and continues to support the worst domestic terrorism we've seen since the Civil War (January 6th at our Capitol)...then you passed the Too Far Gone line a long time ago. 

@patespo1 posted:

Won't speak for TOM and what he does or does not want to defend.  I will say that if you are willing to tolerate a party that incites, supported, and continues to support the worst domestic terrorism we've seen since the Civil War (January 6th at our Capitol)...then you passed the Too Far Gone line a long time ago.

Oh dear God...your an idiot.  That was some takeover of the Federal Government.  Domestic terrorism on steroids....right!  All should be in jail who took place in destroying any part of the Capitol or violating any laws. 

See...not so hard to be reasonable and stand by the rule of law.  Like everyone of the looters and rioters who broke the law in 2020 (or whenever) should be prosecuted. 

@napacat posted:

Oh dear God...your an idiot.  That was some takeover of the Federal Government.  Domestic terrorism on steroids....right!  All should be in jail who took place in destroying any part of the Capitol or violating any laws.

See...not so hard to be reasonable and stand by the rule of law.  Like everyone of the looters and rioters who broke the law in 2020 (or whenever) should be prosecuted.

I'm glad you believe in responsibility.  I assume this extends to 45 and all of the politicians that incited the rioters with months and months of bullshit theories about stolen election and how to 'stop the steal', as well as the current Republicans that are trying to cover up what happened or pretend they were just 'tourists', correct? 

I don't have any problem whatsoever with people who thought the election was not fair.  I think there were a lot of things that were not done in accordance with the law.   Bit I don't necessarily agree with intentionally stoking doubt about an unfair or stolen election.   

And it extends everywhere, but I don't see that same resolution coming from the other side.  Video is being scrutinized to see who was at the Capitol, but not scrutinized to see who was rioting and looting businesses.  I am ok with prosecuting all of them.  You have to apply the rule of law uniformly.

@The Old Man posted:

LA Times,, "Arrests during George Floyd protests swell to near 3,000 in L.A. County; many are locals."

You're a fucking idiot.

Oh please you old fuck...and with the no bail policies put in place throughout the U.S. they are back on the streets in hours.  Mayors or some morons from the squad say looting is a form redistribution of wealth. Wake up.  I'm an idiot...your a liberal moron if you think this presidency is going well.  Actually, I take that back...I like liberals in the true sense of the word. You're a progressive accomplice.   

@napacat posted:

Oh please you old fuck...and with the no bail policies put in place throughout the U.S. they are back on the streets in hours.  Mayors or some morons from the squad say looting is a form redistribution of wealth. Wake up.  I'm an idiot...your a liberal moron if you think this presidency is going well.  Actually, I take that back...I like liberals in the true sense of the word. You're a progressive accomplice.   

Since you’re big into names and labels, from this moment on you shall be known as Chief of all Dumbasses - CHOAD for short. Let it be done.

@napacat posted:

For you kids out there studying logical fallacies, this is known as moving the goal post.

"your (sic) a liberal moron if you think this presidency is going well."

I have never talked about how this presidency is going. Kids this one is known as a straw man argument.

@irwin posted:

I just find it so amazing that military advisors to our presidents are wrong so often, and completely wrong at that. Yet, our Presidents seem to always listen to them.  I should watch Dr. Strangelove again soon.  (Favorite line:  "You can't fight here, this is the war room!")

"Mr. President, I'm not saying we wouldn't get our hair mussed. But I do say that no more than ten to twenty million killed, tops! Uh, depending on the breaks."

Last edited by mneeley490

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.