Skip to main content

Does anyone know what time the Reinstatement Inauguration is scheduled for today?  I thought it would be at Noon, like regular Inaugurations, but I don't think the Supreme Court has voted 9-0 yet to reinstate former President Trump, and I haven't heard that President Biden and Vice-President Kamala Harris have resigned.

I do know that the MyPillow Symposium finished up after a whirlwind 72 hours, so I assume that the promised mountains of concrete evidence of the fraudulent 2020 election have now come to light for all to see.  So maybe it will be later this afternoon.

I hope that Rudy Giuliani gets appointed Attorney General!  From what I can tell, he needs a steady paycheck to help defend the $1.3 billion Dominion lawsuit, and I don't think his Cameo videos are covering his fees.  Do you have to have an active law license to be the AG, or can suspended attorneys hold the position?  Inquiring for a friend.

@Rothko posted:

Does anyone know what time the Reinstatement Inauguration is scheduled for today?  I thought it would be at Noon, like regular Inaugurations, but I don't think the Supreme Court has voted 9-0 yet to reinstate former President Trump, and I haven't heard that President Biden and Vice-President Kamala Harris have resigned.

I do know that the MyPillow Symposium finished up after a whirlwind 72 hours, so I assume that the promised mountains of concrete evidence of the fraudulent 2020 election have now come to light for all to see.  So maybe it will be later this afternoon.

I hope that Rudy Giuliani gets appointed Attorney General!  From what I can tell, he needs a steady paycheck to help defend the $1.3 billion Dominion lawsuit, and I don't think his Cameo videos are covering his fees.  Do you have to have an active law license to be the AG, or can suspended attorneys hold the position?  Inquiring for a friend.

@wine+art posted:

I would hate to think our very own forum village idiot wasted a trip to our nation’s capital today for nothing! After all, he predicted a Trump landslide. 🤣

Trump does deserve some credit, though. He managed to lose the house, senate and White House all in four years. That hasn’t happened since Hoover in 1932.

Don't jinx it!  The day's not over yet!!

Bashing Biden for Afghanistan doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Sure, the situation there is rather horrible. But, Trump campaigned and promised to pull out of Afghanistan, and it was Trump who negotiated a pull out with the Taliban leadership, and when Biden announced that he wanted all troops out by 9/11/21, Trump criticized him for pulling out too slowly.

Though the current secretary of state said that "Kabul is not Saigon" it sure seems that way to me at present.  The difference is in the future: Vietnam gradually became a capitalist country, making all sorts of products which we import, and has tons of factories and has become a tourist destination.  I don't see that happening with Afghanistan, at least not in my lifetime.

20 years of nation building, trillions of dollars spent, thousands of soldiers lost.  All gone.  Yes, the country fell on Biden's watch, but it was many many years in the making.  Just a terrible tragedy. 

I'm reminded of how we cut bait a few years ago on the Kurds in northern Iraq and left them out to dry.  And now we are doing it again, to our Afghan allies.

Considering on how Biden ran for Prez solely as I'm Not Trump and erased many of Trump's decisions within the first few months of his administration (NATO, Paris Accord, Border Immigration, 50 Executive actions, etc etc etc), it's sad that he is now blaming the previous administration for Afghan. He could have changed course like he has done so many times in 6 months.

As they say, “When you’re up to your ass in alligators, it’s too late to drain the swamp.”
It sure seems like Presidents get duped into these kinds of things by generals and admirals and military experts.  I would assume that some military people advised Bush, Obama, Bush, etc that “We will be able to train the Afghan army to defend itself and to sustain the government on its own.” That sounds good.  Even if it costs a bunch of money.  It’s just that it was wrong, dreadfully so.
Someone must have told Kennedy that we’d be successful with the Bay of Pigs thing.  Someone, like Westmoreland, must have told Johnson to just give more troops and more money, and we’d be able to preserve S. Vietnam.
These military advisors seem to be way over confident of the military’s ability and they vastly underestimate the perseverance of the enemy.
As to the current Afghanistan situation, some general must have told Biden to go ahead and withdraw the troops, that the Afghan army would control the country, that the embassy would be safe, etc.   If I were Biden, I'd locate the idiots who suggested this and fire them.

Of all the moronic and cringeworthy things she's said in the last 7 or 8 months, hearing Psaki talk of the Taliban "making an assessment of what they want their role to be in the international community" as they go door-to-door searching for and beheading individuals that collaborated with the Americans has to be the worst.

@csm posted:

...as they go door-to-door searching for and beheading individuals that collaborated with the Americans has to be the worst.

Can you please provide a citation for where this occurred?  The only place I can find something even close to this is in the British "red tops."  And even they aren't making the claim you are. Not saying it may not occur but making up stuff doesn't really help the discussion.

Among many things that stood out during Biden's speech (does he ever take questions?), was his emphasis that the U.S. has spent "over a trillion dollars" in Afghanistan." Kind of ironic when you consider how much money his administration is spending/ proposing (4.5 trillion+).

The pictures of the Afghans falling from our plane are heartbreaking.

4.5 trillion in Afghanistan?

@The Old Man posted:

Can you please provide a citation for where this occurred?  The only place I can find something even close to this is in the British "red tops."  And even they aren't making the claim you are. Not saying it may not occur but making up stuff doesn't really help the discussion.

She made the comment about the Taliban assessing its place in the international community.  I added the part about beheading US collaborators. Which is something you can google quite easily. They are beheading Afghan troops, even surrendering ones, and at least one interpreter for the US military was beheaded.   All reported on cnn. Some say executed but their preferred means for execution is beheading.  Or stoning to death when it’s a woman.

@csm posted:

She made the comment about the Taliban assessing its place in the international community.  I added the part about beheading US collaborators. Which is something you can google quite easily. They are beheading Afghan troops, even surrendering ones, and at least one interpreter for the US military was beheaded.   All reported on cnn. Some say executed but their preferred means for execution is beheading.  Or stoning to death when it’s a woman.

"Some say."

This is what you wrote, "as they go door-to-door searching for and beheading individuals that collaborated with the Americans has to be the worst."

Got it, with all your deflection you do not have a case you can cite for the untruth you told. Carry on.

Last edited by The Old Man
@bman posted:

I googled CNN Taliban Beheading and found one unconfirmed story from June this year about a translator being beheaded, and others from years ago. Nothing else. And nothing about the Taliban going door to door searching for and beheading individuals who collaborated with the Americans.

I guess it's a technique, just make stuff up. Too much Fox News? I am not saying it can't and won't happen but but it sure does handicap a discussion when you just don't stick to facts.

Last edited by The Old Man

CSM - Unfortunately, when beheadings occur and are televised by al jezeera, as they have in the past, your point will be made. Women and children, along with men who aided our effort, will pay for this administration's ineptness. Biden owns this, and he doesn't regret his decision.

He said it was CURRENTLY occurring.  It is not true. I've already said twice that things could certainly go that way. You just can't make stuff up to make your point and then not own up to it when caught.

CSM - Unfortunately, when beheadings occur and are televised by al jezeera, as they have in the past, your point will be made. Women and children, along with men who aided our effort, will pay for this administration's ineptness. Biden owns this, and he doesn't regret his decision.

You remember that the previous President made a deal last year with the Taliban to cease hostilities and have all American military leave this year, right?  Which gave the Taliban the time and timeline to make the deals with warlords and regional Afghan military officials, which made an eventual Taliban takeover inevitable. Do you really think the delusional Donnie Dickhead would have done any better?

I should have said executed rather than beheaded.  I only assumed that beheading was occurring based on the cnn report from 3 weeks ago (apparently unconfirmed) and the Taliban‘s history of beheading males. My bad.  The means by which people are being executed is important and I shouldn’t have assumed.

Although I could be 100% off base about killings period. The NYT is reporting the door to door searches were being conducted by the Taliban.  But it was just in an effort to get the bureaucrats back to work in order to keep the government running.  

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/ww...iban-kunduz.amp.html

Last edited by csm

bman - I doubt seriously if Trump could have done any better then Biden, but i also doubt that he could have done any worse. Biden blamed everyone he could, before he finally said he owned it. Enough said. Whatever happens now, including more Afghans falling to their death off our planes, and women and children falling victim to the Taliban, Biden owns it.

All that can be said is wow.  Some of you people are just moronic at trying to “stick with your side”.  This is most likely the worst presidential administration in history.  

And that Billhike character...comprehend much?  The $4.5 trillion is referring to the non-sensical infrastructure numbers...not what is proposed to be spent in Afghanistan.  Christ your a dolt.  

@napacat posted:

All that can be said is wow.  Some of you people are just moronic at trying to “stick with your side”.  This is most likely the worst presidential administration in history.  

And that Billhike character...comprehend much?  The $4.5 trillion is referring to the non-sensical infrastructure numbers...not what is proposed to be spent in Afghanistan.  Christ your a dolt.  

Ah, someone turned a light on and scared the cockroach out into the open for a second. I know what the 4.5 is being spent on, asswipe. I thought it was silly to compare the two referenced expenditures. Clearly you don’t see past the end of your turd-stained nose.

@napacat posted:

How very rich. 🤣😂

The little Napa fool resurfaces after his boy goes down in historic flames . Hey Napa, if you are going to call someone a dolt, at least do it properly!  

Your a dolt? Try you’re a dolt. You write like the orange pile of dung you fluff!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.