Skip to main content

@irwin posted:

McConnell is 78 yrs old, just got re-elected. He has the power to just say, "We are not voting on the house bill." By doing so, it means, among other things, that the two Georgia senators who are in tight election races for Jan. 6, don't have to take a position.

And they call this a "democracy"?

It is beyond outrageous.  

I fully believe he wants to tank the economy and ruin people's lives in the hopes that people wind up blaming Biden.

The two Georgia Senators will have to say how they would vote, even if it doesn't land with the same force.  Of course, they can dodge and try to mitigate the damage.  

The bill would certainly pass the Senate -- probably by over 60, if the House is any indication.

That one non-nationally elected man has this much power is a scandal.  The way McConnell is using it is enraging.  Or as I said, beyond outrageous.

@jcocktosten posted:

And this is surprising to anyone with a brain?

Amazing how buzzwords, propaganda, ridiculous and fake appeals to morals and religion and BS , overrides logic and self interest.

We are living in the real life version of Idiocracy.  While not a good movie, it is scarily prophetic

Surprising?  No.  But even after all of this time, there still is a moral shock.

McConnell believes he is acting in the interest of maintaining power.  To the absolute ruin of America.  It has been his M.O. for at least 12 years.  But there has never been a time more on obvious display.  

Someone online refers to Trumpists as neoconfederate treasonweasels.  (Strictly speaking, the term should be neoconfederate seditionweasels.)  The term applies differently, but equally to McConnell, who never passes up an opportunity to subvert democracy, decency, and the republic.

Last edited by winetarelli
@winetarelli posted:

Surprising?  No.  But even after all of this time, there still is a moral shock.

McConnell believes he is acting in the interest of maintaining power.  To the absolute ruin of America.  It has been his M.O. for at least 12 years.  But there has never been a time more on obvious display.  

Someone online refers to Trumpists as neoconfederate treasonweasels.  (Strictly speaking, the term should be neoconfederate seditionweasels.)  The term applies differently, but equally to McConnell, who never passes up an opportunity to subvert democracy, decency, and the republic.

I like the term Trumpanzee for his truly hard-core believe-whatever-he-says followers, as it suggests an image of crazed beasties beating their chests and issuing empty threats, though that's a bit unfair to chimpanzees who also exhibit rational compassion and rational behaviour that Trump's most loyal and crazed followers do not. 

@bman posted:

I like the term Trumpanzee for his truly hard-core believe-whatever-he-says followers, as it suggests an image of crazed beasties beating their chests and issuing empty threats, though that's a bit unfair to chimpanzees who also exhibit rational compassion and rational behaviour that Trump's most loyal and crazed followers do not.

Yes,

I would not want to insult chimpanzees in such a fashion.

Come to think of it, neither should weasels be treated so poorly.

Basically Louis Gohmert is calling for armed sedition because the courts are allowing a legal election to go forward. “Bottom line is, the court is saying, ‘We’re not going to touch this, you have no remedy.' Basically, in effect, the ruling would be that you’ve got to go to the streets and be as violent as antifa and BLM."

The sickness that is Trumpism.

Last edited by The Old Man
@The Old Man posted:

Basically Louis Gohmert is calling for armed sedition because the courts are allowing a legal election to go forward. “Bottom line is, the court is saying, ‘We’re not going to touch this, you have no remedy.' Basically, in effect, the ruling would be that you’ve got to go to the streets and be as violent as antifa and BLM."

The sickness that is Trumpism.

Be fair to Louie. His sickness and stupidity far pre-dates Trump. Remember when he called John McCain a terrorist sympathizer for opposing torture?  That was just the tip of the iceberg. He makes Dan Quayle look like a Rhodes Scholar.  (He also argued, non-ironically, we need arctic pipelines because the pipes are warm due to the oil running through them which, in turn, creates a great spot for caribou to go on dates and if we don’t have the pipeline the caribou might not procreate. I’m not joking. He genuinely said it is where “when [caribou] want to go on a date, they invite each other to head over to the pipeline.” And continued on from there, outlining his concerns.)

@wine+art posted:

I would be remiss not to thank the orange pile of dung for delivering the senate to the democrats!

The state of Georgia has elected a Jewish man and an African American to the U.S. senate. Excellent work of the Dump! 😎

The sun is shining a touch brighter today.

And he tears the Republican Party even further apart. 

The sun shines much MUCH brighter today!

I see the orange pile of dung is about to address the crowd in D.C. I’m anxious to hear his empathy to our nation as we had our deadliest day yesterday from COVID-19, our hospitals are at a record admissions and we are woefully behind in his administrations goals for vaccinations.

I have no doubt he will comfort a nation leading the world in cases and deaths.

And  this quote from a Rep (happens to be an alum of my high school - a few years behind me) - “I just had to evacuate my office because of a pipe bomb reported outside,” Rep. Elaine Luria (D-Va.) tweeted. “Supporters of the President are trying to force their way into the Capitol and I can hear what sounds like multiple gunshots.”

Such a wonderful time for USA

This is 100% on Trump. He wound them up with his lies about the election then told them to March on Congress and they did. And he has yet to tell them to leave the building over an hour after they stormed it. I hope those who vote for him are proud of themselves.

On a positive note, I cannot imagine this will help Republicans politically going forward.

@brucehayes posted:

As a Canadian (thank God) I simply am at a loss to understand Americans.

I'm Canadian too but don't think it's fair to tar all Americans with the brush of Trumpism.  While he got tens of millions of votes, I am confident that most Americans, almost all of them in fact, are as opposed to what the mob is doing in Trump's name as anyone with a brain and common sense would be.  And of course Biden still got millions more votes than Trump - so not fair to point the finger at all Americans.

@flwino posted:

I'm drinking heavy stuff.  WTF has happened to our country?

Newsmax host, Greg Kelly: “I have serious questions about who these people are, “Who are these people? This is not the Trump crowd that I know, that you know. We see serious indications that antifa and outside infiltrators could be involved in all of this. These don’t look like Trump supporters, (wearing 'Make America Great Again' flags and wearing Trump paraphernalia.) Trump supporters don’t do these things.”

Kelly’s guest, college student and conservative activist CJ Pearson, echoed Kelly’s sentiments.

“Trump supporters don’t do that. We’re not liberals,” Pearson said. “We’re not people who get lost in our feelings and ... burn down everything in sight. We don’t do that because we believe in the rule of law.”

You have tens of millions of ignorant Americans, like Napatroll, who believe stuff like this. Does that answer you question?

TOM - You can take this with whatever grain of salt you wish, but in most circles, especially in this racially sensitive time, Nappy is considered to be a racial slur. You can read about it here if you wish.

The Racial Roots Behind The Term 'Nappy' : Code Switch : NPR

At first I thought you were saying it was an issue with people on the Wine Spectator forum. However, I will take this under advisement and make changes as necessary.

I know some of us are going on and on about this, like me, but yesterday really was a shocking day. I think this CNN Headline puts this horror in perspective with few words, "Trump pushed Pence to engineer a coup and when he didn't, he incited a riot that put the Vice President in harm's way."

BTW, You know he's going to issue a blanket pardon for all the rioters.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.