Skip to main content

@The Old Man posted:

The mind of a stable genius: "It’s amazing how those mail-in ballots are so one-sided."

Er, Prez, don't you remember you and your prime enabler, Bill Barr, telling everyone about the supposed dangers in voting by mail? Your cult members believe everything you tell them so your warning may actually have helped the Democrats. Something about hoists and petards comes to mind about now.

"Think about how stupid the average American is. Then realize, half the people are even more stupid than that!"   --George Carlin

Last edited by mneeley490
@purplehaze posted:

We have a big tent.  

I thought about you and w+a a lot these past weeks.  That was a good little get-together, no?

PH

It was great fun.  I was hoping we'd get to do it again this year but no such luck. 

And yes, it's a big tent.  All are welcome who meet the rather easy-to-meet membership requirements:  love great wine, despite terrible Presidents!

BTW, my wife made more of those candied pecans.  Just sayin'......

Trump’s very first ever political contest was the Iowa caucuses held in 2016. Here are Trump’s comments.

” Ted Cruz didn’t win Iowa, he stole it.” Trump tweeted. “ that is why all the polls were so wrong and why he got far more votes than anticipated. Bad!”  “ Based on the fraud committed by Senator Ted Cruz during the Iowa caucus, either a new election should take place or Cruz results nullified.”

The POS better known as an orange pile of dung plays the same song over and over since he knows his cult of ignorant f#@ks buy it hook, line and sinker.🙈😂🤣😅

If you have a spare hour, make a list of the people and groups of people who Trump insulted.  Start with the other Republicans against whom he ran in the primaries. Rubio, Cruz, Fiorina, Bush.  Then go to generals, scientists, civil servants, his former employees, soldiers. Heads of state of other countries. Senator McCain --"I like people who weren't captured."  He has routinely praised only one person on earth, namely himself.  That is not a recipe for endearment. Yet, 71 million voters chose him on their ballot.

@irwin posted:

If you have a spare hour, make a list of the people and groups of people who Trump insulted.  Start with the other Republicans against whom he ran in the primaries. Rubio, Cruz, Fiorina, Bush.  Then go to generals, scientists, civil servants, his former employees, soldiers. Heads of state of other countries. Senator McCain --"I like people who weren't captured."  He has routinely praised only one person on earth, namely himself.  That is not a recipe for endearment. Yet, 71 million voters chose him on their ballot.

National personality cults are contagious.  Look at Putin, Kim and his father and grandfather in North Korea, Mussolini, Hitler (not otherwise comparing Trump to the latter two) and others. 

BTW, has there ever been a leader of a national personality cult who wasn't an evil overlord?

@bman posted:

National personality cults are contagious.  Look at Putin, Kim and his father and grandfather in North Korea, Mussolini, Hitler (not otherwise comparing Trump to the latter two) and others.

BTW, has there ever been a leader of a national personality cult who wasn't an evil overlord?

The French may have a different response to that last question than many other European countries.  My own views of Napoleon are complicated, but I tend to view him, overall, somewhat positively.

But, in broad terms, I would say the personality traits (and, frequently, policies) required to be a "successful" populist leader generally preclude the possibility of being a selfless, thoughtful, liberal-minded person.  

@wine+art posted:

Trump’s very first ever political contest was the Iowa caucuses held in 2016. Here are Trump’s comments.

” Ted Cruz didn’t win Iowa, he stole it.” Trump tweeted. “ that is why all the polls were so wrong and why he got far more votes than anticipated. Bad!”  “ Based on the fraud committed by Senator Ted Cruz during the Iowa caucus, either a new election should take place or Cruz results nullified.”

The POS better known as an orange pile of dung plays the same song over and over since he knows his cult of ignorant f#@ks buy it hook, line and sinker.🙈😂🤣😅

He views everything through his own filter. In his business life, he’s so accustomed to stealing, manipulating and rigging things for his own benefit, it’s how he sees the world.

@The Old Man posted:

Who's a fool? This was in June of this year in response to the question that perhaps Bill Maher started three years ago about Trump not leaving. The silence  elected at this time by the leaders of the former Republican party is shameful.

But he didn't lose!  There were millions of illegal ballots, all of which were for Biden, and millions of legal ballots not counted, all for Trump!  Never mind that those same ballots elected many Republicans...

@The Old Man posted:

I'm here to tell you my friends, enemies and detractors that the way the Trumpublican leaders are acting is about to bring us right to the end of days for the Roman Republic. The final horror many of us feared about Trump is about to play out and if so the temple of our democracy will lay in rubble around him.

Whom do you compare Trump to?  Marius?  Sulla?  Pompey?  Julius Caesar?

@The Old Man posted:

The firing of Esper is very ominous. I really don't want to be right, but...the Biden victory is starting to feel like when Judge Garland was all set to be elevated to the Supreme Court...it never happened.

I quickly realized that McConnell wouldn’t let Garland get confirmed. I also knew Trump would fire Esper after the election. I’m not going to feel fully secure until noon, Jan 20. But, I’m pretty certain it’s over. Trump may run amok between now and then; but then, Biden will be President.

@winetarelli posted:

I quickly realized that McConnell wouldn’t let Garland get confirmed. I also knew Trump would fire Esper after the election. I’m not going to feel fully secure until noon, Jan 20. But, I’m pretty certain it’s over. Trump may run amok between now and then; but then, Biden will be President.

One can only hope.  The Republican toadies have made it perfectly clear they care only for power and not one bit for our country or democracy

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.