Skip to main content

@csm posted:

Trump not going to see John Lewis lying in state.  No reason specified.  What a clown. 

Lewis, known and beloved as the ‘ conscious of the congress.’ He lived a life of hope for betterment for ALL people. He lived a life of seeking what we all have in common and build upon those positive commonalities... Dump is the cancer and feces of the executive branch and is devoid of any conscious. 

Lewis said when people call you names, hate you for your color and treat you with disrespect, forgive them and love them. This is the only way to change their heart. Dump belittles people of color, calls their IQ into question, creates lies about anyone that doesn’t agree with him including his inter circle and family, lacks respect for any different opinions and spews hate and division daily plus filters EVERYTHING through a single filter... how does it make me look? 

Dump doesn’t deserve the privilege of attending in my opinion.  To paraphrase Rev. Sykes from a brilliant novel, Stand Up because your father is about to pass. 

Lewis, known and beloved as the ‘ conscious of the congress.’ He lived a life of hope for betterment for ALL people. He lived a life of seeking what we all have in common and build upon those positive commonalities... Dump is the cancer and feces of the executive branch and is devoid of any conscious

"Conscious?"  Huh?

Last edited by irwin
@irwin posted:

Lewis, known and beloved as the ‘ conscious of the congress.’ He lived a life of hope for betterment for ALL people. He lived a life of seeking what we all have in common and build upon those positive commonalities... Dump is the cancer and feces of the executive branch and is devoid of any conscious

"Conscious?"  Huh?

Correct. I should do a better job checking while typing on my phone. Thanks! 

@wine+art posted:

Dump doesn’t deserve the privilege of attending in my opinion.  To paraphrase Rev. Sykes from a brilliant novel, Stand Up because your father is about to pass. 

I see what you’re saying but I think Lewis deserves the recognition of the person holding the highest office in the land. It’s reprehensible that he will not. Moreover, even if the president doesn’t deserve the right based on his behaviour, Lewis would, most certainly have welcomed him to a similar proceeding and recommended forgiveness for his transgressions. Something I’d not have done I’m sure (Lewis clearly is a better man than I).  

The increase in anti-Semitic incidents, which saw its largest increase in decades with the inauguration of Trump in 2017, continues its yearly climb.

"More than 2,100 acts of assault, vandalism and harassment were reported last year, according to the ADL, which has been tracking these incidents since 1979. An audit of Antisemitic Incidents released in May showed a 12% increase in incidents and a 56% increase in assaults in 2019."

@winetarelli posted:

So, this is an actual and accurate headline.

Donald Trump insists hydroxychloroquine 'works' after Twitter deleted video saying it's a COVID cure, backs doctor who blames witchcraft and 'sex with demons' for illness and then walks out of his briefing mid-question

Reminder, over 40% of voting Americans still plan on voting for him against a kind, knowledgable, moderate man this fall.

From Wikipedia: "She has said that many gynecological illnesses are the result of having sex dreams with succubi and incubi and receiving "demon sperm". She has said that endometriosis, infertility, miscarriages, and sexually transmitted infections are caused by the spirit husband. She has said that space alien DNA is used in medical treatments and that reptilians/aliens run the government. She stated in a 2015 sermon that "Illuminati" are using witches to destroy the world through abortion, gay marriage, and children's toys and media (such as Harry Potter, Pokémon, “Wizards of Waverly Place” and “Hannah Montana”).[2][6]"

Personally, I have found that Hannah Montana was rather subversive. 

Last edited by irwin

"With Universal Mail-In Voting (not Absentee Voting, which is good), 2020 will be the most INACCURATE & FRAUDULENT Election in history. It will be a great embarrassment to the USA. Delay the Election until people can properly, securely and safely vote???"

Here we go folks. But don't worry there's some real push back from his enablers. Here's lapdog Lindsey Graham, "I don't think that's a particularly good idea." Or butt licker John Thune, "I think that's probably a statement that gets some press attention, but I doubt it gets any serious traction." Wow, that will show him. None of them push back on the would be despot's unproven claims.

"Well, ya got trouble, my friend, right here, I say, trouble right here in River City."

Last edited by The Old Man

Do you guys remember the days, when Ebola and SARs were really  big news and how they were super deadly?

They made like 3-4 movies about it, and we got to goto the theater to see Dustin Hoffman make a terrible movie and we lamented how we wasted 10$?

It's a damn shame we can't watch a movie about this fiasco cuz we're acutally living in it.  150k dead americans, most infections in the world on total and per capita basis.

oh and amongst more downward records broken, the US has now printed the worst GDP growth in the  history of the US.  Like all time low like blew away the previous record by 300%, we're talking including the great depression.  I mean, I thought living through the financial crisis, or the dot com bust or the Ebola scare, or the SARS/MERS scare or 9/11 was bad.

-32.9%, man the rest of the world must be doing the same.  Oh wait, nope, the US takes the lead on that one too by almost 2x worst than the next developed country.   No other first world country in the world has seen as much incompetence.  

Schadenfreude is not helping today.

We need these assholes gone.  Every last one of them.  (Romney and Hogan can stay.  Every other currently serving GOP member must go.)  I don't believe the political left has all the answers -- at all.  But the GOP has gone beyond Faustian bargain to utter despicable rottenness and it needs to be decimated so a sane, principled, competent conservative party can emerge.

@g-man posted:

Do you guys remember the days, when Ebola and SARs were really  big news and how they were super deadly?

They made like 3-4 movies about it, and we got to goto the theater to see Dustin Hoffman make a terrible movie and we lamented how we wasted 10$?

It's a damn shame we can't watch a movie about this fiasco cuz we're acutally living in it.  150k dead americans, most infections in the world on total and per capita basis.

oh and amongst more downward records broken, the US has now printed the worst GDP growth in the  history of the US.  Like all time low like blew away the previous record by 300%, we're talking including the great depression.  I mean, I thought living through the financial crisis, or the dot com bust or the Ebola scare, or the SARS/MERS scare or 9/11 was bad.

-32.9%, man the rest of the world must be doing the same.  Oh wait, nope, the US takes the lead on that one too by almost 2x worst than the next developed country.   No other first world country in the world has seen as much incompetence.  

The Dump loves being number one. We are first in deaths by a wide margin which in impressive since we are only 4% of the population.  Our economy had the largest collapse ever, so the Dump must be proud. But the Dumps pride shouldn’t be just as an American, our economic collapse leads the world by a wide margin of all the G-7 members and that +3% in China must be shameful compared to the Dump and his plan. 

I am so damn tired of winning. 

@The Old Man posted:

I'm afraid it falls to me to point out that this is a very sexist statement.

Obviously, the preferred term is "sex worker", but I don't think the word "prostitute" is inherently sexist.  

But I do think the suggestion that no woman who has ever married a man exclusively for money (in 2020 USD) wound up with more than Melania did vastly overestimates Trump's net worth.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.