Skip to main content

@billhike posted:

I just watched some of that fuckwit Betsy Devos’ morning press interviews. I’m good with not having kids more than I was before. 

She is perfect for Dump and his cult. Willfully ignorant, old, rich, a science denier, zero credentials for her post and has a “ let them eat cake” attitude. 

She failed to address teacher safety, plans for backup when teachers become ill, didn’t answer the questions on how to handle 25-27M children that ride the buss twice a day, how to social distance within classrooms designed as they are where it simply isn’t possible and had a deer in the headlights look as to what is proper protocol if not that of the CDC. 

She and the orange dump wanting a one size fits all solution is beyond ignorant, but that is what one should expect from two blatantly ignorant people. One is a conman and the other part of a pyramid scheme business. Peas in a pod! 

@wine+art posted:

She is perfect for Dump and his cult. Willfully ignorant, old, rich, a science denier, zero credentials for her post and has a “ let them eat cake” attitude. 

She failed to address teacher safety, plans for backup when teachers become ill, didn’t answer the questions on how to handle 25-27M children that ride the buss twice a day, how to social distance within classrooms designed as they are where it simply isn’t possible and had a deer in the headlights look as to what is proper protocol if not that of the CDC. 

She and the orange dump wanting a one size fits all solution is beyond ignorant, but that is what one should expect from two blatantly ignorant people. One is a conman and the other part of a pyramid scheme business. Peas in a pod! 

As long as Trump and his disciples continue to deny the reality of the virus and its effects, he will continue to lose support. The polls are remarkably consistently showing him fading nationally and in swing states as well as Texas and Georgia and Ohio. 

On the other hand, his people will cross any line of decency or legality to get him re-elected so a late surprise is always possible. 

I'm so sick of the small group of Jews who are Trump supporters and deny that besides being a bigot and a racist, he's also anti-Semitic. Some of them will try the old "Well his daughter married a Jew." Your son-in-law being a Jew doesn't automatically inoculate you from this form of bigotry. So there's no surprise from the Mary Trump interview tonight:

'President Donald Trump's niece said she has heard her uncle use racial and anti-Semitic slurs.

"Oh, yeah, of course I did," Mary Trump said in an interview airing Thursday night on "The Rachel Maddow Show" on MSNBC. "And I don't think that should surprise anybody given how virulently racist he is today."

Asked specifically whether she had ever heard the president use the N-word, Trump said, "Yeah."

"And anti-Semitic slurs, specifically?" Maddow asked. "Yes," Trump answered.'

A highlight of yesterday's "news" conference. While the US burns Trump brags about light bulbs (and getting rid of the "Clean Water Act.") The sickness never ends. From CNN:

"As for the incandescent lightbulbs, which Trump apparently considers a highlight of his administration, he noted: “I brought ’em back. They have two nice qualities: They’re cheaper and they’re better. They look better, they make you look so much better. That’s important to all of us.”

Incandescent bulbs never vanished and weren’t brought back. Trump did eliminate energy efficiency standards for many common lightbulbs, but incandescent bulbs have largely been replaced by cheap, long-lasting and efficient LED bulbs. Trump, however, claimed the old-style bulbs are 'selling like hotcakes.'”

@The Old Man posted:

A highlight of yesterday's "news" conference. While the US burns Trump brags about light bulbs (and getting rid of the "Clean Water Act.") The sickness never ends. From CNN:

"As for the incandescent lightbulbs, which Trump apparently considers a highlight of his administration, he noted: “I brought ’em back. They have two nice qualities: They’re cheaper and they’re better. They look better, they make you look so much better. That’s important to all of us.”

Incandescent bulbs never vanished and weren’t brought back. Trump did eliminate energy efficiency standards for many common lightbulbs, but incandescent bulbs have largely been replaced by cheap, long-lasting and efficient LED bulbs. Trump, however, claimed the old-style bulbs are 'selling like hotcakes.'”

He's got his finger on the pulse of America....

The White House said, “ science should not stand in the way of school reopening.” 

As America leads the entire world in infections, hospitalization, ICU patients and deaths, sees 37 states moving in the wrong direction and refrigerated trucks ordered in Texas, Florida and Arizona to keep bodies, our president talks of low water pressure in his shower. 

@winetarelli posted:

RBG better hang on until Jan 21. 

Why? Mitch McConnell said , with more than a year to an election, that Obama shouldn't get his nominee even heard. Something about letting the American people make the decision. Now that we're within only a few months, or even after the election, you aren't suggesting that McConnell would be a hypocrite?

And I'll tell you this, we have to just stop counting chickens and wait this out. I feel hopeful for the first time in almost four years. However, we must remember this President and his enablers well go to any means to see him re-elected. They've already proved it more than once.

Sarcasm aside, I agree we shouldn’t count our chickens yet. This is going to tighten and Trump and his cohorts will try every nasty trick in the book. 

Obviously, the Republican party has become anti-democratic (lowercase “d”), anti-legislative norm, anti-science, unbothered by honor or consistency... enough so that it really doesn’t need to be mentioned. We can just take it as a given. 

Last edited by winetarelli

The President, who has complained about removing statues so as to remember history, has removed portraits of Pres. Clinton and Pres. George W. Bush from a prominent place in the White House.  He has replaced the portraits with those of Pres. Theodore Roosevelt and Pres. Wm. McKinley.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tru...sused-053709874.html

McKinley was big into protectionist tariffs. I sort of doubt that Trump knows this, but Trump certainly is big into those tariffs.  But, T. Roosevelt?  He was big into regulating businesses, conservation, the environment, and passed the Pure Food and Drug act, which regulated the meat industry and the drug industry.  Odd pick for Pres. Trump.

@irwin posted:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tru...sused-053709874.html

McKinley was big into protectionist tariffs. I sort of doubt that Trump knows this, but Trump certainly is big into those tariffs.  But, T. Roosevelt?  He was big into regulating businesses, conservation, the environment, and passed the Pure Food and Drug act, which regulated the meat industry and the drug industry.  Odd pick for Pres. Trump.

Trump is oblivious to details aside from those some buddy tells him on the phone or golf course that suit his purpose. But he is big on image. So Teddy being on Mt Rushmore would be more than enough reason for him to be prominently displayed. And I bet some buddy told him something about McKinley that led to his portrait moving to a place of prominence too. 

Can't wait to see what happens when it's time for Trump's portrait to be hung ....

@bman posted:

Trump is oblivious to details aside from those some buddy tells him on the phone or golf course that suit his purpose. But he is big on image. So Teddy being on Mt Rushmore would be more than enough reason for him to be prominently displayed. And I bet some buddy told him something about McKinley that led to his portrait moving to a place of prominence too. 

Can't wait to see what happens when it's time for Trump's portrait to be hung ....

I think if Biden is elected we will see him invite former president Obama to the White House for the unveiling of the latter’s portrait. 
as to President trump..... I’d like the concession on orange paint. 

Let’s turn the two debates into two polygraph test! 

Did anyone see Dump’s incoherent, uninformed and completely ill-prepared conversation with Chris Wallace? Damn, Dump shouldn’t put himself in that position!

As for his cognitive test... Mr. President, which of the animals is the elephant? 😂🤣😅.  Mr. President, starting at 100, subtract 7 each time until you get to 65. Dump, “ it’s very hard” but I aced it. I rest my case! 

@wine+art posted:

Let’s turn the two debates into two polygraph test! 

Did anyone see Dump’s incoherent, uninformed and completely ill-prepared conversation with Chris Wallace? Damn, Dump shouldn’t put himself in that position!

As for his cognitive test... Mr. President, which of the animals is the elephant? 😂🤣😅.  Mr. President, starting at 100, subtract 7 each time until you get to 65. Dump, “ it’s very hard” but I aced it. I rest my case! 

Has Wharton started his statue yet?

@billhike posted:

Has Wharton started his statue yet?

Well, his daddy paid far more than the cost of a statue to get his low IQ son in. That said, Wharton was known for their MBA which Dump couldn’t have ever passed the entrance exam.  His professor famously said, “ Trump was the dumbest GD student I ever had.” 🤣

Dump sued to have his grades protected for a very good reason! 

"We won two world wars, two world wars, beautiful world wars that were vicious and horrible, and we won them out of Fort Bragg, we won out of all of these forts that now they want to throw those names away..."

No, this is not fake news, it's a real quote from the president of the United States. Do you even think he knows when WWI took place?

@patespo1 posted:

What is happening in Portland (and soon to happen in other major cities) with unmarked and unnamed Federal military coming in and snatching people up is not only scary, but a preview of what's to come leading up to and after Nov. 3.  IMO 

I predicted this after the gassing of the peaceful protesters in Washington DC so the president could hold a bible up. It's a warm up for a possible state of martial law to stop the votes in November. This is going to be awful.

Chicago, New York, Baltimore - Nothing to worry about. All those Mayors have violent crime under control. 

I'm pretty sure no one said they do. However something about calling in secret police without identification bothers me. I guess it's just one of those American things. I think we're going to see in the next four months (and perhaps longer) who among us supports a totalitarian government and who doesn't.

Last edited by The Old Man

Chicago, New York, Baltimore - Nothing to worry about. All those Mayors have violent crime under control. 

Funny how there are zero peeps from the alt-right, NRA gunhumpers, etc. about the concepts of “tyranny of federal government” and “states’ rights” when unbadged tactical personnel refusing to ID themselves are kidnapping people off of the streets into unmarked vehicles........ 

you have any real stats to back that up?

June 2020 compared to June 2019

across the city (205 v. 89) shooting incidents

39 v 30. murders

But the nypd has made 40,000 fewer overall arrests

Gun arrests are up 1683 vs 1679 .

you're saying it's okay to use unmarked federal agents to round up american citizens over an extra 9 murders and it's somehow okay that Trump allows 141k americans to die of covid?  You need to get your head checked.

Last edited by g-man

You want statistics...

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com...omicide-rate-latest/

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/new...c-this-year/2494796/

https://news.wttw.com/2020/07/...ough-first-half-2020

Through June. Not bad if you believiese no one gets hurt in a homicide. And no shootings in July either

Meanwhile 141000 and counting dead and your economy destroyed by Trump's lies and incompetence but yeah, let's talk about a few violent protesters instead.... 

Last edited by bman

You want statistics...

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com...omicide-rate-latest/

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/new...c-this-year/2494796/

https://news.wttw.com/2020/07/...ough-first-half-2020

Through June. Not bad if you believe no one gets hurt in a homicide. And no shootings in July either

I gave you real numbers.

30 to 39 is a 30% increase.  but we're talking 9 deaths over the june time period

for year over year to date

The city has seen 528 shooting incidents and 636 shooting victims this year through June 30. This translates to a 46 percent increase in incidents and a 53 percent increase in shooting victims compared to the same time last year when the city reported 362 incidents and 415 victims.

NYC has a population of almost 9 million people.

I'll help you with the math, that's .00007 deaths of the NY population.  Don't do your own research?  Doesn't the main stream media sensationalize everything?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.