Skip to main content

@winetarelli posted:

RBG better hang on until Jan 21. 

Why? Mitch McConnell said , with more than a year to an election, that Obama shouldn't get his nominee even heard. Something about letting the American people make the decision. Now that we're within only a few months, or even after the election, you aren't suggesting that McConnell would be a hypocrite?

And I'll tell you this, we have to just stop counting chickens and wait this out. I feel hopeful for the first time in almost four years. However, we must remember this President and his enablers well go to any means to see him re-elected. They've already proved it more than once.

Sarcasm aside, I agree we shouldn’t count our chickens yet. This is going to tighten and Trump and his cohorts will try every nasty trick in the book. 

Obviously, the Republican party has become anti-democratic (lowercase “d”), anti-legislative norm, anti-science, unbothered by honor or consistency... enough so that it really doesn’t need to be mentioned. We can just take it as a given. 

Last edited by winetarelli

The President, who has complained about removing statues so as to remember history, has removed portraits of Pres. Clinton and Pres. George W. Bush from a prominent place in the White House.  He has replaced the portraits with those of Pres. Theodore Roosevelt and Pres. Wm. McKinley.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tru...sused-053709874.html

McKinley was big into protectionist tariffs. I sort of doubt that Trump knows this, but Trump certainly is big into those tariffs.  But, T. Roosevelt?  He was big into regulating businesses, conservation, the environment, and passed the Pure Food and Drug act, which regulated the meat industry and the drug industry.  Odd pick for Pres. Trump.

@irwin posted:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tru...sused-053709874.html

McKinley was big into protectionist tariffs. I sort of doubt that Trump knows this, but Trump certainly is big into those tariffs.  But, T. Roosevelt?  He was big into regulating businesses, conservation, the environment, and passed the Pure Food and Drug act, which regulated the meat industry and the drug industry.  Odd pick for Pres. Trump.

Trump is oblivious to details aside from those some buddy tells him on the phone or golf course that suit his purpose. But he is big on image. So Teddy being on Mt Rushmore would be more than enough reason for him to be prominently displayed. And I bet some buddy told him something about McKinley that led to his portrait moving to a place of prominence too. 

Can't wait to see what happens when it's time for Trump's portrait to be hung ....

@bman posted:

Trump is oblivious to details aside from those some buddy tells him on the phone or golf course that suit his purpose. But he is big on image. So Teddy being on Mt Rushmore would be more than enough reason for him to be prominently displayed. And I bet some buddy told him something about McKinley that led to his portrait moving to a place of prominence too. 

Can't wait to see what happens when it's time for Trump's portrait to be hung ....

I think if Biden is elected we will see him invite former president Obama to the White House for the unveiling of the latter’s portrait. 
as to President trump..... I’d like the concession on orange paint. 

Let’s turn the two debates into two polygraph test! 

Did anyone see Dump’s incoherent, uninformed and completely ill-prepared conversation with Chris Wallace? Damn, Dump shouldn’t put himself in that position!

As for his cognitive test... Mr. President, which of the animals is the elephant? 😂🤣😅.  Mr. President, starting at 100, subtract 7 each time until you get to 65. Dump, “ it’s very hard” but I aced it. I rest my case! 

@wine+art posted:

Let’s turn the two debates into two polygraph test! 

Did anyone see Dump’s incoherent, uninformed and completely ill-prepared conversation with Chris Wallace? Damn, Dump shouldn’t put himself in that position!

As for his cognitive test... Mr. President, which of the animals is the elephant? 😂🤣😅.  Mr. President, starting at 100, subtract 7 each time until you get to 65. Dump, “ it’s very hard” but I aced it. I rest my case! 

Has Wharton started his statue yet?

@billhike posted:

Has Wharton started his statue yet?

Well, his daddy paid far more than the cost of a statue to get his low IQ son in. That said, Wharton was known for their MBA which Dump couldn’t have ever passed the entrance exam.  His professor famously said, “ Trump was the dumbest GD student I ever had.” 🤣

Dump sued to have his grades protected for a very good reason! 

"We won two world wars, two world wars, beautiful world wars that were vicious and horrible, and we won them out of Fort Bragg, we won out of all of these forts that now they want to throw those names away..."

No, this is not fake news, it's a real quote from the president of the United States. Do you even think he knows when WWI took place?

@patespo1 posted:

What is happening in Portland (and soon to happen in other major cities) with unmarked and unnamed Federal military coming in and snatching people up is not only scary, but a preview of what's to come leading up to and after Nov. 3.  IMO 

I predicted this after the gassing of the peaceful protesters in Washington DC so the president could hold a bible up. It's a warm up for a possible state of martial law to stop the votes in November. This is going to be awful.

Chicago, New York, Baltimore - Nothing to worry about. All those Mayors have violent crime under control. 

I'm pretty sure no one said they do. However something about calling in secret police without identification bothers me. I guess it's just one of those American things. I think we're going to see in the next four months (and perhaps longer) who among us supports a totalitarian government and who doesn't.

Last edited by The Old Man

Chicago, New York, Baltimore - Nothing to worry about. All those Mayors have violent crime under control. 

Funny how there are zero peeps from the alt-right, NRA gunhumpers, etc. about the concepts of “tyranny of federal government” and “states’ rights” when unbadged tactical personnel refusing to ID themselves are kidnapping people off of the streets into unmarked vehicles........ 

you have any real stats to back that up?

June 2020 compared to June 2019

across the city (205 v. 89) shooting incidents

39 v 30. murders

But the nypd has made 40,000 fewer overall arrests

Gun arrests are up 1683 vs 1679 .

you're saying it's okay to use unmarked federal agents to round up american citizens over an extra 9 murders and it's somehow okay that Trump allows 141k americans to die of covid?  You need to get your head checked.

Last edited by g-man

You want statistics...

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com...omicide-rate-latest/

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/new...c-this-year/2494796/

https://news.wttw.com/2020/07/...ough-first-half-2020

Through June. Not bad if you believiese no one gets hurt in a homicide. And no shootings in July either

Meanwhile 141000 and counting dead and your economy destroyed by Trump's lies and incompetence but yeah, let's talk about a few violent protesters instead.... 

Last edited by bman

You want statistics...

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com...omicide-rate-latest/

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/new...c-this-year/2494796/

https://news.wttw.com/2020/07/...ough-first-half-2020

Through June. Not bad if you believe no one gets hurt in a homicide. And no shootings in July either

I gave you real numbers.

30 to 39 is a 30% increase.  but we're talking 9 deaths over the june time period

for year over year to date

The city has seen 528 shooting incidents and 636 shooting victims this year through June 30. This translates to a 46 percent increase in incidents and a 53 percent increase in shooting victims compared to the same time last year when the city reported 362 incidents and 415 victims.

NYC has a population of almost 9 million people.

I'll help you with the math, that's .00007 deaths of the NY population.  Don't do your own research?  Doesn't the main stream media sensationalize everything?

So just to make sure I understand Bman, ProSys, and TOM's positions, you believe that 52 consecutive days of rioting in Portland should continue unchecked? That the Governor and Mayor have no responsibility to the shop owners and public affected by these "protesters." At one time should it be stopped?

Apparently you did not understand what I wrote or you wouldn't be talking about my position. What you just did is a straw man argument, and I don't want to engage. But since somebody is going to have to say the obvious to you, nobody here wants them to keep "keep rioting." However I believe you are entering into totalitarian territory when you have unidentified  secret police taking people off the street. The way you put it sounds like you do support secret police as opposed to identified forces with legal authority to go in. You know,  like the American way.

Please don't ask the same question again.

Added: I would love to hear from all those Trumpublicans about states' rights.

Last edited by The Old Man

600 shooting deaths, "the federal government must step in"

32000 covid deaths, "it's up to the states to handle their problem individually"

and amongst the many strawman tropes

"We want police accountability."  vs "Oh you don't support the police"

"We want schools to have a proper plan so we can safely reopen" vs "Oh you just want to shut down the entire economy to keep me from being reelected"

Sometimes I forget I'm not reading some Chinese propaganda.  Speaking of, did anybody see the one where they rounded up a bunch of Uighurs blind folder and put them into trains and transported them elsewhere?  Chinese ambassador just said it was normal transfer of prisoners and they do the same thing in every other country.

g-man - so through June 30, and from the NYPD, the 46% increase YTD in shooting incidents and 53% in shooting victims is just a figment of their imagination? 

We literally both posted the actual numbers.  If the previous years murder rate was 1, and it goes up to 30 in a population of 9mm do you start quoting that there is an alarming 3000% increase in the murder rate?  

It is quite obvious then that you would be sensationalizing the news.

i will add that the Flu kills more New Yorkers every year.

More people also die from a motor vehicle accident in NY than being shot.  Do we get secret police to come in and start removing drivers?

Last edited by g-man

Should federal troops ever be used domestically, to enforce the law, without being asked in by the local or state government?

In 1957, President Eisenhower sent 1000 troops from the 101st airborne to Little Rock, AK, without a request from the governor or the mayor, to enforce the S.Ct's decision in Brown.  He did this to enforce the law, to protect the Black students who had entered the newly desegregated school, and to assert federal authority over state authorities who were not enforcing the law.  He also federalized the Arkansas National Guard.  Liberals applauded this use of federal force.

@irwin posted:

Should federal troops ever be used domestically, to enforce the law, without being asked in by the local or state government?

In 1957, President Eisenhower sent 1000 troops from the 101st airborne to Little Rock, AK, without a request from the governor or the mayor, to enforce the S.Ct's decision in Brown.  He did this to enforce the law, to protect the Black students who had entered the newly desegregated school, and to assert federal authority over state authorities who were not enforcing the law.  He also federalized the Arkansas National Guard.  Liberals applauded this use of federal force.

Irwin, I think there is a very clear difference in Arkansas and what Dump is doing.

If a state fails to enforce federal laws and in fact is in direct defiance of federal law is uniquely different than what we see in Chicago, NY et al. 

I think this is yet one more shell game with Dump trying to change the topic. The American people are clearly against Dump in reference to the virus as even the Fox poll shows. 

I expect to see a series of lawsuits filed this week against Dump and his fluffers. I also find it laughable Dumps cares about that is happening in Chicago yet doesn’t give a damn about the 141k dead from the virus nor that the number is predicted to double by years end. 

Last edited by wine+art

So just to make sure I understand Bman, ProSys, and TOM's positions, you believe that 52 consecutive days of rioting in Portland should continue unchecked? That the Governor and Mayor have no responsibility to the shop owners and public affected by these "protesters." At one time should it be stopped?

If you had anyone in Portland providing you firsthand reports of what life has been like there the past several weeks, you’d know that there hasn’t been anything close to “rioting” for some time.  The daily/nightly protests had started to wind down, and life was proceeding as normally as it can in the midst of a nationwide pandemic.  

There were zero calls for the National Guard or other support for the local police.  Not because the city and state leaders are enabling protesters.  Rather, because the end was drawing near for the protests, and the last thing anyone needed to do was provide any reason for protests to continue.  

Then Putin’s Bitch’s secret paramilitary force shows up, UNINVITED.  Talk about throwing a match on an evaporating pool of gasoline.  Now the protests and violence has surged, instead of dissipated.  Once again, Putin’s Bitch demonstrates he’s got zero common sense and a negative IQ.

@wine+art posted:

Irwin, I think there is a very clear difference in Arkansas and what Dump is doing.

If a state fails to enforce federal laws and in fact is in direct defiance of federal law is uniquely different than what we see in Chicago, NY et al. 

I think this is yet one more shell game with Dump trying to change the topic. The American people are clearly against Dump in reference to the virus as even the Fox poll shows. 

I expect to see a series of lawsuits filed this week against Dump and his fluffers. 

I see this as another example of Trump feeding his base while trying to persuade the diminishing urban middle that they will be at risk of violence without him. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.