"I know you are intellectually limited, but do you honestly think a man that chooses to marry into a Jewish family would have anything positive to say about a neo-Nazi?  Or someone that supported neo-Nazis?  Honestly?"

I believe Trump supports white supremacists and white nationalists, at the least it's hard for him to speak ill of them, which is just as despicable. This lack of character, and his constant attempts to pit white America against Black, are aspects of the bigotry and racism that you agree he has. So if you supported him, which now I guess you say you don't (which frankly I don't understand. I thought you were in the NC and TT mode of Trump can do no wrong, so I don't understand why you tried baiting me--I should have the "stones "-- to call you a racist. As I said I don't know you and you've now answered the question I was asking) then the answer to your question above would be possibly. Marrying a Jew does not magically inoculate someone from being an anti-Semite (no Bill, I'm not calling him an anti-Semite! I'm just making the point.) HP Lovecraft, whose stories are going to be dramatized on HBO, was a virulent racist and anti-Semite whose wife was Jewish (yes Bill, I'm still going to watch it.)

You talk about ad hominem attacks, and yes I did call you a junior psychiatrist when you were playing, well--junior psychiatrist. However there are ten such personals attacks alone in just your one most recent post. Talk about your pot and your respective kettle.

I'm sorry you cannot vote, but I'm I am glad to be one of the vast majority of Jews, and the vast majority of Americans, who see right through this fraud, charlatan and dangerous menace to our democracy.

You may finish out this discussion out with more ad hominem attacks since that appears to be all you have. 

Last edited by The Old Man

"The president does read and he also consumes intelligence verbally ." 

"Nothing hammers home the WH talking point that Joe Biden is old and confused quite like insisting that their guy knows how to read."

"The only way Trump would consume intelligence is if his staff told him it was Häagen-Dazs."

Last edited by The Old Man

The ever lying POS in the Oval Office just said he thinks he looks good in a mask. Said he looks like the Lone Ranger. Why am I not surprised the fool is wearing his mask like sunglasses, just like the Lone Ranger? 🤣😂😅

Last edited by wine+art
@csm posted:

TOM your quote proved nothing.   Other than you lack the intellectual capacity to focus for 4-5 paragraphs and reach your own conclusions. You simply parrot back the conclusions of some people that have a shorter attention span than you.  

I’m not going to parse the Charlottesville speech.  Anyone that wants to can look at it and reach their own conclusions and I suspect they will reach the same ones I did. The one sentence needs context to be considered properly. You lack the attention span to spend 3 minutesreaching your own conclusions. I never said the neo-nazis POSs that were there were fine people.  Nor did the president.  My entire extended family is Jewish.  I know you are intellectually limited, but do you honestly think a man that chooses to marry into a Jewish family would have anything positive to say about a neo-Nazi?  Or someone that supported neo-Nazis?  Honestly?  

As for Trump, now that you have grown the stones to ask, I don’t know the man, but I think there is overwhelming evidence thar he is bigoted, prejudiced and racist.  If I was allowed to vote in the coming election, I wouldn’t.   Because Trump is a POS and because Biden is an old fool, well past his prime. Assuming he had one. I would hold my nose and hope for better candidates to emerge in 2024. 

I know full well what logical fallacies means. You have engaged in ad popularum, ad hominem, red herring and straw man in “debating” me.  Entirely unsuccessfully. 

You are not worth my time. You’re too stupid and too prejudiced.  

If one is a POS racist and one is an old fool, I will gladly vote for the old fool. 😎

At least the old fool can place competent people in serious positions, listen to his own intelligence community, not think COVID will just go away on its own and potentially not view everything through the lens of how it benefits oneself only,  and... 😉

Last edited by wine+art

racist old fool you mean.

yes I'd rather vote for an old fool vs a racist unintelligent old fool

speaking of, looks like he's trying to buy votes on behalf of tax paying americans.  what's another 3 trillion to our overall deficit right?  it's not like Trump bankrupted his 5 previous companies using the same strategy.

Last edited by g-man
@g-man posted:

racist old fool you mean.

yes I'd rather vote for an old fool vs a racist unintelligent old fool

speaking of, looks like he's trying to buy votes on behalf of tax paying americans.  what's another 3 trillion to our overall deficit right?  it's not like Trump bankrupted his 5 previous companies using the same strategy.

You forgot to mention that all stockholders and bondholders other than DJT were totally and royally scr***d

Wish the orange man would wear a mask.  Tightly over mouth so we don't have to hear his lies.  Then wear hockey gloves so he can't Twitter.    The only way to present data to him is in a cartoon, aimed at a 3 year old intellect.  Then vote him out in November

@purplehaze posted:

Most people have a trace of racism in them.  Except little children.  They haven't been taught yet.  

PH

I feel like you night be conflating prejudice from racism.  I am prejudiced and will stereotype.  I wouldnt say i feel like the asian race is superior to any other race.

@g-man posted:

I feel like you night be conflating prejudice from racism.  I am prejudiced and will stereotype.  I wouldnt say i feel like the asian race is superior to any other race.

Although prejudice can be a symptom of racism, I understand your point.  That said, I still believe that many people harbor racist beliefs.  Maybe not as virulent as "my race is better than yours," but still insidious.

PH

Nice to see the Dump heading to Florida tomorrow to help and encourage the mayors, healthcare leaders and frontline workers since Florida is in a tailspin with COVID. Testing showing 26-31% positivity rate in South Florida. 

Oops, never mind. He is going to raise money... 

It's pretty crazy that my neighboring borough of queens has a near 61% of the population that has antibodies for covid.  that said ... herd immunity.

Maryland has now had 14 days in a row with a positivity rate of under 5%.  Our relative success is perhaps attributable to Governor Hogan, a Republican, who has followed the advice of health professionals, closed things when they needed to be closed, required masks, and told the truth (an important but rare quality for a politician).  He is widely respected.  Though he is a Republican, he has an 80% approval rating among the state's Democrats. 

Last edited by irwin
@irwin posted:

Maryland has now had 14 days in a row with a positivity rate of under 5%.  Our relative success is perhaps attributable to Governor Hogan, a Republican, who has followed the advice of health professionals, closed things when they needed to be closed, required masks, and told the truth (an important but rare quality for a politician).  He is widely respected.  Though he is a Republican, he has an 80% approval rating among the state's Democrats. 

Saw your governor on TV today. 

My county is now at 26%, 27 straight days of increased hospitalizations. On June 18, 2000 COVID cases in hospital, now over 10,000 in hospitals and growing. 

Cases in my city have grown from 200 a day average to 1200+ per day in the last 22 days. 

@wine+art posted:

Saw your governor on TV today. 

My county is now at 26%, 27 straight days of increased hospitalizations. On June 18, 2000 COVID cases in hospital, now over 10,000 in hospitals and growing. 

Cases in my city have grown from 200 a day average to 1200+ per day in the last 22 days. 

Can't be true. Trump and Pence say the virus is under control. 

@g-man posted:

It's pretty crazy that my neighboring borough of queens has a near 61% of the population that has antibodies for covid.  that said ... herd immunity.

G, we all need to hope these antibodies ‘ last.’ Starting to hear they may not, some people now with their second infection. Did you see Tom Hanks address this on TV this week? I didn’t but saw a replay. He said his antibodies are far less than they were a month ago. 

Also, I have a neighbor that is part of the aggressive research for a vaccine. She thinks we may have one in 2021 that is more in line as to our yearly flu vaccine... meaning somewhat helpful, more so in some years than other years. She hopes she is wrong, but not convinced it will be what we and the world need.

Anything will help. 

@bman posted:

Can't be true. Trump and Pence say the virus is under control. 

Trump is clinically ill. No debate. He is pathological.  As for his fluffer, I don’t understand why he is doing this to himself. 

I loved how the CDC said, NO, we stand by our recommendations. 

One of three Americans live in California, Arizona, Texas and Florida. Three of the four have republican governors. California, Texas and Arizona all falling back in phased restrictions which is directly against the orange POS’s delusional wishes. 

The fucker can keep his head in the sand with his fat ass sticking up all he wants, but with Texas and Arizona moving back to phase two and people in Florida knowing their idiot governor making a fool of himself daily, the truth is transparent. The Texas governor has requested military medical personnel to help with our crisis. 

Last edited by wine+art

i find it amusing when folks refer to texas and the hospitalization rates, about how through out texas there's still plenty of hospital space.  I think they kindly forget that texas is a pretty big ass state and yer not goign to be helicoptering every single covid patient to a neighboring free hospital bed when the one in your city gets overfilled.

@g-man posted:

i find it amusing when folks refer to texas and the hospitalization rates, about how through out texas there's still plenty of hospital space.  I think they kindly forget that texas is a pretty big ass state and yer not goign to be helicoptering every single covid patient to a neighboring free hospital bed when the one in your city gets overfilled.

Our governor has stopped all elective surgeries in 105 counties. To your point, some of these counties are 750 miles apart. 

@Rothko posted:

We are living though times that will be written about for decades.

Assuming our sometimes moronic species lasts for decades. I’ve never been more glad to not have children than this year.

Our neighborhood restaurant where we thought safe, has closed for a week to deep clean, and test all employees.   They say it was voluntary, however, most deep cleaning only takes a day or so.

We were there Tuesday.  Really worried about it now.

Last edited by flwino
@billhike posted:

Assuming our sometimes moronic species lasts for decades. I’ve never been more glad to not have children than this year.

These are dark days; but the fact is that humanity, as a whole, is doing fine.  This is not an extinction level event; mankind is going to make it through Covid.  We need the next generation to keep us moving forward.  My kids are frankly doing much better with all of this than I am, I think.

@flwino posted:

Our neighborhood restaurant where we thought safe, has closed for a week to deep clean, and test all employees.   They say it was voluntary, however, most deep cleaning only takes a day or so.

We were there Tuesday.  Really worried about it now.

I hate to ask this, but what are you doing going to eat in a restaurant in Palm Beach County right now?   We are part of the epicenter.  I haven't eaten in a restaurant since mid-March, and I sure as heck wouldn't go now. 

@billhike posted:

Funny how perspectives can vary.  I'm glad to have my 30 something kids in the mix.  They're pretty smart, and I trust them.

PH

@purplehaze posted:

Funny how perspectives can vary.  I'm glad to have my 30 something kids in the mix.  They're pretty smart, and I trust them.

PH

+1.. someone has to fix what old white men have broken!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.