Skip to main content

robsutherland posted:

So you're complaining about the fact that in the middle of winter he doesn't want the heat on high?!?

Some people like cozy warm rooms, some like cool rooms. If that's your basis on electability you're a strange cat.  

How can everyone miss the basic point.  I don't care what temperature he keeps his room at (90 or 40).  The Climate Change warriors are the ones who deem Air Con bad for the environment and either want to do away with it or regulate what you can set it to....and here is the key part (Except when it comes to them).  Pure Hypocrisy.  Since he is all for the Green New Deal.  

napacat posted:
robsutherland posted:

So you're complaining about the fact that in the middle of winter he doesn't want the heat on high?!?

Some people like cozy warm rooms, some like cool rooms. If that's your basis on electability you're a strange cat.  

How can everyone miss the basic point.  I don't care what temperature he keeps his room at (90 or 40).  The Climate Change warriors are the ones who deem Air Con bad for the environment and either want to do away with it or regulate what you can set it to....and here is the key part (Except when it comes to them).  Pure Hypocrisy.  Since he is all for the Green New Deal.  

Please offer, from a reputable source, a list experts who want to do away with air conditioning. Ideally with a link to the source. I'm sure you're not just making things up like your hero does many times a day. 

FWIW:  The A/C issue has nothing to do with modern A/C and is simply about electricity usage.  Napa is complaining that Bernie uses electricity to stay comfortable missing the main point that electricity itself has tremendous or zero carbon footprint depending upon how it is generated.  We're trying to get zero carbon (or reduced carbon) footprint energy (electricity). And, FWIW, the carbon footprint of keeping a room at 60 degrees in Feb / March is unlikely to be different from keeping it at 72 depending where in the country you are.

bman posted:
napacat posted:
robsutherland posted:

Please offer, from a reputable source, a list experts who want to do away with air conditioning. Ideally with a link to the source. I'm sure you're not just making things up like your hero does many times a day. 

It amazes me that people still try and get an intelligent response or reference to any facts from the gibbering mook. You must have retired guy time. 

billhike posted:
bman posted:
napacat posted:
robsutherland posted:

It amazes me that people still try and get an intelligent response or reference to any facts from the gibbering mook. You must have retired guy time. 

I do, actually, being a retired guy!  But accountability is important so whoever it may be, if he has a source let's see it. After all, some here may still take him seriously. 

The post was a relatively simple post about hypocrisy.  You can google for yourself the myriad of stories related to Air-con and global warming.  

You folks are a large group of  inhospitable forumites sitting behind your computers ready to pounce on folks.  No wonder there is no influx of any new people to make it interesting.  

Not much left to read but pitiful topics (what's for dinner...what's for lunch) with ridiculous responses.  What is one to do when a reply is "grilled sausage and peppers" or "Taters".  

Christ...there are people with different views than yours...how about engaging them and finding out why without personal attacks (I'm guilty of as well).  And with the people on here, I am sure some incredibly interesting stories in their life...none of that takes place here. 

napacat posted:

The post was a relatively simple post about hypocrisy.  You can google for yourself the myriad of stories related to Air-con and global warming.  

You folks are a large group of  inhospitable forumites sitting behind your computers ready to pounce on folks.  No wonder there is no influx of any new people to make it interesting.  

Not much left to read but pitiful topics (what's for dinner...what's for lunch) with ridiculous responses.  What is one to do when a reply is "grilled sausage and peppers" or "Taters".  

Christ...there are people with different views than yours...how about engaging them and finding out why without personal attacks (I'm guilty of as well).  And with the people on here, I am sure some incredibly interesting stories in their life...none of that takes place here. 

So you just made up the thing about air conditioning. Not at all surprised. You initiate a conversation, tell a lie in an effort to prove your point, and when you are asked to substantiate it you curl up in a fetal position and plead for understanding. If this place is so horrible and unfair to you feel free to leave. 

bman posted:
napacat posted:

So you just made up the thing about air conditioning. Not at all surprised. You initiate a conversation, tell a lie in an effort to prove your point, and when you are asked to substantiate it you curl up in a fetal position and plead for understanding. If this place is so horrible and unfair to you feel free to leave. 

Nothing was made up...google it.  Plenty of stories.  It really is a simple premise....a champion for Global Warming / Climate change, whatever else you want to call it, loves to keep the AC in a hotel room at 60.  That's just hypocrisy. That is just the opposite of what he should be doing, if he believes in the man-made aspect of global warming.

How do you not see that?  Not curling up in any fetal position.  I am happy to debate the general nonsense liberals preach any day.    Including this mass hysteria to the corona virus.  

You understand that if the outside temp is lower than 60f then the air conditioning is not on right? In fact using less heating reduces CO2 emissions. 

Doing the math, a 4 tonne chiller (more than big enough to cool a large ballroom) cooling a room to 60f when it's 80f outside uses about 1kwh per day. If it's natural gas sourced electricity then that equates to just under 1lbs of CO2 per day for the AC. 

On the other hand a 747 like Air Force One creates 53lbs of CO2 PER MILE. How many golf trips has trump used Air Force One for? 

robsutherland posted:

You understand that if the outside temp is lower than 60f then the air conditioning is not on right? In fact using less heating reduces CO2 emissions. 

Doing the math, a 4 tonne chiller (more than big enough to cool a large ballroom) cooling a room to 60f when it's 80f outside uses about 1kwh per day. If it's natural gas sourced electricity then that equates to just under 1lbs of CO2 per day for the AC. 

On the other hand a 747 like Air Force One creates 53lbs of CO2 PER MILE. How many golf trips has trump used Air Force One for? 

Just wow!  I don’t think he said he likes it at 60 only in the winter months.  What’s wrong with you people.  Drink more wine or something.  

billhike posted:

Does mass hysteria include your boy declaring it a national emergency?

“Your Boy”...he is President of the United States.  And likely will be for another 4.   National Emergency gives him a bit more freedom of not having to deal with house Dems...which is a great thing.   They are such losers trying to add abortion language into the Coronavirus bill.  SAD

You really are a special kind of troll ain't ya. 

Even assuming that he spends 100 days in 90 degree weather, and the rest at 80 degrees he'd be on the hook for about 850 lbs of CO2. And that's in totality, not just the difference between 60f and 72f.

850lbs of CO2

A 747 flying one way from DC to Palm Beach creates 43,400lbs of CO2. That doesn't include the return, the carpools, Trump's AC, the electricity for his golf carts, or anything else.

43,400lbs of CO2. 

By my calculations a weekend of trump golfing is equal 100 years or so of Sanders' AC usage in terms of greenhouse gas. 

If you bring up air conditioning again you're a moron. 

Last edited by robsutherland
robsutherland posted:

Even assuming that he spends 100 days in 90 degree weather, and the rest at 80 degrees he'd be on the hook for about 850 lbs of CO2. And that's in totality, not just the difference between 60f and 72f.

850lbs of CO2

A 747 flying one way from DC to Palm Beach creates 43,400lbs of CO2. That doesn't include the return, the carpools, Trump's AC, the electricity for his golf carts, or anything else.

43,400lbs of CO2. 

By my calculations a weekend of trump golfing is equal 100 years or so of Sanders' AC usage in terms of greenhouse gas. 

Well said.

Nevertheless, I’m sure some of that passion in your post is related to the results of the DRC lcbo lottery this year.

robsutherland posted:

Yep, but you can't really blame him, tho', look at all the attention he gets here.  My guess is just about anyone in his life ignores him, discounts his opinions, cheated on him repeatedly, or he has some other deeply ingrained scar of being ignored as a baby, a young man, or feels a lack of respect as the boy-child he has become.  The attention is something he revels in and fulfills a basic need he doesn't find in any other place.    More bluntly, he's a fucking moron. 

However, its not amusing that there are millions like him who cannot identify ineptitude and stupidity on such a glaringly obvious level, and would back such a self serving ignorant fool again for reelection as president of our United States.  George Carlin said it best....think of how stupid the average person is, and half the people are stupider than that.

jabe11 posted:
robsutherland posted:

Yep, but you can't really blame him, tho', look at all the attention he gets here.  My guess is just about anyone in his life ignores him, discounts his opinions, cheated on him repeatedly, or he has some other deeply ingrained scar of being ignored as a baby, a young man, or feels a lack of respect as the boy-child he has become.  The attention is something he revels in and fulfills a basic need he doesn't find in any other place.    More bluntly, he's a fucking moron. 

However, its not amusing that there are millions like him who cannot identify ineptitude and stupidity on such a glaringly obvious level, and would back such a self serving ignorant fool again for reelection as president of our United States.  George Carlin said it best....think of how stupid the average person is, and half the people are stupider than that.

Ironically, almost everything you say also applies to his hero, The Orange Menace. 

mimik posted:
robsutherland posted:

850lbs of CO2

43,400lbs of CO2. 

Well said.

Nevertheless, I’m sure some of that passion in your post is related to the results of the DRC lcbo lottery this year.

Undoubtedly. Also because I'm "working from home" for the indefinite future so have time on my hands. Corona may be good for the health of this forum! 

robsutherland posted:

850lbs of CO2

43,400lbs of CO2. 

It was not a question of who creates more CO2...but continue to find a way to justify the hypocrisy...carry on

Another mean article from the mainstream NY Times daring to quote the presidents own words. What a low blow:

Trump Now Claims He Always Knew the Coronavirus Would Be a Pandemic: The president tried to rewrite his history with advising Americans about the coronavirus. His own words prove him wrong.

And you know for his supporters, which really are starting to resemble a cult, it makes absolutely no difference.

Last edited by The Old Man

I hope that companies look seriously at whether they do any business with China.  The government has shown that they cannot be trusted at all and past history has shown that Chinese companies will steal our technology.  China is not a true business partner to the world and should be isolated from the world.  To think that we are dependant on China for manufacturing necessary pharmaceuticals is scary.

thistlintom posted:

I hope that companies look seriously at whether they do any business with China.  The government has shown that they cannot be trusted at all and past history has shown that Chinese companies will steal our technology.  China is not a true business partner to the world and should be isolated from the world.  To think that we are dependant on China for manufacturing necessary pharmaceuticals is scary.

I support engagement with China, but with a somewhat adversarial stance.  Problem is, the way really to have the type of impact you are hoping for, Tom, is to engage in robust free and fair trade with the rest of the world.  Someone is going to be leading the world -- us or China -- through trade.  If we want it to be us, we need to eliminate all these new tariffs on our allies immediately, and look to further expand our trade and supply chains -- especially with SE Asia.

winetarelli posted:

I support engagement with China, but with a somewhat adversarial stance.  Problem is, the way really to have the type of impact you are hoping for, Tom, is to engage in robust free and fair trade with the rest of the world.  Someone is going to be leading the world -- us or China -- through trade.  If we want it to be us, we need to eliminate all these new tariffs on our allies immediately, and look to further expand our trade and supply chains -- especially with SE Asia.

I agree, we should change our stance on trade with other countries, especially during this pandemic.  

thistlintom posted:
winetarelli posted:

I agree, we should change our stance on trade with other countries, especially during this pandemic.  

All while we owe China over one trillion dollars... 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.