PH is 100% right. It's not about what might or might not happen. It's doing the right thing. As always we need to use the "what if Obama had done that?" and apply it here. What if he had blackmailed a country into giving him ammunition for his reelection? You don't think what used to be the Republican party wouldn't have impeached him? You don't think they'd be screaming and jumping up and down?

billhike posted:
purplehaze posted:

And now, to lighten the mood, I give you this gem:

To to Google Maps and enter: Legacy Park, Brambleton, Virginia.

You're welcome.

PH

I’m missing or not getting it.

Just a park?    What are we supposed to see, or waste our time?

doubled posted:

Conundrum:

Part of me wants to see the Orange Clown get routed in the next election.  A different part of me don't want to see Pence be the next President.

I could handle 16 months of that in exchange for getting rid of the orange shitstain. Added bonus would be if the puppet then decided to run next year. I’d enjoy watching him get owned in debates.

flwino posted:
billhike posted:
purplehaze posted:

You're welcome.

PH

One rarely sees a park with such clearly defined borders.  It reminds me of a penal colony that I once visited.

Perhaps the park shape would be more recognizable if they were to erect something there.

seaquam posted:
flwino posted:
billhike posted:
purplehaze posted:

You're welcome.

PH

One rarely sees a park with such clearly defined borders.  It reminds me of a penal colony that I once visited.

Perhaps the park shape would be more recognizable if they were to erect something there.

M... as usual... brilliant!  Rothko... sex isn't dirty!  Jc, I respect my father's advice on giving toasts.  FLwino,  Billhike and TOM, you need to get laid more often.  

PH

The Old Man posted:
bomba503 posted:

To all who celebrate! Happy Wine & Food Expert day! Positively!!

Wasn't that person a man pretending to be a woman who mocked the #metoo movement by saying s/he knew how to protect her double D's 40s from sexual abusers? Such a pig.

So does that mean you won't be among the celebrants....festively? 

DebraHaskins posted:

What is the weather like today?

It's hot! Damn hot! Real hot! Hottest things is my shorts. I could cook things in it. A little crotch pot cooking... Were you born on the sun? It's damn hot! It's so damn hot, I saw little guys, their orange robes burst into flames. It's that hot! Do you know what I'm talking about?

What do you think it's going to be like tonight?

It's gonna be hot and wet! That's nice if you're with a lady, but ain't no good if you're in the jungle! 

flwino posted:
billhike posted:
purplehaze posted:

You're welcome.

PH

Brilliant PH. Guys zoom out a bit on google mapz once you locate the park.

if you still don’t get it, you probably haven’t seen one before. 

-)

mimik posted:
flwino posted:
billhike posted:
purplehaze posted:

You're welcome.

PH

Brilliant PH. Guys zoom out a bit on google mapz once you locate the park.

if you still don’t get it, you probably haven’t seen one before. 

-)

The orange haired guy gave me a sharpie.  He marked it for me.  Says his is bigger than the park

purplehaze posted:

You're welcome.

PH

Not sure to be proud or ashamed that I immediately got it.

Meanwhile, remind me never to shop at Brambleton Farmers Market.  Too warm and sticky for me!

It's bad enough, but what's with the ellipses in the "memo"? And add this fact, that Billy Barr declined to open a criminal probe into whether Trump broke campaign law in Ukraine call after the IG referred the complaint. Sure helps to have your personal lawyer as the head of the DOJ.

And how sad is the sucking up that the Ukraine president does to our sicko president?

I can hear our Trumpanzies now, "But...but...Hillary."

winetarelli posted:

Nightmare scenario:

Dems impeach -> R’s do not convict -> Biden water is muddied enough to cause Warren to be the nominee -> she continues to promise to take away 150 million people’s private health insurance -> Trump wins re-election and is now untouchable. 

My fear too, that this leads to Trump's re-election. 

bman posted:
winetarelli posted:

Nightmare scenario:

Dems impeach -> R’s do not convict -> Biden water is muddied enough to cause Warren to be the nominee -> she continues to promise to take away 150 million people’s private health insurance -> Trump wins re-election and is now untouchable. 

My fear too, that this leads to Trump's re-election. 

It may indeed, but tough shit. He definitely won't be removed, but to not act while our Constitution and laws are being stepped on daily is no longer tenable. This is about doing the right thing, not about the next presidential election. A statement has to be made in the record book of history that a stand was made that no one is above the law in the US. I didn't want impeachment; it's going to be a horrible mess. But this shakedown of a foreign leader is too much. Peloisi was right in holding off impeachment as long as she could, but some things just can't stand.

Bill Clinton's record will always be that he was one the few presidents to be impeached. His crime was committing perjury during an investigation about his deplorable sex life. If things go right for our country (which frankly I'm not counting on), Trump's impeachment will be about him committing traitorous acts for the purpose of helping himself get reelected.

It will be an unsuccessful endeavor, if success is measured by conviction.    Our foreign policy should not be for sale like this President handles things.

Look at it from the perspective of the leaders of Ukraine.  We really need military aid. We need equipment. We can certainly promise an inquiry into the Biden business stuff in exchange for this.

No quid pro quo? Yeah right. 

I'm nervous about this as well, but there really wasn't a way for House leadership to let this go unaddressed.  Conviction in the Senate was never considered as a realistic possibility, and still isn't.  The Dems need to keep this impeachment inquiry very narrowly focused on the Ukraine matter and any additional malfeasance that may arise from the whistleblower.  I sense that there is more surrounding the Ukraine matter that has yet to be unearthed.  Should be an interesting few days/weeks to come.

PH

I saw that the President of Ukraine is a comedian by profession.  We have an "entertainer"/real estate mogul.

All these people run for office and say, "I'm not a politician."  Well, would you go to get heart surgery from someone who said, "I'm not a cardiac surgeon."

I have an idea. Maybe we should elect competent people to office. 

irwin posted:

It will be an unsuccessful endeavor, if success is measured by conviction.    Our foreign policy should not be for sale like this President handles things.

Look at it from the perspective of the leaders of Ukraine.  We really need military aid. We need equipment. We can certainly promise an inquiry into the Biden business stuff in exchange for this.

No quid pro quo? Yeah right. 

The Germans won't help you

The French won't help you.

We do!

BTW can I get a favor.  Yep quid Pro Quo.  Open and shut case

irwin posted:

I saw that the President of Ukraine is a comedian by profession.  We have an "entertainer"/real estate mogul.

All these people run for office and say, "I'm not a politician."  Well, would you go to get heart surgery from someone who said, "I'm not a cardiac surgeon."

I have an idea. Maybe we should elect competent people to office. 

Your second point above is one I've made repeatedly for years, having worked over 30 years in government including a couple of times for politicians. Governing and politics are professions like any other. Almost no one is good at it from the beginning, there are competencies that must be developed. Doctors, lawyers and other professionals go through years of training and even then are closely monitored for a while, perhaps years.  Can't be the same for political leaders but when a neophyte is elected President or Prime Minister or whatever there is little chance it will turn out well. 

let me see if I understand something. This Mueller guy, and his staff, spent many, many tax dollars investigating Russian interference with our domestic election. The theory behind that was that we do not think it is appropriate for a foreign government to do things to interfere with our sacred elections.  For whatever reason, Mueller's folks find "no evidence of collusion" by Pres. Trump with the Russians, but they do find that, in many ways, Russia tried to interfere. Since this is bad, people are working on ways to prevent a foreign power from interfering with our elections.

Having skated by that investigation, Pres. Trump calls the comedian/President of Ukraine, and requests that Ukraine do something which would interfere with our domestic election.  Not by tampering with the voting machines, but by investigating a rival and the rival's son.

Do I have that right?

Add Reply

Likes (0)