Say Something Completely Random And Off Topic

After my experience posting wines from my phone over the weekend, it's a wonder why? 

Question from a total layman in this field? Would WS not increase revenue from increased impressions on the forums? Technically we are on the WS site and would show up in their stats to potential advertisers. 
in other words, would it not be in WS best interest to have an active and lively forum? 

mangiare posted:
seaquam posted:

sunnylea57 posted:

There's currently more life on the Wine Spectator Forumites Unite group page on Facebook.

???   What’s “Facebook”?

isn't that the stock that stopped giving? 

The market giveth and the market taketh away.

vinoevelo posted:

Although i may be one of the pallbearers...  the basic concept i've always followed w.r.t. forums is that, on an average basis, you get out of forums what you put into them.  

It's easy to be negative.  

post something good.  it will be good. 

Amen to that. Let's quit being so negative about this place. It will ensure. 

Interesting. How is that possible? A 31-day month is 4 weeks + 3 days long, which means those last three days are repeats of the first three days of the month. So if the month starts on a Saturday, there will be a fifth Sat/Sun/Mon at the end.

You would think that a 31-day month starting on a Saturday would occur more often than once every 823 years... especially considering that there are seven 31-day months in each calendar year. 

vint posted:

Some facts are better left unchecked.  

Exactly!

Why destroy the romantic joy that only illusions and falsehoods can bring into our lives?  Once every 800 or so years sounds magical and special to me, sorta like the glass of 1990 Petrus that I'm going to have tonight.

The orange felon is now quoting Geraldo Rivera for his defense!   Napa and his ilk must be so very proud.

Mueller and his team currently have 192 criminal charges against 36 people, 7 guilty pleas thus far, 3 people sentenced, one conviction in a trail and dozens of sealed indictments already filed and just yesterday Trump now tied directly to felonies. The good news, this is just the beginning for Trump and his troubles. 

Drain the swamp, hell the orange POS created his own swamp. I’m curious what the now ex- chief of staff told Mueller and his team recently? 

Looks as though people at Fox have started seeing the light in reference to the orange felon. Chris Wallace and the second most watched Fox show host Tucker Carlson are no longer drinking Trump’s pathological lies. 

Tick, tick, tick.

wineart 2 posted:

The orange felon is now quoting Geraldo Rivera for his defense!   Napa and his ilk must be so very proud.

Mueller and his team currently have 192 criminal charges against 36 people, 7 guilty pleas thus far, 3 people sentenced, one conviction in a trail and dozens of sealed indictments already filed and just yesterday Trump now tied directly to felonies. The good news, this is just the beginning for Trump and his troubles. 

Drain the swamp, hell the orange POS created his own swamp. I’m curious what the now ex- chief of staff told Mueller and his team recently? 

Looks as though people at Fox have started seeing the light in reference to the orange felon. Chris Wallace and the second most watched Fox show host Tucker Carlson are no longer drinking Trump’s pathological lies. 

Tick, tick, tick.

And the last adult in the room will now be gone by year-end.....

bman posted:
wineart 2 posted:

Tick, tick, tick.

And the last adult in the room will now be gone by year-end.....

That is indeed a sobering thought.

In hindsight it's pretty amazing just how the age of free flowing information has allowed the fake news machination to subvert almost half of this world towards fear mongering dictatorships in taking charge.

If i were going back for a PhD this would surely be an interesting topic to explore, that is if the free flow of information will inevitably lead to strongmen taking over.

irwin posted:

Getting hired now at a high level job in the Trump administration is analogous to boarding the Titanic after it hit the iceberg.  At least, let's hope so.

Interesting, indeed. My daughter has her Ph.D and is tenured. This very topic you raised is currently being discussed within her department. 

Add Reply

Likes (0)