Btw. I learned in the past few days, you can accidentally hire 9 people, accidentally fly them to a foreign country, accidentally kill someone, accidentally cut them up in various little pieces, accidentally have the consul worker say to do it outside because he might get in trouble, and accidentally fly the 9 folks home the same night.

On that note, I put my 2$ in for the mega millions, in case I get such accidental luck.

bman posted:
winetarelli posted:

Ugh. For so many different reasons. Ugh. 

So we can start trashing The Orange Menace and the Republicans again? Cool!! 

Why bother?  I'ts not gonna make a difference, the red wave is coming..  I'm not even going to bother to vote, no point.

g-man posted:
bman posted:
winetarelli posted:

Ugh. For so many different reasons. Ugh. 

So we can start trashing The Orange Menace and the Republicans again? Cool!! 

Why bother?  I'ts not gonna make a difference, the red wave is coming..  I'm not even going to bother to vote, no point.

Isn't red tide a toxic thing in seaside communities?  

robsutherland posted:

Not aimed at g-man, just had someone send it to me as a perfect retort to an irritating co-worker  

I wonder if you would comprehend this better if your parents were second cousins instead of first... 

What difference does it make

apparently some americans think that 1/1024 means you h ave 1024 chances to be native american =P

More hate and political bullshit. It’s all that’s discussed here. And you wonder why this site has declined. Let’s all pick on Naoacat and say how horrible Trump is. Those who populate this thread have no right to question the disappearance of those of who you disgust.

mikemann posted:

More hate and political bullshit. It’s all that’s discussed here. And you wonder why this site has declined. Let’s all pick on Naoacat and say how horrible Trump is. Those who populate this thread have no right to question the disappearance of those of who you disgust.

OK, those last few words were a bit confusing.  But in any case, I see this thread as welcome pressure-release valve for these forums.  We discuss lots of stuff that is unrelated to wine all over these forums and I for one like that.  It has always been difficult to avoid politics in any online discussion group so to me it makes sense to have a thread like this where those of us so inclined can vent our political views, away from the more measured discussions elsewhere.  And if anyone doesn't like it then, as is the case with TV or movies or (in my case) most hip-hop music, just ignore it and move on! 

The beaches are open again, at least in Palm Beach County.  The red tide was bad a week or two ago, when they shut down the beaches for a few days.  Lots of people were complaining about coughing and breathing issues.

I feel bad for the folks dealing with the algae problem north of us as well.

mikemann posted:

This thread is hardly random and not really off topic. It's turned into a political rant thread ripe with insults and negativity and the occasional funny post true to the title. Perhaps the WS admins could create a "Politics" or "Everything Else" section outside of the wine discussion so people can discuss and bicker about politics and current events there.

Rothko posted:

The beaches are open again, at least in Palm Beach County.  The red tide was bad a week or two ago, when they shut down the beaches for a few days.  Lots of people were complaining about coughing and breathing issues.

I feel bad for the folks dealing with the algae problem north of us as well.

Now also in Key West

winoca posted:
mikemann posted:

This thread is hardly random and not really off topic. It's turned into a political rant thread ripe with insults and negativity and the occasional funny post true to the title. Perhaps the WS admins could create a "Politics" or "Everything Else" section outside of the wine discussion so people can discuss and bicker about politics and current events there.

New topic started. We'll see if it lasts.

sunnylea57 posted:
winoca posted:
mikemann posted:

Haha. It lasted about 5 minutes.

sunnylea57 posted:
sunnylea57 posted:
winoca posted:
mikemann posted:

Haha. It lasted about 5 minutes.

Probably my fault.  I posted that Mattis was likely the first to go.  Someone at WS likes him, I guess?  

winoca posted:
mikemann posted:

Good idea. We can call that section ‘Madder than hell’.

mimik posted:
winoca posted:
mikemann posted:

Good idea. We can call that section ‘Madder than hell’.

That has a familiar ring to it for some reason....

g-man posted:
robsutherland posted:

Not aimed at g-man, just had someone send it to me as a perfect retort to an irritating co-worker  

I wonder if you would comprehend this better if your parents were second cousins instead of first... 

What difference does it make

apparently some americans think that 1/1024 means you h ave 1024 chances to be native american =P

.009 makes you Native American.  Only a moron what put that out there as proof of her claim.

Bye Pocahontas!!

I admit I have been out of the country for a number of weeks. Did I miss Trump bragging about the stock market being down for the YEAR ? 

Looks like Trump’s cult has discovered how to make pipe bombs. So, what presidential move does the orange dump do; go to a cult rally and attack the media. BRILLIANT! 

wineart 2 posted:

I admit I have been out of the country for a number of weeks. Did I miss Trump bragging about the stock market being down for the YEAR ? 

Looks like Trump’s cult has discovered how to make pipe bombs. So, what presidential move does the orange dump do; go to a cult rally and attack the media. BRILLIANT! 

Mind boggling.

irwin posted:
I don’t favor murder, and I don’t approve of the murder of this fellow in the embassy in Turkey.  But, it’s a bit ironic, as Turkey seems to be one of the leading
countries for jailing and punishing journalists.

Absolutely right. Turkey is a pretty bad ally in the region. I think it’s more about challenging Saudi Arabia’s influence in that region more so then human rights. But in Turkeys defence, I don’t think they would go to this brutal extreme.

Add Reply

Likes (0)