SAQ Alert?

Not a price alert but SAQ related. I just finished flipping through the Autumn 2012 'Cellier' SAQ magazine and I am impressed. Great content for a 'free' mag. Some interesting articles and recipes along with their listing of new releases. A decent effort and puts LCBO release mag to shame (although I do realize the LCBO pumps out a mag every 2 weeks). Any Ontarians not signed up should do so. The mag is worth reading and you get a heads up on their special releases.
When I am home in Ottawa I can just drive across the river and buy them if they are in the stores in Gatineau, but in fact I am buying only older port vintages now because my current stock of younger bottles will last me the rest of my life - barring any innovations in longevity, of course.

Sadly, older bottles, by which I mean 1985 or older, even at crappy prices, are rarer than bargains anywhere in Canada.
quote:
Originally posted by bman:
When I am home in Ottawa I can just drive across the river and buy them if they are in the stores in Gatineau, but in fact I am buying only older port vintages now because my current stock of younger bottles will last me the rest of my life - barring any innovations in longevity, of course.

Sadly, older bottles, by which I mean 1985 or older, even at crappy prices, are rarer than bargains anywhere in Canada.

I know being a wine enthusiast is FAR more complicated in Canada than here in America.

I love competition. Wink
  • 2006 Poggio Verrano Dròmos - Italy, Tuscany, Maremma, Maremma Toscana IGT (12/23/2012)
    Decanted for one hour. Nose of sweet fruits and vanilla spice. Great full bodied mouth with medium acidity, smooth tannins and a long finish. Balanced and great now. A new Beauty from Bolgheri. Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Alicante, Sangiovese and Cabernet Franc. I found this wine at the SAQ for $33! (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker
quote:
Originally posted by Uncle John:
  • 2006 Poggio Verrano Dròmos - Italy, Tuscany, Maremma, Maremma Toscana IGT (12/23/2012)
    Decanted for one hour. Nose of sweet fruits and vanilla spice. Great full bodied mouth with medium acidity, smooth tannins and a long finish. Balanced and great now. A new Beauty from Bolgheri. Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Alicante, Sangiovese and Cabernet Franc. I found this wine at the SAQ for $33! (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Had this wine last summer and it was very good !

dzitt

Add Reply

Likes (0)