quote:
Originally posted by mneeley490:
quote:
Originally posted by FL Wino:
The curtain is coming down on the most celebrated circus in the US, the "Greatest Show on Earth", run by Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey.

After 146 years in the business, the owners said declining tickets sales and high operating costs were to blame.

Enjoyed the shows. A bit Hokey but fun

Well, now Donald Trump has a larger pool to choose from for his cabinet.


Classic, mneely, I laughed out loud at this.
quote:
Originally posted by bomba503:
Dick Gautier - great comedic character actor popped up in many childhood favorites


Sorry to hear of his death, but a great comedic actor? Not in my estimation.
Agreed but did not say he was great comedic actor. I said comedic "character" actor. Guess you missed that detail.
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
quote:
Originally posted by bomba503:
Dick Gautier - great comedic character actor popped up in many childhood favorites


Sorry to hear of his death, but a great comedic actor? Not in my estimation.


Not many people could have pulled off his epic role as Hymie The Robot on Get Smart!
quote:
Originally posted by bomba503:
Agreed but did not say he was great comedic actor. I said comedic "character" actor. Guess you missed that detail.


No matter what type of actor you call him, "great" is far from my opinion. Poor to mediocre would be my estimation. You're much more easily pleased than I am. Calling him a great comedic actor is a disservice to those that are.
quote:
Originally posted by Jcocktosten:
quote:
Dick Gautier


Did he ever appear on Star Trek?


In addition to Get Smart he had his only staring TV role in the short lived Mel Brooks series When Things were Rotten (a spoof on Robin Hood I actually remember. Also assorted bit parts on Bewitched, Alice, Fantasy Island, Knight Rider, Quincy, Trapper John MD, Happy Days, Charlie's Angels, Love Boat, Night Stalker, Marcus welby, Rockford Files, Mary Tyler Moore, Banacek (loved that show), Love American Style, Flying Nun and Gidget among others but no Star Trek. He was also a very talented and in demand voice over actor for many cartoons, an author, game show regular and stand up comedian. Last but not least his other signature role was in the Tony nominated Bye, Bye Birdie (a favorite of my mother's) as the star Conrad Birdie.
quote:
Originally posted by bomba503:
quote:
Originally posted by Jcocktosten:
quote:
Dick Gautier


Did he ever appear on Star Trek?


In addition to Get Smart he had his only staring TV role in the short lived Mel Brooks series When Things were Rotten (a spoof on Robin Hood I actually remember. Also assorted bit parts on Bewitched, Alice, Fantasy Island, Knight Rider, Quincy, Trapper John MD, Happy Days, Charlie's Angels, Love Boat, Night Stalker, Marcus welby, Rockford Files, Mary Tyler Moore, Banacek (loved that show), Love American Style, Flying Nun and Gidget among others but no Star Trek. He was also a very talented and in demand voice over actor for many cartoons, an author, game show regular and stand up comedian. Last but not least his other signature role was in the Tony nominated Bye, Bye Birdie (a favorite of my mother's) as the star Conrad Birdie.


It was a joke - I thought it might explain Board-O's reaction Big Grin knowing how much he loves all things Star Trek
RIP Miguel Ferrer, who died at the age of 61. Of all his accomplishments I will remember him for playing the character of Lloyd Henreid in the mini-series version of Stephen King's The Stand.
quote:
Originally posted by Jcocktosten:
quote:
Originally posted by bomba503:
quote:
Originally posted by Jcocktosten:
quote:
Dick Gautier


Did he ever appear on Star Trek?


In addition to Get Smart he had his only staring TV role in the short lived Mel Brooks series When Things were Rotten (a spoof on Robin Hood I actually remember. Also assorted bit parts on Bewitched, Alice, Fantasy Island, Knight Rider, Quincy, Trapper John MD, Happy Days, Charlie's Angels, Love Boat, Night Stalker, Marcus welby, Rockford Files, Mary Tyler Moore, Banacek (loved that show), Love American Style, Flying Nun and Gidget among others but no Star Trek. He was also a very talented and in demand voice over actor for many cartoons, an author, game show regular and stand up comedian. Last but not least his other signature role was in the Tony nominated Bye, Bye Birdie (a favorite of my mother's) as the star Conrad Birdie.


It was a joke - I thought it might explain Board-O's reaction Big Grin knowing how much he loves all things Star Trek


LOL surprised I didn't catch on to that. Good one
quote:
Originally posted by Dick Tree:
RIP Miguel Ferrer, who died at the age of 61. Of all his accomplishments I will remember him for playing the character of Lloyd Henreid in the mini-series version of Stephen King's The Stand.

And his role as Albert Rosenfield in Twin Peaks.
quote:
Originally posted by sunnylea57:
quote:
Originally posted by Dick Tree:
RIP Miguel Ferrer, who died at the age of 61. Of all his accomplishments I will remember him for playing the character of Lloyd Henreid in the mini-series version of Stephen King's The Stand.

And his role as Albert Rosenfield in Twin Peaks.


Robocop - naturally - son of Jose Ferrer - also a great actor who was on virtually every show in the 70s and 80s
quote:
Originally posted by Jcocktosten:
quote:
Originally posted by sunnylea57:
quote:
Originally posted by Dick Tree:
RIP Miguel Ferrer, who died at the age of 61. Of all his accomplishments I will remember him for playing the character of Lloyd Henreid in the mini-series version of Stephen King's The Stand.

And his role as Albert Rosenfield in Twin Peaks.


Robocop - naturally - son of Jose Ferrer - also a great actor who was on virtually every show in the 70s and 80s


Apparently he was also in Star Trek III - the Search for Spock
quote:
Originally posted by Jcocktosten:
quote:
Originally posted by sunnylea57:
quote:
Originally posted by Dick Tree:
RIP Miguel Ferrer, who died at the age of 61. Of all his accomplishments I will remember him for playing the character of Lloyd Henreid in the mini-series version of Stephen King's The Stand.

And his role as Albert Rosenfield in Twin Peaks.


Robocop - naturally - son of Jose Ferrer - also a great actor who was on virtually every show in the 70s and 80s

Yep. The ultimate yuppie in Robocop. Aside from Christian Bale in American Psycho, of course.
quote:
Originally posted by Dick Tree:
RIP Miguel Ferrer, who died at the age of 61. Of all his accomplishments I will remember him for playing the character of Lloyd Henreid in the mini-series version of Stephen King's The Stand.

I loved his performance in Hot Shots: Part Deux. Smile
quote:
Originally posted by Jcocktosten:
quote:
Originally posted by Jcocktosten:
quote:
Originally posted by sunnylea57:
quote:
Originally posted by Dick Tree:
RIP Miguel Ferrer, who died at the age of 61. Of all his accomplishments I will remember him for playing the character of Lloyd Henreid in the mini-series version of Stephen King's The Stand.

And his role as Albert Rosenfield in Twin Peaks.


Robocop - naturally - son of Jose Ferrer - also a great actor who was on virtually every show in the 70s and 80s


Apparently he was also in Star Trek III - the Search for Spock


Good guy too. I bumped into him at a local bar in La Jolla when he was around for filming of the movie "Traffic". What surprised me is I imagined him as a small weaselly guy based upon his roles I had seen. In person he was solidly built and a good 6 foot
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Cancun:
Yordano Ventura, KC Royals pitcher, this morning in a car crash. He was real good, and he will definitely be missed.

RIP.

Sad to see such a young talent gone.
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
quote:
Originally posted by bomba503:
Agreed but did not say he was great comedic actor. I said comedic "character" actor. Guess you missed that detail.


No matter what type of actor you call him, "great" is far from my opinion. Poor to mediocre would be my estimation. You're much more easily pleased than I am. Calling him a great comedic actor is a disservice to those that are.


Your boorish behaviour never ceases to amaze me. A man has passed away. Offer condolences to his family... share an anecdote about the person...say nothing if you nothing nice to say.
quote:
Originally posted by Duojet:
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
quote:
Originally posted by bomba503:
Agreed but did not say he was great comedic actor. I said comedic "character" actor. Guess you missed that detail.


No matter what type of actor you call him, "great" is far from my opinion. Poor to mediocre would be my estimation. You're much more easily pleased than I am. Calling him a great comedic actor is a disservice to those that are.


Your boorish behaviour never ceases to amaze me. A man has passed away. Offer condolences to his family... share an anecdote about the person...say nothing if you nothing nice to say.


I guess you missed my initial response: "Sorry to hear of his death, but a great comedic actor? Not in my estimation." I see no reason to praise him just because he died. Please write your advice to me down on a large piece of rough cardboard and store it for me.
Do you mean the piece of cardboard you hold up on freeway off ramps that says "Will insult for a grilled rib eye and a salad"?
quote:
Originally posted by bomba503:
Do you mean the piece of cardboard you hold up on freeway off ramps that says "Will insult for a grilled rib eye and a salad"?


quote:
Originally posted by scbeerman:
Mary Tyler Moore. The Dick Van Dyke Show and then her own MTM Show.


RIP

A Great Comedic Actor.
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Sutherland:
quote:
Originally posted by scbeerman:
Mary Tyler Moore. The Dick Van Dyke Show and then her own MTM Show.


RIP

A Great Comedic Actor.


You're gonna make it after all
quote:
Originally posted by scbeerman:
Mary Tyler Moore. The Dick Van Dyke Show and then her own MTM Show.


Great comedienne. Female tense?

Loved her shows. A great talent
quote:
Originally posted by Rothko:
Butch Trucks

Drummer and co-founder of Allman Brothers Band. A nice guy, I met him a few times down here.


Bummer. Frown RIP. Rock on, Derek...

PH
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Sutherland:
quote:
Originally posted by scbeerman:
Mary Tyler Moore. The Dick Van Dyke Show and then her own MTM Show.


RIP

A Great Comedic Actor.


+1 Very sorry to hear of this.
quote:
Originally posted by FL Wino:
quote:
Originally posted by scbeerman:
Mary Tyler Moore. The Dick Van Dyke Show and then her own MTM Show.


Great comedienne. Female tense?

Loved her shows. A great talent


Another huge loss. The MTM Show was another childhood favorite with a great ensemble cast of characters backed by top notch writing. They dont make them like that anymoreFrown
quote:
Originally posted by bomba503:
quote:
Originally posted by FL Wino:
quote:
Originally posted by scbeerman:
Mary Tyler Moore. The Dick Van Dyke Show and then her own MTM Show.


Great comedienne. Female tense?

Loved her shows. A great talent


Another huge loss. The MTM Show was another childhood favorite with a great ensemble cast of characters backed by top notch writing. They dont make them like that anymoreFrown


both Dick Van Dyke and Mary Tyler Moore shows were great.
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
Mary Tyler Moore... Frown

I was SO hot for her when I was a young lad. RIP.

PH


A classy lady. I met her twice as my ex-business partner was on the JDRF board for years which she supported and served for many years.
quote:
Originally posted by Pinotlvr:
Well, our little 14 1/2 yr angel, Angel, passed over the rainbow bridge this morning.


Sorry. Please pass on my condolences to Laura

Add Reply

×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×