RIP...

quote:
Originally posted by VinT:
quote:
Originally posted by mangiare:
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Sutherland:
Ecstasy often has heroin and amphetamines mixed into the blend (it's surprisingly difficult to get pure MDNA) so it could easily have been a pill of E and a line of coke (in other words the makings of a great Thursday night).

It also goes to show you how difficult it is to ever truly shake addiction.


you continue to amaze me

+1. I sometimes wonder if Rob's wife knows how much he knows.


Do you wonder if she's even around for his Thursday night shindigs? Big Grin Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
I know I'm going to be castrated for this Big Grin but while no questions a brilliant actor, I just didn't enjoy the majority of his films.

Ducking for cover....

You're not the only one - I respect the talent but haven't enjoyed much of the output.
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
I thought he was excellent in Gangs of New York. Not much else.

That's the one film of his I couldn't stomach. Also one of the few Scorsese films I didn't like.

I loved him in The Age of Innocence, although I know very few people who liked that film.
quote:
Originally posted by sunnylea57:
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
I thought he was excellent in Gangs of New York. Not much else.

That's the one film of his I couldn't stomach. Also one of the few Scorsese films I didn't like.

I loved him in The Age of Innocence, although I know very few people who liked that film.

In the Name of the Father !! (Though Pete Postlewthwaite far surpassed him in it)

The Last of the Mohicans!!

My Left Foot

A Room with a View
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Sutherland:
Ecstasy often has heroin and amphetamines mixed into the blend (it's surprisingly difficult to get pure MDNA) so it could easily have been a pill of E and a line of coke (in other words the makings of a great Thursday night).

It also goes to show you how difficult it is to ever truly shake addiction.


Amphetamines are often in ecstasy.

I've never seen heroin (opiate) in ecstasy. I've run plenty of tox screens on patients too.

Pharmacologically speaking, ecstasy and amphetamines can mix well for the partier. Heroin...not so much..a bit of an opposite effect for the dancer crowd.

Bfw
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
Martin Landau.

Damn. Mission Impossible, Bela Lugosi, Bob Ryan on Entourage and his classic line, "Is that something I could interest you in?"...

Also loved him in Crimes and Misdemeanors and in Tucker: The Man and His Dream.
quote:
Originally posted by sunnylea57:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
Martin Landau.

Damn. Mission Impossible, Bela Lugosi, Bob Ryan on Entourage and his classic line, "Is that something I could interest you in?"...

Also loved him in Crimes and Misdemeanors and in Tucker: The Man and His Dream.


Umm, Sunny... North by Northwest!
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by sunnylea57:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
Martin Landau.

Damn. Mission Impossible, Bela Lugosi, Bob Ryan on Entourage and his classic line, "Is that something I could interest you in?"...

Also loved him in Crimes and Misdemeanors and in Tucker: The Man and His Dream.


Umm, Sunny... North by Northwest!

Oh man! Only my favourite Hitchcock film. There's a story behind NXNW and me. One that VinT might understand. It has to do with a certain Haliburton vacation lodge in the 1960s.
quote:
Originally posted by sunnylea57:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by sunnylea57:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
Martin Landau.

Damn. Mission Impossible, Bela Lugosi, Bob Ryan on Entourage and his classic line, "Is that something I could interest you in?"...

Also loved him in Crimes and Misdemeanors and in Tucker: The Man and His Dream.


Umm, Sunny... North by Northwest!

Oh man! Only my favourite Hitchcock film. There's a story behind NXNW and me. One that VinT might understand. It has to do with a certain Haliburton vacation lodge in the 1960s.


Wink One of the Top 100 films of all time!
My grandparents owned a lodge in Haliburton (cottage country north of Toronto) from 1950 until the early 1970s. Friday night was movie night. They would rent films and screen them in the main lodge for the guests. I think they were 16mm prints; I can't imagine they got 35mm copies. I just recall that the films came in multiple canisters.

The screening of NxNW circa 1964-65 is burned into my memory banks, mostly because of the impact the film had on my 7 or 8-year-old psyche – I'd never seen anything that imaginative –– but also because the film kept breaking every 15 minutes, usually right in the middle of a tense scene.
quote:
Originally posted by mdsphoto:
Loved Mating Landau had forgotten he was in Tucker, great movie. No love for Space 1999?

That's what I was thinking. Not mentioned at all in any of the articles I've read about him. Starred with his then wife, Barbara Bain. The episodes were kind of hokey, but they always acted the hell out of them as if they were written by Shakespeare. Loved the score, too.
quote:
Originally posted by CSM:
quote:
Originally posted by mangiare:
Domenico Clerico


Sad news. Not a huge fan of Barolo, but have always loved his wines.

Damn. I was just talking about him with some of the TO crew at VinT's the other week and I pulled out the photo I took with him during out visit in 2014. Spending a few hours conversing with him (with the young winemaker at Clerico translating) was one of the highlights of the trip. Domenico kept grabbing bottles and refilling everyone's glasses. A lovely man.
quote:
Originally posted by sunnylea57:
quote:
Originally posted by CSM:
quote:
Originally posted by mangiare:
Domenico Clerico


Sad news. Not a huge fan of Barolo, but have always loved his wines.

Damn. I was just talking about him with some of the TO crew at VinT's the other week and I pulled out the photo I took with him during out visit in 2014. Spending a few hours conversing with him (with the young winemaker at Clerico translating) was one of the highlights of the trip. Domenico kept grabbing bottles and refilling everyone's glasses. A lovely man.

Sad to hear of his passing.
RIP Chester Bennington, lead singer of Linkin Park. I haven't listened to much since Hybrid Theory...but man this is too soon. 41 yrs old....not too far removed from Chris Cornells's suicide we have another Frown

He was friends with Chris Cornell...and today would have been Cornell's 53rd birthday Wow
quote:
Originally posted by Pinotlvr:
RIP Chester Bennington, lead singer of Linkin Park. I haven't listened to much since Hybrid Theory...but man this is too soon. 41 yrs old....not too far removed from Chris Cornells's suicide we have another Frown

He was friends with Chris Cornell...and today would have been Cornell's 53rd birthday Wow


I saw him perform a bit over 2 years ago as the replacement singer for Scott Weiland in STP after they kicked Scott out. Wow, that makes two of their singers dead within 2 years.
quote:
Originally posted by Pinotlvr:
RIP Chester Bennington, lead singer of Linkin Park. I haven't listened to much since Hybrid Theory...but man this is too soon. 41 yrs old....not too far removed from Chris Cornells's suicide we have another Frown

He was friends with Chris Cornell...and today would have been Cornell's 53rd birthday Wow

I was pretty bummed to hear about this. I listened to a lot of their music in my 20's, and even though I got away from them with their last couple albums, their older stuff is always in my rotation. I always thought he had one of the best rock voices out there.

Add Reply

Likes (0)
×
×
×
×