I've heard of sirloin burgers...kobe burgers...but has anyone ever had a ribeye burger? Ribeyes are my favorite cut of steak because it's so flavorful and juicy so I thought about grinding it into a hamburger. Any thoughts?
Original Post
I've done it, with good success. Trim the "hard" fat, but leave as much soft marbling as you can. Use a coarse grind and pack loosely. Cook it hot and fast. Should be tasty. Post your results. I need some humor in my life lately!! Razz

PH
Your instruction is not precise enough, please specify the weight of ribeye to use, exactly ounce of hard fat to trim down to .001, lastly, packing pressure. Razz
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
I've done it, with good success. Trim the "hard" fat, but leave as much soft marbling as you can. Use a coarse grind and pack loosely. Cook it hot and fast. Should be tasty. Post your results. I need some humor in my life lately!! Razz

PH
Can I do it in a blender?
quote:
Originally posted by pyang:
Your instruction is not precise enough, please specify the weight of ribeye to use, exactly ounce of hard fat to trim down to .001, lastly, packing pressure. Razz
Don't you have some wine or something to go "market?"
quote:
I need some humor in my life lately!!

PH
Can I do it in a blender?


Humor fix provided Cool ...... Per kumazam PLEASE do not do this!! Buy a meat grinder. Or have it done. Blender.... Eek Eek Big Grin Big Grin

PH
A meat grinder? Why would I need a meat grinder? I refuse to buy a food processor because anything a food processor can do, a blender can somewhat do.

Theoretically, will a blender grind the meat into hamburger meat?
Theoretically............no. The operative word in your response is "somewhat." There is no somewhat in cooking. There is the proper way and then there are all the other ways.

The texture of the ground meat is critical. You are not making paste here, it's hamburger!!! A meat grinder is $30. You can use it to make sausage and other good stuff. Buy one. Or send me your frikkin' ribeye, and I'll grind it for you.

PH
quote:
Originally posted by spo1977:
She is joking about the blender...right?


I am 100% sure she is not joking.

Bella before you either hurt yourself or ruin a good cut of meat please go to McDonalds.
Just make a smoothy out of it, and you won't have to add any protein powder.

Ribeye is tasty because it has a lot of fat in it. Why not just buy the highest fat content pre-ground hamburger at the market? Or buy ground sirloin and tell the butcher to run it through again with some extra fat cuttings.

Or, just buy the ribeye at the butcher and ask him to grind it for you. But duck quickly because he will most likely throw a knife at you.
Deryl

If you have read any of Bellas cooking stories then you would know that she and everyone in her apartment complex is a whole lot safer if she just goes to McDonalds.
quote:
Originally posted by Bella Donna:
A meat grinder? Why would I need a meat grinder? I refuse to buy a food processor because anything a food processor can do, a blender can somewhat do.

Theoretically, will a blender grind the meat into hamburger meat?


Red wine? Why would I buy red wine? It's the same as white wine isn't it?
I can make red wine by adding food colouring, dessert wine by adding sugar
and sparkling wine by putting it in a soda syphon.

(For the record, I think Bella is winding you up. I hope she is.)
I knew this would be an interesting thread when I saw BD started it and wanted to waste a ribeye to make a burger. I wasn't disappointed. Is it just me or is the idea of using a ribeye steak to make ground (or liquified) meat for burgers just plain wrong?

Bella, I'm sure I don't need to pass this culinary wisdom along to you, but if for some reason the blended meat seems a little tough, just give the patties a couple of passes over with your Michelins.
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
A meat grinder is $30. You can use it to make sausage and other good stuff. Buy one. Or send me your frikkin' ribeye, and I'll grind it for you.

PH
I don't have room in my kitchen for another piece of equipment; nevertheless, a piece of equipment I will use only a few times a year. I have no desire to make sausage.


Will I need to put anything else in the mixture besides the meat itself? Flour, corn starch, something like that?
Meat grinder is a must. I have one of those hand cranked vintage ones that comes with different blades, and I can tell you the meat ground on that beauty is much better than anything that went through a turbine at the store. The meat is coarse, it's fresh, it's flavorful. In other words, it's your next "must have" kitchen item.
Bella,

You can make as good a burger with a cheaper piece of meat with a high fat content. You can also buy a grinder to fit most good mixers. This will work much better than a blender. You wouldn't need to buy a food processor.

Add Reply

×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×