quote:
Originally posted by Bella Donna:
I'm going to the store later on and seeing if they will grind the ribeye for me.

Now where's the fun in that?
Bella,

Getting the store to grind the meat is a good idea. I'm new to this forum, so there is obviously some inside stuff going on here which I don't understand. The bottom line is blenders don't make good ground beef. Food processors could be used in a pinch as SM says, but you have to be very attentive. Meat grinders work best.
quote:
I'm new to this forum, so there is obviously some inside stuff going on here which I don't understand.

Now that's an understatement. Cool

Bella, don't have them grind ribeyes for heaven's sake. It really is a horrible waste of an expensive cut of beef.
This thread is hilarious. Chef Boyardee does have one serious question though; does one lose anything by having the butcher grind the meat, then time elapses before it's cooked? (I'm thinking of the coffee example as I write this.)
quote:
Originally posted by Gigond Ass:
quote:
I'm new to this forum, so there is obviously some inside stuff going on here which I don't understand.

Now that's an understatement. Cool

Bella, don't have them grind ribeyes for heaven's sake. It really is a horrible waste of an expensive cut of beef.


Seriously. That's a stupid thing to do.
Time to name this section, FTH - Funnier Than Hell.
Or should it be FFH - Food From Hell.

Thanks folks. After a long hard day of work and travel, this is just the kind of comic relief that I need. Big Grin Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by Sweet Melissa:
quote:
Originally posted by Berno:
Using a blender or food processor would would basically cause air to be added to the meat. That would cause dry shrunken burgers.

I don't agree with that, Berno. I use a food processor all the time to chop things - it's called "pulsing." I also do things like pesto in the blender. No air issues. And in a pinch, I've used a blender using the same technique. A blender is much more difficult, but the downside is not about aeration.

In the distant past, I remember actually using a food processor once or twice to chop meat for hamburgers (adding other ingredients also). It is not nearly as good as grinding meat, but it's possible to do it and still yield a decent burger. The essential problem (in my experience) is not about air, it's about shredding the meat too fine - the texture is all wrong. Just my two cents.


I didn't say that about anything besides meat. You're absolutely right and the point I forgot to add, about the texture being crappy. Food processors and blenders a great for other foods. Not for meat, unless you're making pate or something along those lines.
quote:
Originally posted by The Artist Formerly known as DJ Hombre:
Seriously. That's a stupid thing to do.

Uhhh... aren't you forgetting who we're talking about? She ran over steaks with an SUV to tenderize them, couldn't follow a simple marinara sauce recipe (and then blamed the person who provided the recipe), and marvels over salmon with cheddar cheese...

Can't you just let her use her blender to make burgers out of ribeye steaks? I'm seriously pissed you guys have talked her out of it.
quote:
Originally posted by Sweet Melissa:


Can't you just let her use her blender to make burgers out of ribeye steaks? I'm seriously pissed you guys have talked her out of it.


We only did it so we can talk her into pureeing a t-bone.
Instead of Ribeye burgers try "short rib burgers". I've heard of a restaurant in NYC that serves these. Braised short ribs are amonst my favorite indulgences of cow so I tried them. If you have any leftover braised short ribs mix the meat in with gound chuck while forming the patties. DO NOT put it in a blender!!!
I deplore meat the way DR Blank deplores alcohol. It's revolting and extremely unhealthy. By consuming meat and alcohol together you are significantly increasing your chances of dying. Just by reading some of the posts here, I can safely assume that most of you will probably die.
For a small fee I can make you practically immortal. Although it involves some penetration, it's pretty much a painless proceedure and requires no sticthes or follow up appointments. Let me know if you're interested.
Dr. Spitzvogel wrote:

"For a small fee I can make you practically immortal. Although it involves some penetration, it's pretty much a painless proceedure and requires no sticthes or follow up appointments. Let me know if you're interested."

EXACTLY what type of "penetration" are you referring to? I think that you are on the wrong board. I have nothing against homosexuality, I have a gay uncle, and I have many gay friends, but I do not think that this board is appropriate to discuss these issues Wink
quote:
Originally posted by Dr.Spitzvogel:
Although it involves some penetration, it's pretty much a painless proceedure


dang, not much self confidence there.

Bella...
Let us know how the blender works. Big Grin

Joe...Hi.
quote:
Originally posted by Dr.Spitzvogel:
For a small fee I can make you practically immortal. Although it involves some penetration, it's pretty much a painless proceedure and requires no sticthes or follow up appointments. Let me know if you're interested.


Sounds like we could use a cross, a wood stake, and Buffy right about now...
Lets share the responcibilities - you take care of the cross and the stake, and I'll take care of Buffy. Big Grin Just kidding, I'm a happily married man. I'll take the cross.
quote:
Originally posted by Sweet Melissa:
quote:
Originally posted by The Artist Formerly known as DJ Hombre:
Seriously. That's a stupid thing to do.

Uhhh... aren't you forgetting who we're talking about? She ran over steaks with an SUV to tenderize them, couldn't follow a simple marinara sauce recipe (and then blamed the person who provided the recipe), and marvels over salmon with cheddar cheese...

Can't you just let her use her blender to make burgers out of ribeye steaks? I'm seriously pissed you guys have talked her out of it.


This thread is hilarious! LOL! Big Grin Eek Big Grin

She also burns her eggs b/c she cooks them on high heat as they take too long too cook Confused and she doesn't want to spend all morning cooking eggs.

Bella - go for the blender. Not one person on here can say that they have actually tried "blendering" a ribeye and making hamburgers out of them. Until someone attempts this, no one will no for sure if it can be done!

Big Grin
This is so calling out to be video taped. Maybe you can make enough money to goto culinary school with the cash you will make selling the tape to Funniest Home Videos. I can see it now.

The rib eye goes in, oops forgot to remove the bone, back in sans bone, hit ice crusher, it spins a few times, binds up, begins to smoke out of the base, while reaching to unplug it, it tips over, the top pops off and then it kicks in and sprays meat all over the kitchen.

Can you say CHA CHING !!!!!!


The blender still spinning, smoking, meat everwhere and Bellas first thought is, man it was so much easier in the car than in the blender......
quote:
Originally posted by Dr.Spitzvogel:
For a small fee I can make you practically immortal. Although it involves some penetration

Hey Spoogenoodle, I thought you didn't like meat?

Add Reply

×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×