Rhys Spring offering

Who is partaking in the upcoming 2010 Rhys offering. I am thinking of getting the following

2009 Skyline vyrd syrah
2010 Family Farm vyrd pinot 750s and mags
2010 Bearwallow vyrd pinot 750s and mags
2010 Alpine vyrd chard
2010 Home vyrd pinot
2010 Skyline vyrd pinot

Any insight into these wines is always appreciated. It seems that Rhys can do no wrong these days. My experience with them has been limited.

IW
Original Post
If you get offered the chard, I'd take it. Personally, I don't prefer their syrah, but its been a few years since I tried one. I think there are better syrah producers out there. Other than that, I try to get all of the pinot I'm offered, but to be honest, I think of all the Rhys I have collected, I have only tried the Alpine and Bearwallow in the last couple of years. The rest are resting, so, I can't offer you too much insight on the other pinots.
quote:
Originally posted by lizardking:
If you get offered the chard, I'd take it. Personally, I don't prefer their syrah, but its been a few years since I tried one. I think there are better syrah producers out there. Other than that, I try to get all of the pinot I'm offered, but to be honest, I think of all the Rhys I have collected, I have only tried the Alpine and Bearwallow in the last couple of years. The rest are resting, so, I can't offer you too much insight on the other pinots.

You mean Alpine Hillside, right?

Eek
I’ll be buying everything except for the Syrah. I think their Syrah is good, but I have just found that for the money Syrah is sooooo much better in France than any producer I have found in CA. Their pinots are fantastic though and probably my 2nd favorite domestic producer after Littorai. The wines have an understated power and complexity that remind of you of high quality burg yet still maintain their CA charm.
I've thought about passing altogether. I have to cut purchases, and there are other wines I am more interested in (Sojourn, Rivers Marie & Carlisle), plus Rhys are not cheap. I may try to buy a small amount of a couple that I have enjoyed in the past, but if anyone in the Chicago area is looking to get some Rhys, I should have plenty available.
quote:
Originally posted by keytohwy:
quote:
Originally posted by lizardking:

You mean Alpine Hillside, right?

Eek

Smile Most recently, yes, though the majority of the Rhys I have opened have been Alpine of one form or another. There are three general pinots made from Alpine. Its my highest allocation and therefore has been my bellweather when I want to try one.

Add Reply

Likes (0)