Skip to main content

This is a Robbery: The World's Biggest Art Theft on Netflix.

Also on Netflix Shtisel returns, after a five year break, with season 3. The incredible Shira Haas continues to show why she's one of the best actresses out there. The show itself digs into the complexity of human life that is totally recognizable through the problems consist mainly as living as an ultra-Orthodox Jew.

It's funny about that Bill Maher pro-Israel rant was how prepared it was.  He obviously wanted to come out swinging as the opposite of his entertainment friends, many of  whom are onboard (whether deserved or not) the anti-Israel train that's building up steam. So when a moment came, after guest comment, he went off on his 5 minute rant that seemed very prepared.  Personally I thought it was a so-what moment.

Last edited by The Old Man
@bman posted:

We just finished the first season of Line of Duty, another first class British cop show, this one about what is called Internal Affairs divisions in North America, on Netflix.  As usual with British cop dramas, well written complete characters, nuanced plot lines, etc.  Highly recommended.

It has remained strong through all five seasons we’ve watched. We’re about to watch season 6.

We finished the second batch of Lupin. Always entertaining, if not exactly plausible.

And recently we finished the fifth and final season of the French series The Bureau. Wow. Fantastic. The first season was decent. Very low key, and mostly took place in the Paris offices of the DGSE. Subsequent seasons branch out to half a dozen other countries. There’s one main story that evolves over all five seasons. Highly recommended.

Trying to watch Manifest, but it looks like I won't be able to due to the inconsistency of the characters' actions and paint by numbers storylines.

I do not recommend watching Bill Maher's fawning performance interviewing Quintin Tarantino. "I've seen every frame of your movies countless times." It must be remembered that without one man Tarantino may not have become a significant filmmaker, and of course that's Harvey Weinstein. After 30 years working together this is the best Quint could come up with (in 2017), “'I knew enough to do more than I did,' he said, citing several episodes involving prominent actresses. 'There was more to it than just the normal rumors, the normal gossip. It wasn’t secondhand. I knew he did a couple of these things.'”

"A couple of these things." I'm sure, at the least.

Started watching Solos on Amazon Prime.  A seven-part anthology series introduced by Morgan Freeman that features a single actor in each 20-25 minute episode. (Has a little sci-fi thrown in.) First four episodes have been fantastic. Like watching a series of good one-man plays, commenting on the human conditions of pain, loss, fear, etc. Highly recommended.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.