Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:
Looking to drink this by Feb 14th.
Can be non vintage/ vintage but preferably not one of the big boys making > 1mm bottles a year.

Anybody have any good recommendations?

G-man, I will recommend many, but the very first thing to pop in my mind was...

Henri Billiot!

Will write more later.

I've seen the Brut and the Rose,

which would you pick?
quote:
g-man, if you must seek out a Rose, ( I would always opt for the best Champagne regardless) I would add the following to the Billiot.

1996 Pol Roger Rose
1996 Deutz Rose
1996 Jacquesson Rose Extra Brut

Although I would agree that getting the best Champagne is important, there is something about a pink sparkler that just works for Valentine's day, don't you think? Also, if you are getting the 1996s you recommended for under $100 I've REALLY got to move to Dallas! Razz

PH
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
quote:
g-man, if you must seek out a Rose, ( I would always opt for the best Champagne regardless) I would add the following to the Billiot.

1996 Pol Roger Rose
1996 Deutz Rose
1996 Jacquesson Rose Extra Brut

Although I would agree that getting the best Champagne is important, there is something about a pink sparkler that just works for Valentine's day, don't you think? Also, if you are getting the 1996s you recommended for under $100 I've REALLY got to move to Dallas! Razz

PH

Come on down! Cool
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:
thanks for all the suggestions =)

picked up the henri billot rose'
and the billecart salmon

I hope they show well.

there was this thick layer of dust over teh henri billot =) heh not many people buy em at the store i goto it seems .. was decently priced. 46$/bottle
quote:
Originally posted by Dunder:
quote:
Originally posted by Florida Wino:

1999 Bollinger Grand Annee Brut Champagne
96WE, 94WS, 94WN, 93ST
Have you tried this one FW, I've been eyeing it on our local shelves but hadn't heard a whole lot about it, except for the pro reviews (and WE). Big Grin

Had it at a tasting dinner 2 weeks ago. Would rate it about a 92. Great taste, and nothing bitter remeining in mouth.
quote:
96WE, 94WS, 94WN, 93ST

Yep, some solid recommendations above. However, after much consideration, I'm casting off from the 'it must be Rose' theme. I've been disappointed a few times recently by the NV Billecart Salmon Rose, and just can't get excited about the other Rose' rec's (the Henri Billot rose' isn't available here).

After reviewing the local market availability here QC, I'm going to give the 1999 Bolli G-A a run. Granted, this one is breaking the $100 ceiling (here in QC anyway, it's $154) a little, but so be it.

Oh, and we're celebrating V. Day a weekend early (thus, this weekend coming), to avoid the silly pricing on all levels. I'll let you know how it shows. Wink
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
quote:
96WE, 94WS, 94WN, 93ST

Yep, some solid recommendations above. However, after much consideration, I'm casting off from the 'it must be Rose' theme. I've been disappointed a few times recently by the NV Billecart Salmon Rose, and just can't get excited about the other Rose' rec's (the Henri Billot rose' isn't available here).

After reviewing the local market availability here QC, I'm going to give the 1999 Bolli G-A a run. Granted, this one is breaking the $100 ceiling (here in QC anyway, it's $154) a little, but so be it.

Oh, and we're celebrating V. Day a weekend early (thus, this weekend coming), to avoid the silly pricing on all levels. I'll let you know how it shows. Wink

better question is what you're going to prepare for food =)

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.