Skip to main content

Greeting to all, it's been awhile. Haven't been around here much the last few years. Been trying to get back into the flow of things, but often time, jogging down tasting notes during tasting/dinner....etc. just seem to take away from the enjoyment. Then again, I do miss having the ability to look them up for reference. Perhaps I'll put my mind on it and make it a two month late new year's resolution.

Now the icebreaker is out of the way, I would like to introduce you to a little wine project started by fellow forumite rickym13, his better half, and yours truly. We came across an unique opportunity to produce 250 cases of this wonderful Cabernet Sauvignon from the 2007 vintage. After some discussion, we came up with the name Ostreon, Greek for oyster to recongnize Matsui's family background in the pearl industry.

We are still waiting to sort out some shipping logistics and waiting for the glue to be dry on the label, our website is up and running for those of you that are interested in joining our mailing list.
Many of you may be thinking, "tell me it's not another $100/btl new Napa label." Well, our release price is not yet finalized, but we can assure you it would be a plesant surprise and a breath of fresh air.

We can also tell you the fruit source for our project is from the top 5% of the Cabernet prodcuing sites in Napa Valley and handled by a soon to be household name young winemaker. However, due to contractual obligations, we can't disclose these two pieces of information publicly.

So, if you have any questions, you know where to find me. If you want to taste the wine while you are in Napa, drop me a line and let's see what we can come up with.
Last edited {1}
Original Post
quote:
Originally posted by winesparty:
Well done and best of luck. I had a problem using the link in your post, though. It was not taking me to a valid webpage, but if I typed in the address directly in my browser, it worked. Not sure if others had the problem, but you may want to check it out.

Thanks. Link is now fixed. Smile
thank you everyone for overwhelming response. and thanks for all your suggestions as well....since we all have a day jobs, it will take sometimes to iron out some kinks.....
had taste of our wine this past weekend and i can reassure what powell has said...it will be very pleasant surprise. Smile

i have received all of your info for mailing list. Wink

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.