quote:
Originally posted by Cellar_Fiend:
Just got back from a month long trip, save me some wine!! I'll send the mailer back this week.

This bastard deserves no wine!!
Cellar_Fiend=Satan
quote:
Originally posted by tylerhi:
Rick and Powell,
Wine received in Bellevue. Rick's family is with Hikari pearls? Heard its top notch stuff.
aloha
tyler

tyler...great to hear you got the bottles Smile
are you in the business? i have few friends and customers on islands...
quote:
Originally posted by rickym13:
tyler...great to hear you got the bottles Smile
are you in the business? i have few friends and customers on islands...

Sort of but only as hobby. Just purchase a lot and help out at friend's shop when needed or at events.
we will start shipping in some area next week...wold like to hold out few more weeks for places such as FL,AZ,TX etc....
i will be emailing everyone of you before doing so. Smile
wow..such a strange weather we are having out here in calif!
shipping is not going to happen this week...its in mid 80's to 90's but forcast looks good for next week. Wink
quote:
Originally posted by TT:
When is the estimated shipping date?

tt - your wine will be shipped this week. i will email you with tracking #
Popped one tonight and will follow over today and tomorrow. Bottle open for hour no decant.

Reminds me very much of a young Seavey Cab. Very happy about this btw. Will post updates.

Day 2 - half bottle in cellar recorked -- to see how tough it is!

Held up real well. Little more fruit forward, still very traditional cab.

Overall, a real good wine, a very nice change up to most of the newer fruit power cabs. Drinking this side by side with a Rivers Marie Cab would be a real nice contrast.

Well done.
Last edited by j1m
quote:
Originally posted by markjahnke:
Did I miss the offer for these? Is there still wine available? -mJ

we still have some available Smile
quote:
Originally posted by Jcocktosten:
Highly recommended - we really enjoyed the bottle of this we opened.

How long did you decant?
Im not sure it really needs a decant. Probably could not hurt, but its real good out of the chute.
I would recommend decanting. I did not, and think it would have been better if I had. J1m does not lie that it's good w/o decanting, but I think it would be beneficial for 1-2 hours.

BTW - any word on 2008???
quote:
Originally posted by VinToronto:
bump.

rickym13 - any decision on the '08? Thanks!

we will be sending out announcement very shortly with our final decision on our '08. it was very difficult and long process as to what we were going to do.....
stayed tuned Wink
How is this a public service announcement? Reads like a sales pitch to me. The wine sounds good but public service announcement?
Unfortunate about the '08 vintage, but I respect the reasoning for sure. I guess I'll have to nurse my remaining supply of '07 for a little longer than expected Smile

Dumpster dive because today I stood up the final bottle from my six-pack of 2007 Ostreon. Each of the previous five has been terrific and It's a shame the project began and ended with this one vintage. 

Fun to look back on the contributors to this thread.  Where are Powell and Ricky these days? 

vint posted:

Dumpster dive because today I stood up the final bottle from my six-pack of 2007 Ostreon. Each of the previous five has been terrific and It's a shame the project began and ended with this one vintage. 

Fun to look back on the contributors to this thread.  Where are Powell and Ricky these days? 

Powell is in our WS Forums Cork Dorks fantasy football league.  Won the titles this season, in fact, the bastard!

I believe there were 2 or 3 vintages, '07 and '11. Possibly '09? I seem to recall that it only came out every other year? Anyway, I still have one 2011 left. Last one I opened several months ago was fantastic!

Attachments

Images (2)

Good to hear about the 2011. I remember there was no ‘08 but never heard anything after that. I must have fallen off the mailing list.

I also think Powell decamped for Hong Kong around 2011 so maybe that ended this project. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.