Skip to main content

I thought I would take the opportunity to wish everyone a happy 2011 and also to mark my 1000th post (yes, I know it pales in comparison to KSC02's recent 10000 milestone). It seems customary to mark such occasions on this board, and so I shall follow.

I don't know why it took me so long to stumble across this board. For many years, my own circle of friends and acquaintances at local wine stores were the extent of my wine knowledge network. Since joining this forum I have learned a great deal about wines, food, dining and travel. Thank you all!

More importantly, it amazes me that there are some very genuine, classy, and compassionate folks on these forums. I say amazing because elsewhere on the Internet, there are many not-so-nice people that inhabit online boards. With few exceptions, the conversations that take place here are generally civil, in good humour, and sometimes warm and poignant.

To the crew in Montreal who have generously welcomed my wife and I to offlines, thank you for sharing your company as well as some great wines that I otherwise would not have tasted, such as Stefania and Amon Ra, and the Hermitage blanc from this past summer that now has me hooked on a wine that I can't find!

Let's all hope for health, happiness, and peace between now and my 2000th post! Cheers, everyone!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
quote:
Originally posted by Mimik:
(and don't worry about postcount, it is quality rather than quantity than that counts. I've been trying to explain that to KSC02 for years. Razz Wink )

At least proof-read your post prior to hitting 'Post Now'. Razz

I think Mimik was just trying to illustrate what types of posts don't count. Smile
quote:
Originally posted by SD-Wineaux:
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
quote:
Originally posted by Mimik:
(and don't worry about postcount, it is quality rather than quantity than that counts. I've been trying to explain that to KSC02 for years. Razz Wink )

At least proof-read your post prior to hitting 'Post Now'. Razz

I think Mimik was just trying to illustrate what types of posts don't count. Smile

Exactly. Big Grin

(Phew, thanks SD-Wineaux Wink )

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.