For all of your international travelers, does a US citizen need a passport to go to Barbados for a 6 day stay?

I saw "no" on the Internet and the Barbados tourism websites, but the travel agencies say "yes."

I would greatly appreciate any information. (And no, I am not the one going to Barbados if inquiring minds want to know)
Original Post

ENTRY/EXIT REQUIREMENTS: Beginning March 1, 2004, U.S. citizens must enter Barbados using a valid U.S. passport. No visa is needed to enter Barbados for stays up to 28 days. Until February 29, 2004, U.S. citizens may enter Barbados for up to 28 days without a valid passport, but must carry original documentation proving U.S. citizenship (i.e. valid or expired U.S. passport, certified U.S. birth certificate, Consular Report of Birth Abroad, Certificate of Naturalization, or Certificate of Citizenship), state-issued photo identification and an onward or return ticket. U.S. citizen visitors who enter Barbados before March 1, 2004 without these items, even if admitted by immigration authorities, may encounter difficulties in boarding flights for return to the United States. U.S. citizens entering Barbados before March 1, 2004 with documents other than U.S. passports should take special care to secure those documents while traveling. It can be time-consuming and difficult to acquire new proof of citizenship to facilitate return travel. There is a departure tax for travelers over the age of twelve.
International travel is very easy with a passport. Go to any post office and request an application. It just takes a couple of weeks and is inexpensive. Getting through customs/immigrations is much easier with a passport.
you can also buy one on Mission street in SF for $1000, social security for $200 and ID for $350, and no, you can't choose the name, you get what's available. so, bon voyage, Mr. Harry Beavers.

Free Lynndie England!
You probably need a passport to leave the US. You probably need a passport to enter Barbados. You might need a passport to leave Barbados. But, you absolutely need a passport to re-enter the US.


"Life is short....start with the dessert."

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.