Pappy van winkle 15 year

Good evening all. one of the members of my local  wine club won a bottle of the 15 year van winkle in the latest  lcbo  allocation 

he is looking to send it to Waddingtons for the next auction and I suggested he first try privately   

if anyone is interested in buying it please let me know,  can meet in GTA.

Attachments

Photos (1)
Original Post

I am not sure what is so funny about that. He is basing it off of Waddington prices.

check out the site below...

https://www.waddingtons.ca/sea...pappy%20van%20winkle

I have attached the sale history link of all bottles sold. it has gone between $2,100 and $3,900 in the auctions before taxes and whatever fees get added. why is $2,500 offside? is it laughable to see it sell for $3,900? I would agree that price is stupid but its what people are willing to pay... check out the history...

and by the way, $2,500 Canadian... so approx. $1,900 USD...

PAPPY VAN WINKLE’S FAMILY RESERVE KENTUCKY STRAIGHT BOURBON WHISKEY 15 YEARS (ONE 750 ML)

PAPPY VAN WINKLE’S FAMILY RESERVE KENTUCKY STRAIGHT BOURBON WHISKEY 15 YEARS (ONE 750 ML) OLD RIP VA ...

Auction Date: September 18, 2018

Estimate: $900-$1,000

Price Realised: $3,900

csm posted:

He wants the auction price without paying the (outrageous) fees etc. that go along with auctioning the bottle.  Good luck.  No one here is going to give him anything close to that.   

hi there CSM... I really wish  had the keys to turn your brain on this morning... re-read what I wrote above please.

the bottle went for prices between 2,100 and 3,900.

asking 2,500 is not "wanting auction price without paying outrageous fees"

if the price was $3,500 then I would agree with you.

Ciccio10 posted:
csm posted:

He wants the auction price without paying the (outrageous) fees etc. that go along with auctioning the bottle.  Good luck.  No one here is going to give him anything close to that.   

hi there CSM... I really wish  had the keys to turn your brain on this morning... re-read what I wrote above please.

Perhaps you should re-read it.  Wanting $2500 is, in fact wanting auction price without paying outrageous fees.  The bottles you listed sold, at auction, for between $2100, and $3900.  $2500 is within that range.  It's at the lower end of the range, but those still are auction prices and don't include the fees he'd have to pay to sell it through Waddington's.  At any rate, being a capitalist, I believe a fair price is what the market will bear, however, I suspect he'll have to look elsewhere.  People here are too savvy to pay that price for this bottle. 

csm posted:
Ciccio10 posted:
csm posted:

Perhaps you should re-read it.  Wanting $2500 is, in fact wanting auction price without paying outrageous fees.  The bottles you listed sold, at auction, for between $2100, and $3900.  $2500 is within that range.  It's at the lower end of the range, but those still are auction prices and don't include the fees he'd have to pay to sell it through Waddington's.  At any rate, being a capitalist, I believe a fair price is what the market will bear, however, I suspect he'll have to look elsewhere.  People here are too savvy to pay that price for this bottle. 

ok, so you buying it bro or what?

Add Reply

Likes (0)