OT: "Your one experience" Now, you can't even look at it.

Here's one.
Many years ago (mid 80's) when I was still newly married, I'd pick up a buddy every Sunday and we'd hit the links. Afterward, we'd go somewhere and have a few drinks. (Those of you who are married can already see where this is going.)
He was even poorer than I was at the time, and having just received a brand-spankin' new credit card, I told him I'd treat. My favored drink at the time was a Kamakazi, and after a few of those, someone near us ordered a blue drink that I think was called a Seahawk Cocktail. Must have had Blue Curacao or something like that in it. The 'Hawks game was on the tube, so my friend and I decided to switch to those. Of course, since I was buying, he'd drink anything offered. I'm not sure exactly how many of those things we had, or even how we got home that evening. But the next morning in bed, through my hangover, I do recall a mightily pi$$ed off wife screaming that I was going to clean the bathroom. I stumbled inside and saw that a good percentage of our white bathroom was now blue.
I've tended to stay away from anything blue ever since.

As a postscript, the next Sunday, after making many, many promises to the wife, I went to my buddy's apartment to pick him up for golf as usual. Much to my surprise, his apartment was empty! I found out a few weeks later from his father that he had joined the Army and was at basic training at Fort Benning, GA! I can't imagine what kind of bender would make me do that!
Kahlua...

About 6 years ago I was at a house party. One of my friends introduced me to Black Russians (kahlua and vodka). As the night went on we ran out of vodka and tried to come up with a substitute. We then started to mix kahlua and tequila. Bad idea... After two of those I started to feel sick and decided to stumble home. I spent the majority of the night lying on the bathroom floor, shaking and sick.

For years afterwards, if someone opened a bottle in the same room as me the smell would make me feel sick. It has gotten to the point where I can handle the smell, but I have never gotten the courage to drink it again... especially when mixed with tequila.
quote:
Originally posted by justme:
Wow, I never knew there were so many different words for Vomit.
So far I've seen:
barf, puke, ralf, projectile, hurl, heave, morning spew AND evening spew. Have I missed any?

Technicolor yawn
Technicolor sneeze
Calling to a fish named Ralph
Blow chunks
Bark at the ants
paint the walls
Boot
Another SoCo OD experience here. I wonder if there's something about drinking too much of that stuff that leads people into being a wine nerd later in life?

I drank 3/4 of a 750. I had never drank more than 2-3 drinks (I'm not a small person) prior to this occasion, and the others at the party were so surprised at the sight they egged me on, which I stupidly obliged.

Lots of puking.

Now, even if I don't know I'm drinking SoCo (say it's mixed into punch or wop), I'll still get sick to my stomach.
I was reminded of this story the other day and I’m thinking this might be the best place to share it as it involves vomit. Smile

This is the most embarrassing/awesome wine story I have heard, unfortunately I wasn’t there to witness first hand. A close friend and colleague was taking some clients out to a nice dinner to celebrate the success of their recently completed project together. It was my friend, a young associate of his fresh from college, and 3 people from the client (2 girls, 1 guy). Before dinner drinks led to a couple bottles of wine and lively conversation. They were all having a good time when it became apparent that one of the women from the client probably wasn’t a very experienced drinker. She was starting to slur a little bit and making some more off color comments, but all in good fun and they were all taking cabs so my friend kind of shrugged it off. Well the last glass of wine must have done her in as she made a funny noise and then proceeded to put her head down and vomit into her ample cleavage. This obviously brought a quick hush to the table. The lady calmly unbuttoned her shirt, took out her napkin and started to clean her now nearly fully exposed breasts. Everyone is starring at her in shock, especially the young associate of my friend sitting right across from her. The best part of the story is the lady sees him looking at her and she looks at him dead in the eye and whispers “do you like what you see”.

Needless to say there was not a lot of eye contact next time my friend visited this particular client.
My friends were celebrating a birthday. I started with an 05 Baumard Quarts de Chaume and a bottle of red. Then switched to beer. Then I switched to Tequilla shots and cigars. It was good Patron. I hugged the toilet for an hour. I can't have Tequilla anymore. The thought of it makes me queasy.
quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:
...she looks at him dead in the eye and whispers “do you like what you see”...

Wow. All I was thinking was, it was lucky this didn't start a chain reaction. Now I have something new to add to my list of turn-offs. <shudder> Red Face
quote:
Originally posted by justme:
Wow, I never knew there were so many different words for Vomit.
So far I've seen:
barf, puke, ralf, projectile, hurl, heave, morning spew AND evening spew. Have I missed any?

The formal medical term is "emesis"

-----------

My addition to this post would be Seagram's 7 and Mountain Dew. Wow that was a loooong time ago.
quote:
Originally posted by Red guy in a blue state:
quote:
Originally posted by T Dub:
I'm surprised no one has posted my all time favorite.

"praying to the porcelain god!"

Lentini beat you to it page 7.

LOL I missed it.. but it's so good it's worth saying again.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Red guy in a blue state:
quote:
I'm surprised no one has posted my all time favorite.

"praying to the porcelain god!"

Lentini beat you to it page 7.

LOL I missed it.. but it's so good it's worth saying again.

My favorite variation on the theme:

Yodeling in the porcelain megaphone.

PH
Ugh. Some of the stories are stomach-churning. Thanks so much, Rob! Ack

For BRR, it's Wild Turkey. Had way too much at a party when I was young, went out the back door, some guys were passing around a pint of the stuff, and decided it would be a great idea...it wasn't so much the amount, but it was the last very disticnt memory (smell) I had, and can't go near it.
Fighting Cock - a cheap rot gut whisky you can still find for $1.99 a liter. When we were underaged (it was 18 then), we used to get someone to buy it for us and we would mix with cokes from the drive-in. One night we had the bright idea of doing shots. It caused me to immediately flash hash. Now, I can't even look at a picture of the bottle without gagging.

Add Reply

Likes (0)