Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Why thank you for sharing that irwin. That was an interesting set of useless facts. Big Grin

Here's another one that I believe to be fact. Do you realize that not one but two teams from St. Louis will be playing ball on the same day in Arlington, Texas? The Cowboys play the St. Louis Rams at 3:15PM on Sunday and not even matter of steps and minutes afterwards the Rangers will be playing the St. Louis Cardinals in Game 4. Wink
It is a compelling series to date with two one run games. After watching Elvis Andrus make two great plays in the field and a clutch hit/baserunning play in the 9th, I am still mad at the Braves trading him in 07. At that time, the Braves received Mark Teixeira for a three month rental in exchange for minor leaguers (and former Myrtle Beach Pelicans) Andrus, Jared Saltalamaccia, and Neftali Feliz. Even at the time, everyone knew it was a stupid move.
quote:
Originally posted by scbeerman:
It is a compelling series to date with two one run games. After watching Elvis Andrus make two great plays in the field and a clutch hit/baserunning play in the 9th, I am still mad at the Braves trading him in 07. At that time, the Braves received Mark Teixeira for a three month rental in exchange for minor leaguers (and former Myrtle Beach Pelicans) Andrus, Jared Saltalamaccia, and Neftali Feliz. Even at the time, everyone knew it was a stupid move.

Man, has that trade turned out just brutal. Salty has been a bust but Andrus has hit better than anyone thought and Feliz is a stud. The Braves did get back Casey Kothcman when they traded Tex the net season. Roll Eyes

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.