Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

2020 Massican Hyde Chardonnay

2018 Rivers Marie Joy Road Chardonnay

1988 Dunn Howell

2004 Veiux Telegraphe La Crau

Pretty fun evening.  The two chards were great (two of my favorite producers of whites), and the two reds were okay.  I think my tastes are leaning towards drinking my older wines sooner than later.  The Dunn was still alive, but just barely. Great nose, but just a little thin and muted. I thought the VT was better, but I also thought it was on the downturn.  

A great night was had with Steve8 and J, bman and Mrs Bman and Uncle John at L’académie byob  restaurant in the West Island. Wines were as stellar as was the company. In no particular order, wines were as follows.

2006 Almaviva

2009 Jaboulet La petite Chapelle

2007 Altero Poggio Antico Bdm

2000 Château Leoville Poyferre

And a white that I can’t recall but Steve8 will l’m sure chime in and provide.

A la prochaine!

@mimik posted:

A great night was had with Steve8 and J, bman and Mrs Bman and Uncle John at L’académie byob  restaurant in the West Island. Wines were as stellar as was the company. In no particular order, wines were as follows.

2006 Almaviva

2009 Jaboulet La petite Chapelle

2007 Altero Poggio Antico Bdm

2000 Château Leoville Poyferre

And a white that I can’t recall but Steve8 will l’m sure chime in and provide.

A la prochaine!

WTF??? Next time you'll have to write down the names of the wines. No notes or thoughts on the wines?

The white was the 2011 Leeuwin Estate, Chardonnay, Art Series.

All wines showed really well with the exception of the Jaboulet, La Petite Chapelle which was mildly flawed by brett. It was delicious if you held your breath when taking a sip.

My WOTN was the Almaviva. It's been a long time since I had one and at current prices it could be a while before I have another.

The Leoville Poyferre had a wonderful nose for which the taste was no match. Standard, kind of boring flavour profile.

The Altero was my second favourite wine of the night. Delicious modern style Brunello and drinking really well now.

Good to see the Bman's and Uncle John again.

Wife's bday last Wednesday.   We had:

2018 Ramey Chard, Ft Ross Seaview

2006 Numanthia, Termes, maybe the best bottling of this wine

2005 Elias Moro, Crianza...another outstanding bottle

1999 J Phelps Insignia....yowza.  This is on a plateau.  Still fairly youthful, plenty of time, but man, what a wine....WOTN easy.  Thanks, Javachip.

2002 Nicolas Sauternes, wasn't expecting much, and didn't deliver much, but washed down the desserts.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • mceclip0

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.