Skip to main content

2018 Vincent Careme, Vouvray, Brut

I've had this wine before in other vintages but Vinnie hit the ball out of the park with this vintage. Not Champagne, but really enjoyable with a fine bead and probably one of the best non-champer sparkling wines I've had. I went back to get some more because at CDN$26 it's a steal.

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

- 2016 Beringer Chardonnay Private Reserve, a style we seek out very rarely these days, rich, big mouthful of pear, butter, honey, plush in the mouth, long on the finish. Beautiful deep gold colour, too. My wife and I agreed that the best descriptor for this wine might be “voluptuous.”  Sorry I bought only the one bottle.EDD6B2F8-06E9-43E7-BFBE-7AFF6F6313FE

Attachments

Images (1)
  • EDD6B2F8-06E9-43E7-BFBE-7AFF6F6313FE
@seaquam posted:

- 2016 Beringer Chardonnay Private Reserve, a style we seek out very rarely these days, rich, big mouthful of pear, butter, honey, plush in the mouth, long on the finish. Beautiful deep gold colour, too. My wife and I agreed that the best descriptor for this wine might be “voluptuous.”  Sorry I bought only the one bottle.EDD6B2F8-06E9-43E7-BFBE-7AFF6F6313FE

We still have a few bottles of the 2015 in the cellar.  Maybe time to pop one to see how they are traveling.

2005 Paolo Scavino, Barolo, Carobric

Based on a bottle I had a couple of years ago I thought it better to drink my last one sooner than later. Not the case with this one. Excellent and still  plenty of life.

2005 Lucien & Andre Brunel, CdP, Les Cailloux

This one on the other hand probably should have been consumed earlier. Starting to get those pruney notes that I'm not crazy about. It was better with food, but then wine always is.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.