Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

nice OTW - how was the '04 showing? 

2010 Marcel Deiss Grasberg  - I'm done with Deiss. Too much sugar. 

2005 Dirler-Cade Riesling Kessler Heisse Wanne Grand cru - Enjoyable but a touch flat and was expecting more.

2006 Gaja Promis 

2013 Tignanello - very well made wine not worth the tariff 

2004 Uccelliera Brunello di Montalcino - showing beautifully 

2018 Envinate Migan 

2017 Koncho Rkatsiteli - thanks vinoevelo. I popped my Georgian wine cherry and I liked it...alot

2017 Pedro Parra Pencopolitano - again thanks to vinoevelo. Cannot believe it but I ordered a case of Chilean wine after trying this. Mrs. M insisted. 

959ACF70-FF3C-46FA-A601-BBF24DC1025BHad a black truffle (and some chanterelles as well) dinner for some friends on Saturday, with a few nice wines also.

- 2003 Dom Pérignon- more fruit, less steel and mineral than other vintages I’ve had, but very tasty

- 2014 Kutch Chardonnay Sonoma Coast - very nice, clear nectarine note with lemony acidity, pear, mineral, kind of like Chablis meets Puligny if that makes sense, tasty

- 2013 Y - the dry wine of Chateau D’Yquem, a powerhouse of tropical fruit flavours, rich and light at the same time, mineral, perfect acidity, very long finish. A Great Wine. WOTN for me, but barely.

- 2018 Ossian Verdejo Quintaluna - from Spain, pear, papaya, bit of vanilla, balanced, clean finish. Sample bottle for restaurant consideration, I’d buy this off a list, would be great with variety of fish or seafood

- 2006 Dom. Fourrier Chambolle-Musigny 1er Cru Les Gruenchers - cherry, smoke, anise, excellent acidity, smooth, long finish, outstanding 

- 2006 Bruno Clair Grand Cru Chambertin Clos de Beze - dark and brooding, opened slowly, Byng cherry, berries, anise, clove, plush, velvety, a bit firm on the very long finish. Although every sip seemed a bit better than the last, could probably use a few more years surprisingly. Magnificent.

- 1999 Albert Mann Tokay Pinot Gris Altenbourg Selection de Grains Nobles - beautiful colour, beautiful nose, pear, peach, mango,  cinnamon, roasted marshmallow, rich and unctuous, very long finish, great ending to a long meal

Tonight, 2002 Heredia Tondonia Reserva, cherry, plum, tobacco, tannins resolved so smooth, lovely wine

Attachments

Images (1)
  • 959ACF70-FF3C-46FA-A601-BBF24DC1025B

NV Boizel Champagne Rose - really nice berry fruit with an elegant bead, balanced and slightly firm toasty backbone. 91.

2014 K Syrah Powerline - absolutely delicious. One of the better expressions of a new world wine unashamed for what it is, while still showing some respect to the northern Rhône. It had a 30 minute decant prior to transport, and was enjoyed over a couple of hours. These will certainly go a few years but for my palate, it’s spectacular now. Glad to have one more bottle. 93-94. 

A few of us got together for a Burgundy dinner last night:

Reception
2006 Duval-Leroy Prestige Millesime 2006
Jacques Selosse VO NV

Escargots et Cuisses de Grenouille
Leflaive Bienvenus-Batard-Montrachet 2010

Oeufs en Meurette
Drouhin Griotte-Chambertin 1969

Ris de Veau Financiere
Armelle et Bernard Rion Clos de Vougeot 1990

Bavette
Dujac Clos Saint-Denis 2001