2016 Tenuta di Nozzole Chianti Classico Riserva
2016 Tenuta di Nozzole Chianti Classico Riserva
Replies sorted oldest to newest
2018 Field Recordings PETS Petite Sirah.
2018 Pali Grenache Blanc
2011 Lopez de Heredia Cubillo
2015 Right Hand Man Syrah
2012 Produttori Del Barbaresco, Barbaresco
had an '08 recently Steve. Took 2-3 hours but still so young.
Ya, I should have known better. I find the single vineyard reserves drink younger than the normale.
2018 Pedernales Cellars Tempranillo
2011 Domaine Notre Dame des Pallieres Gigondas.
2017 Domaine de Piaugier Gigondas
2002 Ferrari-Carano Cabernet Sauvignon Alexander Valley
Celebrating a buddy’s 50th and the Padres playoff win:
2008 Dom Perignon
NV Hebert Blanc de Blancs
2018 Walter Hansel Estate Chardonnay
2018 Big table farm Chardonnay “the wild bee”
1993 Dunn Howell Mountain
2013 Cade Reserve Howell Mountain
Weller 12 Year.
2010 Carpineto, Vino Nobile de Montepulciano, Riserva
2018 Domaine Chaintreuil Fleurie La Madone.
2009 Faustino I Gran Reserva rioja
2010 Lopez de Heredia Tondonia Rosado rioja
2012 Pegau cuvée Laurence cdp
2006 Lopez de Heredia Tondonia blanco rioja
2017 Coudoulet de Beaucastel red cdr
2011 Lopez de Heredia Cubillo rioja
2015 Domaine Carneros Le Ciel Serein Pinot Noir with Carbonnade a la Flamande
nice OTW - how was the '04 showing?
2010 Marcel Deiss Grasberg - I'm done with Deiss. Too much sugar.
2005 Dirler-Cade Riesling Kessler Heisse Wanne Grand cru - Enjoyable but a touch flat and was expecting more.
2006 Gaja Promis
2013 Tignanello - very well made wine not worth the tariff
2004 Uccelliera Brunello di Montalcino - showing beautifully
2018 Envinate Migan
2017 Koncho Rkatsiteli - thanks vinoevelo. I popped my Georgian wine cherry and I liked it...alot
2017 Pedro Parra Pencopolitano - again thanks to vinoevelo. Cannot believe it but I ordered a case of Chilean wine after trying this. Mrs. M insisted.
2012 Kanta (Egon Müller-Scharzhof) Riesling Adelaide Hills. Dry, but with some sweet citrus in the background. Very, very good Riesling, well within its drinking window. Glad we have more.
2019 Allan Scott Sauvignon Blanc. I still like these tangy Kiwi wines occasionally.
2000 Calon Segur
2009 Goretti, Sagrantino di Montefalco
2015 Godelia Mencia
The Goretti was definitely showing the best.
Over the weekend
2015 4Kilos Tanuki Bob
2017 Koncho Rkatsiteli
2018 Diego Conterno Langhe Nebbiolo 'Baluma'
2017 Tiberio Montepulciano D'Abbruzzo
1998 Castello dei Rampolla Vigna d'Alceo
2009 Schrader T6 Cab
2016 Peter Michael-Ma Belle Fille Chard
1997 Robert Mondavi Winery Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve
2018 nickel and nickel truchard
Lovely buttery notes w a clean lemon rind acidity. Touch too heavy on the oak though
Over the weekend:
2001 Altesino Montosoli BdM - not the best bottle. More tired than others I’ve had
2009 Querce Bettina BdM - drinking well at the moment. Secondary and tertiary aromas and flavors. A real treat. No cork issues on any of these I’ve opened.
- 2003 Dom Pérignon- more fruit, less steel and mineral than other vintages I’ve had, but very tasty
- 2014 Kutch Chardonnay Sonoma Coast - very nice, clear nectarine note with lemony acidity, pear, mineral, kind of like Chablis meets Puligny if that makes sense, tasty
- 2013 Y - the dry wine of Chateau D’Yquem, a powerhouse of tropical fruit flavours, rich and light at the same time, mineral, perfect acidity, very long finish. A Great Wine. WOTN for me, but barely.
- 2018 Ossian Verdejo Quintaluna - from Spain, pear, papaya, bit of vanilla, balanced, clean finish. Sample bottle for restaurant consideration, I’d buy this off a list, would be great with variety of fish or seafood
- 2006 Dom. Fourrier Chambolle-Musigny 1er Cru Les Gruenchers - cherry, smoke, anise, excellent acidity, smooth, long finish, outstanding
- 2006 Bruno Clair Grand Cru Chambertin Clos de Beze - dark and brooding, opened slowly, Byng cherry, berries, anise, clove, plush, velvety, a bit firm on the very long finish. Although every sip seemed a bit better than the last, could probably use a few more years surprisingly. Magnificent.
- 1999 Albert Mann Tokay Pinot Gris Altenbourg Selection de Grains Nobles - beautiful colour, beautiful nose, pear, peach, mango, cinnamon, roasted marshmallow, rich and unctuous, very long finish, great ending to a long meal
Tonight, 2002 Heredia Tondonia Reserva, cherry, plum, tobacco, tannins resolved so smooth, lovely wine
Very nice Seaquam.
last night: 2105 Bernard Baudry Chinon les granges
2018 Domaine de Durban Vaucluse Blanc - 50/50 chard/viognier, perfume. lime and mineral.
2017 Raul Perez, Bierzo, La Vizcaina, La del Vivo
Very tasty and would buy again.
NV Boizel Champagne Rose - really nice berry fruit with an elegant bead, balanced and slightly firm toasty backbone. 91.
2014 K Syrah Powerline - absolutely delicious. One of the better expressions of a new world wine unashamed for what it is, while still showing some respect to the northern Rhône. It had a 30 minute decant prior to transport, and was enjoyed over a couple of hours. These will certainly go a few years but for my palate, it’s spectacular now. Glad to have one more bottle. 93-94.