2010 Glenelly Estate Grand Vin

Weirdly compelling. Better on the second night. 36% Shiraz, 34% Cab Sauv, 20% Merlot, and 10% Petit Verdot for good measure. The Shiraz gives it spice and blue fruit, the Cab adds some red and black fruit, and the Merlot gives it a soft, round mouth feel. Good acidity, not much in the way of tannins.
14 Mending Wall yesterday. Decanted 1/2 bottle and drank over the course of about 5 hours. Opened up nicely about 1/2 way through. Looking forward to the '15 single vineyard.

NV Robitussin DM today. Port-like viscosity, bright, fresh maraschino cherry color, notes of cherry and raspberry candy. Long, thick, heavy menthol finish.

Hoping the remaining 1/2 bottle of MW in the fridge holds until my sense of smell and taste returns.
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
quote:
Originally posted by vinodude:
2000 chateau cap de faugeres

How good and how ready?

Very good considering the price of admission. Bought 2 cases way back when and only have a few left. Imo it's drinking better now than ever. Working my way through a case of 03 as well. Its hard to beat for the price if your looking for something with a rt bank profile.
Picked up a 2014 substance cabernet to test drive tonight. In the past I've found good value and enjoyment in some low cost wa state cabs. I was curious to see if this could still be true. So far this is a winner at $15. Be willing to bet that put into a blind line-up it would surprise quite a few winos.
quote:
Originally posted by eyesintime:
2015 Max Ferd Richter Brauneberger Juffer Riesling Kabinett Fass 4

So fricken good. I purchased just under a mixed case of the Richter 2015s (Kabinett and Spatlese) and if they're all at least this good I will be very happy.
Nice! I bet you're pleased with the rest of your bottles.
quote:
quote:
quote:

How good and how ready?

Very good considering the price of admission. Bought 2 cases way back when and only have a few left. Imo it's drinking better now than ever. Working my way through a case of 03 as well. Its hard to beat for the price if your looking for something with a rt bank profile.
I may have opened my 2000's too soon. I do have a couple bottles left, but the one's I've opened have not been giving very much. In my opinion, the 1998's are singing a lovely song right now. Glad I have a 6 pack of those left to open and share!
quote:
Originally posted by max:
quote:
quote:
quote:

How good and how ready?

I may have opened my 2000's too soon. I do have a couple bottles left, but the one's I've opened have not been giving very much. In my opinion, the 1998's are singing a lovely song right now. Glad I have a 6 pack of those left to open and share!

Maybe. I feel i did as well.
quote:
Picked up a 2014 substance cabernet to test drive tonight. In the past I've found good value and enjoyment in some low cost wa state cabs. I was curious to see if this could still be true. So far this is a winner at $15. Be willing to bet that put into a blind line-up it would surprise quite a few winos.

Good to know. My local Costco carries it.
Celebrating my in-laws 53rd anniversary.

2004 Bollinger Grande Annee - loved the toasted richness

2010 M. Chapoutier St. Joseph Blanc Les Granits - decanted for an hour and showed exotic, oily, and smokey nuances. Seemed to still be hiding and the oak could be integrated a touch more but imo it was very enjoyable with food. I'd have to think it will improve with time. My father in law is used to drinking heavily oaked and extracted cali chardonnays thought it was thin.

1986 Diamond Creek Red Rock Terrace magnum - much fuller and complete than a Volcanic Hill from mag opened earlier this year. Just a good wine in a very good place.
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
2012 M. Chapoutier, Cotes du Roussillon, Domaine de Bila-Haut, Occultum Lapidem

Drinking well.

I bought a case after tasting the 2010s. I think the 2012s still need a little time, but I haven't had one for 4 or 5 months.
quote:
Originally posted by mangiare:

2010 M. Chapoutier St. Joseph Blanc Les Granits - decanted for an hour and showed exotic, oily, and smokey nuances. Seemed to still be hiding and the oak could be integrated a touch more but imo it was very enjoyable with food. I'd have to think it will improve with time. My father in law is used to drinking heavily oaked and extracted cali chardonnays thought it was thin.

1986 Diamond Creek Red Rock Terrace magnum - much fuller and complete than a Volcanic Hill from mag opened earlier this year. Just a good wine in a very good place.

you're a generous man mangiare... i just loaded up on some crappy inexpensive off-dry Rieslings for when my in-laws visit over thanksgiving.
quote:
Originally posted by mangiare:

Cool Nice choices!
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
quote:
Originally posted by Uncle John:
2005 Penfolds St. Henri Shiraz.

How was this UJ? I've got a couple of bottles in the cellar and was thinking about popping one soon.

• 2005 Penfolds Shiraz St. Henri - Australia, South Australia (10/2/2017)
    In a sweet spot now at 12 years of age. Beautiful Shiraz with dark fruit, soft mid palate and a long smooth finish. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker
Last night. Started with six of us at my office and then wandered over for dinner at Chantecler.

2015 Raventos i Blanc l’Hereu
2015 Tenuta delle Terre Nere Etna Bianco Calderara Sottana
2015 Pichler-Krutzler Riesling Trum
20xx Château Mont-Redon Châteauneuf-du-Pape Blanc
2012 Tenuta delle Terre Nere Etna Rosso Prephylloxera La Vigna di Don Peppino
1998 Maison Roche de Bellene Santenay 1er Cru Beaurepaire Collection Bellenum
1999 Domaine Bruno Clavelier Chambolle-Musigny 1er Cru La Combe d'Orveau Vieilles Vignes
2004 Castello di Ama Chianti Classico Riserva

Missing the vintage on the CdP Blanc.
quote:
Originally posted by sunnylea57:
Last night. Started with six of us at my office and then wandered over for dinner at Chantecler.

2015 Raventos i Blanc l’Hereu

2012 Tenuta delle Terre Nere Etna Rosso Prephylloxera La Vigna di Don Peppino

nice line up - any impressions on the two noted above?

Add Reply

Likes (0)