quote:
Originally posted by Bytown Rick:
From Laughing Stock Vineyards in the Okanagan Valley of British Columbia, on their way to me:

2012 Portfolio
2012 Blind Trust
2012 Syrah

Rick


Did you notice that in the next release, Vintages is offering a limited supply of the 2012 Portfolio. I don't know what you paid but it is listed at $52.95.

In my experience, LCBO always levies a hefty mark up on BC wines. Mad
quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Hayes:
quote:
Originally posted by Bytown Rick:
From Laughing Stock Vineyards in the Okanagan Valley of British Columbia, on their way to me:

2012 Portfolio
2012 Blind Trust
2012 Syrah

Rick


Did you notice that in the next release, Vintages is offering a limited supply of the 2012 Portfolio. I don't know what you paid but it is listed at $52.95.

In my experience, LCBO always levies a hefty mark up on BC wines. Mad


I paid my Portfolio $35 "en primeur". Not sure I would pay $53, but at $35 this is a no-brainer.
3 x 2008 Alain Hudelot-Noellat Nuits St. Georges 1er Cru Aux Murgers
1 x 2000 Réserve de la Comtesse
2 x 2009 Azienda Agricola Montevertine Le Pergole Torte Toscana IGT
2 x N.V. Pierre Paillard Champagne Brut Grand Cru
2 x 2008 Stratus Riesling Icewine 375ml
quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Hayes:
quote:
Originally posted by Bytown Rick:
From Laughing Stock Vineyards in the Okanagan Valley of British Columbia, on their way to me:

2012 Portfolio
2012 Blind Trust
2012 Syrah

Rick


Did you notice that in the next release, Vintages is offering a limited supply of the 2012 Portfolio. I don't know what you paid but it is listed at $52.95.

In my experience, LCBO always levies a hefty mark up on BC wines. Mad


It's now $45, with free shipping on a case.

Rick
QUESTION: I got an offer for 2009 Wolf Blass Platinum Label Shiraz $55 USD., $48 for the 2008.

2009 looks like an off vintage for Barossa, but the WB Platinum Shiraz got a 93 from WS. At the price it seems worth trying a couple.

I don't buy enough Aussie shiraz to gauge this. I have liked the Platinum Shiraz in previous tastings but like it more at $55 than $100+.

What do you think? Paging VinT.
quote:
Originally posted by VinCentric:
QUESTION: I got an offer for 2009 Wolf Blass Platinum Label Shiraz $55 USD., $48 for the 2008.

2009 looks like an off vintage for Barossa, but the WB Platinum Shiraz got a 93 from WS. At the price it seems worth trying a couple.

I don't buy enough Aussie shiraz to gauge this. I have liked the Platinum Shiraz in previous tastings but like it more at $55 than $100+.

What do you think? Paging VinT.


i like it

but i dont know even payin 55$ for it
regardless of the vintage.

simply because d'arenberg makes a dead arm that you can get on sale at 25-35$

it's unapologetically fruity, forward, crowd pleaser with some nice silky tannins to keep it interesting and mkae you think it's complex.

But you can get that with alot of aussie shirazs so i dont give it points on "complexity"

the nose is a bit lacking acutally and you can pick up that sweet smelling nose on a yellow tail reserve in my opinion. None of that cool pronounced eucalytus nose you get on the grange or the dead arm'

basically, i'd pay 30$ for a bottle like this 50$ after taxes would be my absolute tops.
quote:
Originally posted by dzitt:
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
2011 Venus La Universal, Montsant, Dido (red)
2010 Adega Dos Eidos, Albarino, Veigas de Padrinan


Wait for next Saturday, you will save 10% Wink


Yesterday was 10% off for 3 bottles of Spanish wine. Smile
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
quote:
Originally posted by dzitt:
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
2011 Venus La Universal, Montsant, Dido (red)
2010 Adega Dos Eidos, Albarino, Veigas de Padrinan


Wait for next Saturday, you will save 10% Wink


Yesterday was 10% off for 3 bottles of Spanish wine. Smile


Didn't get the name / origin of the wines before posting I guess
quote:
Originally posted by Eb56:
quote:
Originally posted by Danyull:
quote:
Originally posted by Eb56:
2011 DRC La Tache


You were DYING to post this I bet!

Big Grin


Was actually hoping for one of their more "affordable" wines to be honest.


Sell it and buy some of the 'cheapies'
quote:
Originally posted by Machine:
quote:
Originally posted by Eb56:
quote:
Originally posted by Danyull:
quote:
Originally posted by Eb56:
2011 DRC La Tache


You were DYING to post this I bet!

Big Grin


Was actually hoping for one of their more "affordable" wines to be honest.


Sell it and buy some of the 'cheapies'


Paying it forward.
quote:
Originally posted by Eb56:
quote:
Originally posted by Machine:
quote:
Originally posted by Eb56:
quote:
Originally posted by Danyull:
quote:
Originally posted by Eb56:
2011 DRC La Tache


You were DYING to post this I bet!

Big Grin


Was actually hoping for one of their more "affordable" wines to be honest.


Sell it and buy some of the 'cheapies'


Paying it forward.

Bless you, brother.....
quote:
Originally posted by Parcival:
I didn't even know you could double up across the different offer descriptions.


Unless stated otherwise (like the strict case limit when the '08's were released), yes. At least, it better be yes, this year, if you get my drift. Wink
2004 Latour Corton Charlemagne Grand Cru Blanc
2009 Latour Corton Charlemagne Grand Cru Blanc
2002 and 2010 Conn Creek Anthology
2010 Robert Sinskey Carneros PN
2010 Robert Sinskey Aries PN
2010 Dunn Napa Valley Cabernet
2008 Atamisque Assemblage
2010 Molly Dooker the Scooter Merlot (17%)
2002 Warres LBV Port
2010 Eric Kent Small Town Pinot Noir
2012 Bonny Doon A Proper Claret
quote:
Originally posted by VinCentric:
quote:
Originally posted by mangiare:
Did I miss something or did vinoevelo not post this week?


Must have been the sinus infection. Anticipate double volume next week to make up. Razz


edited: realized this was buying, not drinking thread. nope. nothing this week. but it is only monday.
quote:
Originally posted by Parcival:
quote:
Originally posted by AllRed:
12 bottles and 2 mags of:

2012 Thomas Pinot Noir Dundee Hills


went the full case option.

I didn't even know you could double up across the different offer descriptions. Love this juice
I went with the joe 5 pack.
quote:
Originally posted by AllRed:
quote:
Originally posted by Sharkey:
quote:
Originally posted by AllRed:
12 bottles and 2 mags of:

2012 Thomas Pinot Noir Dundee Hills


So when is the Thomas / d'Yquem party?


Come on up...we'll put something together! Big Grin


That would be a fun dinner!
quote:
Originally posted by Merengue:
quote:
Originally posted by Wine Sparty:
2012 Thomas Pinot Noir Dundee Hills - 8 bottles and 2 mags (aka The Full Monty)


Half a case for me. First time buyer. Surprised and extremely happy that i was allocated.


I'm still wavering between half case and the Full Monty.
quote:
Originally posted by Danyull:
quote:
Originally posted by Merengue:
quote:
Originally posted by Wine Sparty:
2012 Thomas Pinot Noir Dundee Hills - 8 bottles and 2 mags (aka The Full Monty)


Half a case for me. First time buyer. Surprised and extremely happy that i was allocated.




I'm still wavering between half case and the Full Monty.


It was a tough decision for me. I did it due to storage limits and the fact that i have not tried it and that if i like it i will keep buying future vintages while i probably have not even touched or started drinking the 2012s.
quote:
Originally posted by Merengue:
Half a case for me. First time buyer. Surprised and extremely happy that i was allocated.


Just to clarify, since I've seen this mentioned multiple times, receipt of the post card is not the same as being allocated wine. The post card is simply an offer of sale. To my knowledge, it is first-come-first-served and not guaranteed.
quote:
Originally posted by Sharkey:
quote:
Originally posted by Merengue:
Half a case for me. First time buyer. Surprised and extremely happy that i was allocated.


Just to clarify, since I've seen this mentioned multiple times, receipt of the post card is not the same as being allocated wine. The post card is simply an offer of sale. To my knowledge, it is first-come-first-served and not guaranteed.

Do you know people that have been offered wine and not received it and/or had their check returned? I had always assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that he offered enough that he could fulfill the orders he received.
quote:
Originally posted by Wine Sparty:
quote:
Originally posted by Sharkey:
quote:
Originally posted by Merengue:
Half a case for me. First time buyer. Surprised and extremely happy that i was allocated.


Just to clarify, since I've seen this mentioned multiple times, receipt of the post card is not the same as being allocated wine. The post card is simply an offer of sale. To my knowledge, it is first-come-first-served and not guaranteed.

Do you know people that have been offered wine and not received it and/or had their check returned? I had always assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that he offered enough that he could fulfill the orders he received.


WS - to your point, I think JT does try to fulfill requests he gets from his post card mail outs. I once got my check back ~2 weeks after receiving the card and still got my full requested allocation.

My hunch is that if you wait too long, he may run out. But, I don't think this is a Marcassin situation where you literally have to get your payment back in the mail within a day or two

That said, he seems like a good guy on the phone. Probably pretty easy to find out directly from him what the scoop is
quote:
Originally posted by Parcival:
WS - to your point, I think JT does try to fulfill requests he gets from his post card mail outs. I once got my check back ~2 weeks after receiving the card and still got my full requested allocation.

My hunch is that if you wait too long, he may run out. But, I don't think this is a Marcassin situation where you literally have to get your payment back in the mail within a day or two

That said, he seems like a good guy on the phone. Probably pretty easy to find out directly from him what the scoop is

That's the vibe I got as well. I would assume all of us that got our orders sent in this week are pretty safe.
quote:
Originally posted by Wine Sparty:
I had always assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that he offered enough that he could fulfill the orders he received.


John has no idea of how many orders or the size of the orders he will receive, when he sends out the postcards. Thus, by definition, your assumption is incorrect.

To repeat, this it NOT an allocation -- i.e., it is not like Rhys, where you have a specified number of bottles allocated to you, if you so choose to by them.

That being said, John is a great guy. I've had the pleasure of visiting the vineyard and cellar. And, the 2012 vintage is the largest harvest that John has had in at least the past 5 or 6 years. I am not implying that I think people won't get wine. I am simply saying that people are mistaken when they continue to refer to receipt of the postcard as an allocation.
Many offerings are just that - an offer to buy wine without a guaranteed allocation. Unless plainly indicated, I assume that it is first come first served and send off my order ASAP.

I ended up going with the Joe 5 pack.

At LWS I picked up:

02 Piper Heidsieck Cuvee Rare
11 Spottswoode cab

Waiting to fill out my KB single vineyard allocation.
quote:
Originally posted by Red guy in a blue state:
Many offerings are just that - an offer to buy wine without a guaranteed allocation. Unless plainly indicated, I assume that it is first come first served and send off my order ASAP.

I ended up going with the Joe 5 pack.

At LWS I picked up:

02 Piper Heidsieck Cuvee Rare
11 Spottswoode cab

Waiting to fill out my KB single vineyard allocation.


Which singles did you get allocated. A good friend who has been on their list for over 10 years and buys about 6 cases a year was pissed that he didnt get any of a few singles he wanted. Curious what others were allocated.
My friend didnt get the 4 Barrel or Cohn either. He buys a ton every year for himself and for a bunch of us he shares with. He's making a call.

Unrelated, but I finally made the reserve list for Kanzler Vineyards whose allocations come out on Friday. Thats my favorite and Ive been maxing my allocation for a few years. I picked up my case in person this year so maybe that tipped the scale for meSmile
quote:
Originally posted by Sharkey:
quote:
Originally posted by Merengue:
Half a case for me. First time buyer. Surprised and extremely happy that i was allocated.


Just to clarify, since I've seen this mentioned multiple times, receipt of the post card is not the same as being allocated wine. The post card is simply an offer of sale. To my knowledge, it is first-come-first-served and not guaranteed.


Oh shut. And here i was all hot and bothered.
quote:
Originally posted by Wine Sparty:
quote:
Originally posted by fusionstorm:
My full allocation of:

12 x 2012 Scarecrow M. Étain (6 pack & 3 of the 2 packs)

Wow, going big!

The 6 pack is destined for a coworker who hasn't yet cracked the M. Étain or Scarecrow lists. I like M Étain, but even in what's expected to be a very good vintage, throwing down for 12 of my own wasn't likely.

I'll be seeing the F&B Director at my country club tomorrow, and will confirm if he plans to get some bottles as well. Would like to "baby kill" one of these similar to how I partook of the 2011 vintage:

M Étain infanticide
Kitchen Aid at home, but the cottage is all gas appliances, and thought we'd change it up a bit. I hope the Wolf is as reliable as our KA. The Wolf has a convection gas oven and infrared broiler. Reviews looked promising but you never know. We'll have to have you and C. join us sometime and check it out.
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
A new Wolf 36" 6 burner gas stove for the cottage. Time to start entertaining up there again in the New Year. It's been too long since our last Wine Guy Weekend (WGW).


Good to see you have your priorities in order Smile. Insert envy emoticon here re: cooking on Wolf at the cottage!

The cottage wine guy weekends are great.
quote:
Originally posted by VinCentric:
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
A new Wolf 36" 6 burner gas stove for the cottage. Time to start entertaining up there again in the New Year. It's been too long since our last Wine Guy Weekend (WGW).


Good to see you have your priorities in order Smile. Insert envy emoticon here re: cooking on Wolf at the cottage!

The cottage wine guy weekends are great.


If there is a line up forming to be able to cook on that, I'm in it.
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
A new Wolf 36" 6 burner gas stove for the cottage. Time to start entertaining up there again in the New Year. It's been too long since our last Wine Guy Weekend (WGW).

Cool Much too long, indeed.
Congrats on the Wolf purchase, Dok. You'll love it.
quote:
Originally posted by Seaquam:
- 2005 Cedric Bouchard Roses de Jeanne Champagne Blanc de Blancs La Bolorée X2

I was surprised to see this in my market. (For any locals seeing this, there's a small amount at the Cambie St store only.)
nice. awesome wine
2010 Mascarello, Barbera D'Alba, Scudetto
2010 Benjamin Romeo, Rioja, La Cueva del Contador
2012 WillaKenzie Estate, Pinot Gris
2011 Cantina Terlan, Pinot Bianco, Vorberg Riserva
2010 Bodegas Del Abad, Bierzo, Carracedo
2010 La Braccesca, Vino Nobile de Montepulciano
2011 Laughing Stock, Portfolio
2012 Shaw & Smith, Chardonnay, M3 Adelaide Hills
quote:
Originally posted by Sharkey:
quote:
Originally posted by Parcival:
I didn't even know you could double up across the different offer descriptions.


Unless stated otherwise (like the strict case limit when the '08's were released), yes. At least, it better be yes, this year, if you get my drift. Wink


JT must be camped out next to his post office box. I sent my check on Monday, from St. Louis. It cleared my bank yesterday. I interpret that to mean that deux Full Monty's are headed my way. Banana
1 x 2010 Paolo Scavino Cannubi
1 x 2010 E. Pira & Figli (Chiara Boschis) Cannubi
1 x 2010 E. Pira & Figli (Chiara Boschis) Mosconi
1 x 2009 E. Pira & Figli (Chiara Boschis) Mosconi
1 x 2010 E. Pira & Figli (Chiara Boschis) Via Nuova
1 x 2012 Giacomo Conterno Barbera d'Alba Francia (with the new designations, "Cascina" has been dropped from this vineyard's name starting with the 2012 Barbera and 2010 Barolo)
quote:
Originally posted by Wine Sparty:
2012 Rudius Bedrock Red Wine x3
2012 Rudius Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley x3


I'm assuming you passed on Knockmore due to the price of the 3 pack minimum. Too bad. I would have gladly bought one, maybe two. But at 400$ for the 3 pack, something had to give.
quote:
Originally posted by sunnylea57:
Final purchase of the vacay:

1989 Guasti Clemente Barolo
1974 Guasti Clemente Barolo

I've lost track of the number of bottles but I hope when you go through Customs you have the otw horseshoe properly inserted.
quote:
Originally posted by VinT:
quote:
Originally posted by sunnylea57:
Final purchase of the vacay:

1989 Guasti Clemente Barolo
1974 Guasti Clemente Barolo

I've lost track of the number of bottles but I hope when you go through Customs you have the otw horseshoe properly inserted.


You betcha. And I'm glad he wears small shoes.
quote:
Originally posted by Azwiese:
quote:
Originally posted by Wine Sparty:
2012 Rudius Bedrock Red Wine x3
2012 Rudius Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley x3


I'm assuming you passed on Knockmore due to the price of the 3 pack minimum. Too bad. I would have gladly bought one, maybe two. But at 400$ for the 3 pack, something had to give.


Azwiese,

If you want any of my allocation, to include the Knockmore, let me know.
quote:
Originally posted by Azwiese:
quote:
Originally posted by Wine Sparty:
2012 Rudius Bedrock Red Wine x3
2012 Rudius Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley x3


I'm assuming you passed on Knockmore due to the price of the 3 pack minimum. Too bad. I would have gladly bought one, maybe two. But at 400$ for the 3 pack, something had to give.

You're exactly right. My budget has been tighter lately, and even though I like Rudius wines, that was a bit much to take on at this point. I thought it was strange that they went to the 3-packs, as I don't recall that in any of the prior releases.
I was out with the family doing some shopping this weekend and stumbled onto a new wine shop. Hipster selection overall with a big organic section but I did find some old friends:

2010 Vincent Dauvissat Chablis 1er Cru La Forest
2010 Vincent Dauvissat Chablis 1er Cru Vaillons
quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:
I was out with the family doing some shopping this weekend and stumbled onto a new wine shop. Hipster selection overall with a big organic section but I did find some old friends:

2010 Vincent Dauvissat Chablis 1er Cru La Forest
2010 Vincent Dauvissat Chablis 1er Cru Vaillons


Very nice. What was the name of the shop?
quote:
Originally posted by mangiare:

2006 Jamet Cote Rotie 750mls and mags


I bought a bunch of these also. I've been very impressed with this vintage for Jamet, certainly better than the next 2 vintages, with lots of fruit and mineral. I've already had 2 or 3 bottles, and while it has the stuffing to go for a long time, it's pretty good now, too. Smile
quote:
Originally posted by Shane T.:
quote:
Originally posted by Azwiese:
quote:
Originally posted by Wine Sparty:
2012 Rudius Bedrock Red Wine x3
2012 Rudius Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley x3


I'm assuming you passed on Knockmore due to the price of the 3 pack minimum. Too bad. I would have gladly bought one, maybe two. But at 400$ for the 3 pack, something had to give.


Azwiese,

If you want any of my allocation, to include the Knockmore, let me know.


Shane, if you are getting a 3 pack, we can definitely do another trade. But don't get it because of me. I've got plenty of Rudius to suffice.
quote:
Originally posted by Shane T.:
quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:
I was out with the family doing some shopping this weekend and stumbled onto a new wine shop. Hipster selection overall with a big organic section but I did find some old friends:

2010 Vincent Dauvissat Chablis 1er Cru La Forest
2010 Vincent Dauvissat Chablis 1er Cru Vaillons


Very nice. What was the name of the shop?
LCA wines. In the SoCo collection in Costa Mesa.
This is embarrassing but I didn't remember buying (actually looking back I thought I had intentionally missed it) my 2012 Schrader allocation. I just got the email that my order is shipping, so it looks like I've got some RBS and LPV!

Thankfully it looks like I paid for it back in Jan and don't have to now!
Some for the cellar and some to defend the cellar

2010 La Jota Cabernet @ $56
2009 Mount Eden Cabernet x 2 @ $44
2011 Ridge Lytton Petite Sirah @ $24
2010 Andrew Will Cabernet Franc @ $23
2012 Corvidae Cabenet Franc Keeper x 2 @ $14
2012 Corvidae Syrah Lenore x 3 @ $10.50
2012 Charles Smith Chateau Smith Cabernet x 2 @ $13
2012 Patz & Hall Sonoma Coast Chardonnay x 2 @ $24
2010 Nikolaihoff Gruner Veltliner Hefeabzug x 3 @ $20
2010 Janasse CdP Cuvee Chaupin @ $68
2005 Roger Sabon CdP Reserve @ $40
2010 Andre Brunel CdR Cuvee Sabrine x 2 @ $12
2012 Clos du Mont Olivet CdP Blanc @ $28
2012 Hamilton Russell Chardonnay x 2 @ $22.50
2010 Hamilton Russell Pinot Noir @ $25.50
2010 Mendoza Malbec Gran Reserva x 2 @ $16
quote:
Originally posted by Jorgerunfast:
quote:
Originally posted by EMark:
3 X Patine 2012 Gap's Crown PN.

Anything made by Mike Smith must be checked out.


Went on the website and couldn't find much about the style... any experience on this? Alcohol levels? Huge KB-style wine, or more restrained?

Patine is a new project by mike with the announcer of the NHL LA kings. They use many of the same vineyards as ancillary which is Mike's partnership with Mark Carter. Both are really solid wines, especially the Gap's Crown vineyard.
Bi-Annual St. Michelle promotion my company runs.

2004 Conn Creek Anthology
2007 St. Michelle Artist Series Meritage
2010 Spring Valley Vineyard Frederick
2010 Northstar Stella Maris (x4)
2009 C.S.M Ethos Reserve Syrah
2011 Columbia Crest Walter Clore Red Blend
2010 C.S.M Austural Red Blend
2011 Seven Falls Merlot (x3)
2011 C.S.M Cold Creek Merlot
2010 Villa Mt. Eden Pinot Noir
2010 Erath Pinot Noir Pommard
2010 Northstar Malbec
7 x 2013 CVNE Monopole Blanc- a WS smart buy
Thomas Matthews 90 points. Marked down at LCBO to $13.95

Excellent with my grilled walleye tonight and any seafood. A very nice QPR for a fruity, light, crispy and acidic white.

This would be great in the summer, on the deck, nicely chilled with some oysters or shrimp.
- 2010 Olivier Leflaive Meursault Narvaux X4
- 2006 Leroy (Maison, not Domaine) Meursault Les Perrieres
- 2009 Leroy Chassagne-Montrachet Les Baudines
- 2010 Marc Morey Chassagne-Montrachet Les Chevenottes
- 2011 Nautilus Pinot Noir (had this at a restaurant a few weeks ago, good QPR) X2
quote:
Originally posted by BOMBA503:
Drank a 98 Grange a few months back. It was great but no where near peak. We all felt it needed a lot more time in the cellar. Hang onto that one.


Thanks Bomba! Based on some recent reviews, some have mentioned that it has entered a "dumb" phase, so I will sit tight, until it is safe to come out.
quote:
Originally posted by Wine doc:
quote:
Originally posted by BOMBA503:
Drank a 98 Grange a few months back. It was great but no where near peak. We all felt it needed a lot more time in the cellar. Hang onto that one.


Thanks Bomba! Based on some recent reviews, some have mentioned that it has entered a "dumb" phase, so I will sit tight, until it is safe to come out.


You're welcome Doc! As much as it needs some additional time it was also clear it is destined for greatness. However, that night the WOTN was an 03 Alban Lorraine. Probably the best Syrah I've ever been fortunate enough to drink. It was singing and was gone before the Grange was halfway done.
Little K&L CdP shopping spree:

2 x 2001 Bois de Boursan 'Cuvee des Felix"
2 x 2001 Vieux Telegraph "La Crau" Rouge
2 x 2001 Roger Sabon "Cuvee Prestige"
1 x 2001 Chateau de Beaucastel Rouge
2 x 2004 Domaine de la Janasse 'Vielles Vignes'
2 x 2007 Domaine du Pegau 'Cuvee Reservee'
1 x 2009 Domaine du Pegau 'Cuvee Reservee'
1 x 2010 Raymond Usseglio "Cuvee Imperiale (Vigne Centenaires)"
Purchased some more port to go with my port tongs (85 and 94s most recently)
72 x 2010 Tomaiolo Toscana (2 cses were few others, 2 cases for wine samples to my wine geek friends and 2 case for me) At 9.00 not tax and no shipping fora great drinking wine its my dailydrinker and wine to impress :-)
Few undisclosed birth wines for son in 2011 vintage.
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
quote:
Originally posted by JDWest:
4 x 2010 Dunn HM
2 x 2011 Dominus
6 x 2007 Pertimali Livio Sassetti
2 x 2005 Leo Poy
1 x 1999 Ridge Monte Bello
1 x 2004 Ridge Monte Bello

Nice choices. All ought to be fantastic in due time.


Looks like the LCBO got a relatively small allocation of the Dunn. Wanted to grab some before they disappeared. Fortunately Summerhill had them out early.

Done for a while Dok. Although my cellar is feeling very young these days. Might have to do some exploring in NYC in a couple of weeks.
a tasting at a local shop resulted in buying:
6x 2011 Sancerre Génération XIX, Alphonse Mellot
6x 2011 Pouilly-Fumé Haute Densité, Chateau de Tracy
6x 2011 Chateau Branaire-Ducru, St.-Julien
6x 2011 Domaine de Chevalier (red), Pessasc-Léognan
12x 2011 Chateau Côte de Baleau, St.-Emilion
quote:
Originally posted by JDWest:
Looks like the LCBO got a relatively small allocation of the Dunn. Wanted to grab some before they disappeared. Fortunately Summerhill had them out early.


Over 800 bottles in current inventory. There never seems to be a huge urgency to grab the Dunn HM at the LCBO. They get plenty, and it doesn't disappear too quickly. And the price, while not cheap, is still not outrageously out of line with the US. Most US retailers have it for $90 = $100 CDN. Plus shipping, duty, hassle, yadda yadda... So I can live with $111 at the LCBO. I picked up a couple.
quote:
Originally posted by sunnylea57:
quote:
Originally posted by JDWest:
Looks like the LCBO got a relatively small allocation of the Dunn. Wanted to grab some before they disappeared. Fortunately Summerhill had them out early.


Over 800 bottles in current inventory. There never seems to be a huge urgency to grab the Dunn HM at the LCBO. They get plenty, and it doesn't disappear too quickly. And the price, while not cheap, is still not outrageously out of line with the US. Most US retailers have it for $90 = $100 CDN. Plus shipping, duty, hassle, yadda yadda... So I can live with $111 at the LCBO. I picked up a couple.


I,too, grabbed a few Dunn HM as well as a few other gems. LCBO always has a decent release at the end of October and early November in time for the holiday season.
quote:
Originally posted by sunnylea57:
quote:
Originally posted by JDWest:
Looks like the LCBO got a relatively small allocation of the Dunn. Wanted to grab some before they disappeared. Fortunately Summerhill had them out early.


Over 800 bottles in current inventory. There never seems to be a huge urgency to grab the Dunn HM at the LCBO. They get plenty, and it doesn't disappear too quickly. And the price, while not cheap, is still not outrageously out of line with the US. Most US retailers have it for $90 = $100 CDN. Plus shipping, duty, hassle, yadda yadda... So I can live with $111 at the LCBO. I picked up a couple.


Interesting. When I talked to the PC at Laird he had said there were very few. I guess he was referring to that store alone. None-the-less, $112 is not too bad for the Dunn HM.
Really more of a "what are you picking up?" post, since these were purchased between June and September, and I probably posted most of them when I first bought them.

But I did a Lewiston run today, which is always a bit like Christmas morning ("wow, my first Ornellaia!" and "wow, I don't even recall bidding on an Ornellaia!").

4 x 2002 Bollinger Grande Annee
1 x 1995 Tenuta dell'Ornellaia Bolgheri Superiore Ornellaia
2 x 1999 Castelgiocondo (Marchesi de' Frescobaldi) Brunello di Montalcino
2 x 2003 Domenico Clerico Ciabot Mentin Ginestra
1 x 2009 Podere Poggio Scalette Piantonaia Alta Valle della Greve IGT
1 x 2007 Rene Rostaing Cote Rotie Cote Blonde
2 x 1995 Chateau Pontet Canet
1 x 2000 Chateau Pontet Canet
1 x 2001 Chateau Pontet Canet
1 x 2002 Chateau Pontet Canet
1 x 2003 Chateau Pontet Canet
1 x 2004 Chateau Pontet Canet
1 x 2005 Chateau Pontet Canet
1 x 2006 Chateau Pontet Canet
1 x 2007 Chateau Pontet Canet
2 x 1987 Dunn Howell Mountain
1 x 1988 Dunn Howell Mountain 1.5L
1 x 2001 Dominus Estate
2 x 1998 La Rioja Alta Gran Reserva 890
1 x 1999 Bodega Numanthia Termes Toro Numanthia
6 x 2007 Conti Costanti Brunello di Montalcino Riserva
2 x 2006 Tenuta Col d'Orcia Brunello di Montalcino Riserva Poggio al Vento
2 x 1999 Tenuta Col d'Orcia Brunello di Montalcino Riserva Poggio al Vento
1 x 2010 Ledson Bellisimo
2 x 2012 Ledson Pinot Noir Reserve Russian River Valley
2 x 2011 Ledson Cabernet Sauvignon Howell Mountain
2 x 2011 Ledson Zinfandel Ancient Vines Reserve Sonoma Valley
1 x 2012 Ledson Chardonnay Reserve Carneros
1 x 2012 Ledson Chardonnay Mélange Russian River Valley
1 x 2011 Ledson Malbec Dry Creek Valley
quote:
Originally posted by sunnylea57:
Really more of a "what are you picking up?" post, since these were purchased between June and September, and I probably posted most of them when I first bought them.

But I did a Lewiston run today, which is always a bit like Christmas morning ("wow, my first Ornellaia!" and "wow, I don't even recall bidding on an Ornellaia!").

4 x 2002 Bollinger Grande Annee
1 x 1995 Tenuta dell'Ornellaia Bolgheri Superiore Ornellaia
2 x 1999 Castelgiocondo (Marchesi de' Frescobaldi) Brunello di Montalcino
2 x 2003 Domenico Clerico Ciabot Mentin Ginestra
1 x 2009 Podere Poggio Scalette Piantonaia Alta Valle della Greve IGT
1 x 2007 Rene Rostaing Cote Rotie Cote Blonde
2 x 1995 Chateau Pontet Canet
1 x 2000 Chateau Pontet Canet
1 x 2001 Chateau Pontet Canet
1 x 2002 Chateau Pontet Canet
1 x 2003 Chateau Pontet Canet
1 x 2004 Chateau Pontet Canet
1 x 2005 Chateau Pontet Canet
1 x 2006 Chateau Pontet Canet
1 x 2007 Chateau Pontet Canet
2 x 1987 Dunn Howell Mountain
1 x 1988 Dunn Howell Mountain 1.5L
1 x 2001 Dominus Estate
2 x 1998 La Rioja Alta Gran Reserva 890
1 x 1999 Bodega Numanthia Termes Toro Numanthia


Quite the run, Sunnylea57! Some great selections, there. More 1987 Dunn; mmmm.

Looks like its time for a Pontet Canet Vertical OL. Wink
quote:
Originally posted by sunnylea57:



4 x 2002 Bollinger Grande Annee
1 x 1995 Tenuta dell'Ornellaia Bolgheri Superiore Ornellaia
2 x 1999 Castelgiocondo (Marchesi de' Frescobaldi) Brunello di Montalcino

1 x 2009 Podere Poggio Scalette Piantonaia Alta Valle della Greve IGT
1 x 2007 Rene Rostaing Cote Rotie Cote Blonde


Bravo!
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
quote:
Originally posted by shavez:
2007 Costanti BdM Riserva

If anyone else is interested, Zachys has a great price on this right now ($59)...

Wow! That is a great price. How do you get them here?


I occasionally do the Lewiston run, but in this case I'll be taking advantage of one of my three business trips to NJ before year-end. The bottles are scheduled to arrive mid-November.
quote:
Originally posted by jhcwine:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by sunnylea57:
Really more of a "what are you picking up?" post, since these were purchased between June and September, and I probably posted most of them when I first bought them.

But I did a Lewiston run today, which is always a bit like Christmas morning ("wow, my first Ornellaia!" and "wow, I don't even recall bidding on an Ornellaia!").



Nice haul Sunnylea! Great comparison to Christmas morning when unpacking from a run like that!
quote:
Originally posted by Shane T.:
- (12) 2012 Thomas Pinot Noir Dundee Hills Big Grin


Hi, any idea around which date Thomas ships the fall orders?

Same question for those on Rhys mailinglist.


I am trying to figure out space constraints and when to ship stuff held at JJB.

Tia.
quote:
Originally posted by Merengue:
quote:
Originally posted by Shane T.:
- (12) 2012 Thomas Pinot Noir Dundee Hills Big Grin


Hi, any idea around which date Thomas ships the fall orders?

Same question for those on Rhys mailinglist.


I am trying to figure out space constraints and when to ship stuff held at JJB.

Tia.


I think they said they start shipping Nov. 1.

I just picked up my Rhys from the winery so they should start shipping soon.
- 2012 Georges Vernay Condrieu Coteau de Vernon
- 2012 Georges Vernay Condrieu Chaillees de l'Enfer
- 2011 Louis Clerc Condrieu
- 2009 Maison Leroy Puligny-Montrachet 1er Sous le Puits
- 2009 Vincent Girardin Moulin a Vent Clos de la Tour X6 (was surprised to find these, so I grabbed all they had Smile )
-
2008 Cade Estate Howell Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon
2012 Susana Balbo "Signature" Malbec Mendoza
2012 Brewer-Clifton Sta. Rita Hills Pinot Noir
2008 Tenuta Sette Ponti "Oreno" Toscana
2010 Brewer-Clifton Sta. Rita Hills Chardonnay
2011 Dierberg Santa Maria Valley Chardonnay
2012 Eyrie Vineyards "Estate Grown" Dundee Hills Chardonnay
2012 La Fenêtre "À Côté" Central Coast Pinot Noir
Michel Arnould Verzenay "Reserve" Brut Champagne
2010 Proprietà Sperino "Uvaggio" Costa della Sesia
2007 Giovanni Corino "Vigna Giachini" Barolo
2012 Siduri Santa Lucia Highlands Pinot Noir
2012 Pali Wine Company "Huntington" Santa Barbara County Pinot Noir
2012 Sandhi Sta. Rita Hills Pinot Noir
2012 Ponzi "Tavola" Willamette Valley Pinot Noir
2012 Joseph Jewell Russian River Valley Pinot Noir
2010 Chateau St. Jean "Cinq Cepages" Sonoma County Bordeaux Blend
2010 Flora Springs "Trilogy" Napa Valley Bordeaux Blend
(6) 2012 Thomas Pinot Dundee Hills
(12) 2012 Booker Fracture 24
(6) 2012 Booker Vertigo 24
(6) 2012 Booker The Ripper 24
(12) 2012 Shibumi Knoll Chardonnay
(3) 2009 Shibumi Knoll Pinot Noir
(3) 2011 Shafer Relentless
(1) 2000 Shafer Hillside Select (finally)
(1) 2008 Shafer Hillside Select
(3) 2012 Tor Cabernet Sauvignon Beckstoffer To Kalon
(1) 2011 Poetry Cabernet Sauvignon 1.5L
(6) 2013 Tensley Syrah Colson Canyon
(1) 2010 Sea Smoke Pinot Noir Ten
(1) 2002 Bond The Matriarch
(6) 2007 Jasmin Cote-Rotie

And finally, a good divorce lawyer because my wife will probably have a fit once all this arrives...
quote:
Originally posted by Danyull:
quote:
Originally posted by Merengue:
quote:
Originally posted by Shane T.:
- (12) 2012 Thomas Pinot Noir Dundee Hills Big Grin


Hi, any idea around which date Thomas ships the fall orders?

Same question for those on Rhys mailinglist.


I am trying to figure out space constraints and when to ship stuff held at JJB.

Tia.


I think they said they start shipping Nov. 1.

I just picked up my Rhys from the winery so they should start shipping soon.


Just got an email from Rhys noting a specific shipping date to me in MA (for arrival on Nov. 7). Last year's Thomas arrived to me the 3rd week of Nov.
quote:
Originally posted by dzitt:
quote:
Originally posted by Shane T.:

- 1979 Martin Ray Winery Lake Pinot Noir


Got his where ? 1979 is my birth year and I saw some on Wine-Searcher (WineBid actually...never bought there yet)


Yep, I snagged a few of these & some others from Winebid. I've never had an issue with them.

Add Reply

Likes (0)
×
×
×
×