quote:
Originally posted by Parcival:
I didn't even know you could double up across the different offer descriptions.

Unless stated otherwise (like the strict case limit when the '08's were released), yes. At least, it better be yes, this year, if you get my drift. Wink
2004 Latour Corton Charlemagne Grand Cru Blanc
2009 Latour Corton Charlemagne Grand Cru Blanc
2002 and 2010 Conn Creek Anthology
2010 Robert Sinskey Carneros PN
2010 Robert Sinskey Aries PN
2010 Dunn Napa Valley Cabernet
2008 Atamisque Assemblage
2010 Molly Dooker the Scooter Merlot (17%)
2002 Warres LBV Port
2010 Eric Kent Small Town Pinot Noir
2012 Bonny Doon A Proper Claret
quote:
Originally posted by VinCentric:
quote:
Originally posted by mangiare:
Did I miss something or did vinoevelo not post this week?

Must have been the sinus infection. Anticipate double volume next week to make up. Razz

edited: realized this was buying, not drinking thread. nope. nothing this week. but it is only monday.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by AllRed:
12 bottles and 2 mags of:

2012 Thomas Pinot Noir Dundee Hills

went the full case option.

I didn't even know you could double up across the different offer descriptions. Love this juice
I went with the joe 5 pack.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Sharkey:
quote:
12 bottles and 2 mags of:

2012 Thomas Pinot Noir Dundee Hills

So when is the Thomas / d'Yquem party?

Come on up...we'll put something together! Big Grin

That would be a fun dinner!
quote:
Originally posted by Merengue:
quote:
Originally posted by Wine Sparty:
2012 Thomas Pinot Noir Dundee Hills - 8 bottles and 2 mags (aka The Full Monty)

Half a case for me. First time buyer. Surprised and extremely happy that i was allocated.

I'm still wavering between half case and the Full Monty.
quote:
Originally posted by Danyull:
quote:
quote:
2012 Thomas Pinot Noir Dundee Hills - 8 bottles and 2 mags (aka The Full Monty)

Half a case for me. First time buyer. Surprised and extremely happy that i was allocated.

I'm still wavering between half case and the Full Monty.

It was a tough decision for me. I did it due to storage limits and the fact that i have not tried it and that if i like it i will keep buying future vintages while i probably have not even touched or started drinking the 2012s.
quote:

Just to clarify, since I've seen this mentioned multiple times, receipt of the post card is not the same as being allocated wine. The post card is simply an offer of sale. To my knowledge, it is first-come-first-served and not guaranteed.
quote:
quote:

Just to clarify, since I've seen this mentioned multiple times, receipt of the post card is not the same as being allocated wine. The post card is simply an offer of sale. To my knowledge, it is first-come-first-served and not guaranteed.

Do you know people that have been offered wine and not received it and/or had their check returned? I had always assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that he offered enough that he could fulfill the orders he received.
quote:
quote:
quote:

Do you know people that have been offered wine and not received it and/or had their check returned? I had always assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that he offered enough that he could fulfill the orders he received.

WS - to your point, I think JT does try to fulfill requests he gets from his post card mail outs. I once got my check back ~2 weeks after receiving the card and still got my full requested allocation.

My hunch is that if you wait too long, he may run out. But, I don't think this is a Marcassin situation where you literally have to get your payment back in the mail within a day or two

That said, he seems like a good guy on the phone. Probably pretty easy to find out directly from him what the scoop is
quote:
WS - to your point, I think JT does try to fulfill requests he gets from his post card mail outs. I once got my check back ~2 weeks after receiving the card and still got my full requested allocation.

My hunch is that if you wait too long, he may run out. But, I don't think this is a Marcassin situation where you literally have to get your payment back in the mail within a day or two

That said, he seems like a good guy on the phone. Probably pretty easy to find out directly from him what the scoop is

That's the vibe I got as well. I would assume all of us that got our orders sent in this week are pretty safe.
quote:
I had always assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that he offered enough that he could fulfill the orders he received.

John has no idea of how many orders or the size of the orders he will receive, when he sends out the postcards. Thus, by definition, your assumption is incorrect.

To repeat, this it NOT an allocation -- i.e., it is not like Rhys, where you have a specified number of bottles allocated to you, if you so choose to by them.

That being said, John is a great guy. I've had the pleasure of visiting the vineyard and cellar. And, the 2012 vintage is the largest harvest that John has had in at least the past 5 or 6 years. I am not implying that I think people won't get wine. I am simply saying that people are mistaken when they continue to refer to receipt of the postcard as an allocation.
Many offerings are just that - an offer to buy wine without a guaranteed allocation. Unless plainly indicated, I assume that it is first come first served and send off my order ASAP.

I ended up going with the Joe 5 pack.

At LWS I picked up:

02 Piper Heidsieck Cuvee Rare
11 Spottswoode cab

Waiting to fill out my KB single vineyard allocation.
quote:
Originally posted by Red guy in a blue state:
Many offerings are just that - an offer to buy wine without a guaranteed allocation. Unless plainly indicated, I assume that it is first come first served and send off my order ASAP.

I ended up going with the Joe 5 pack.

At LWS I picked up:

02 Piper Heidsieck Cuvee Rare
11 Spottswoode cab

Waiting to fill out my KB single vineyard allocation.

Which singles did you get allocated. A good friend who has been on their list for over 10 years and buys about 6 cases a year was pissed that he didnt get any of a few singles he wanted. Curious what others were allocated.
My friend didnt get the 4 Barrel or Cohn either. He buys a ton every year for himself and for a bunch of us he shares with. He's making a call.

Unrelated, but I finally made the reserve list for Kanzler Vineyards whose allocations come out on Friday. Thats my favorite and Ive been maxing my allocation for a few years. I picked up my case in person this year so maybe that tipped the scale for meSmile
quote:
quote:

Oh shut. And here i was all hot and bothered.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by fusionstorm:
My full allocation of:

12 x 2012 Scarecrow M. Étain (6 pack & 3 of the 2 packs)

Wow, going big!

The 6 pack is destined for a coworker who hasn't yet cracked the M. Étain or Scarecrow lists. I like M Étain, but even in what's expected to be a very good vintage, throwing down for 12 of my own wasn't likely.

I'll be seeing the F&B Director at my country club tomorrow, and will confirm if he plans to get some bottles as well. Would like to "baby kill" one of these similar to how I partook of the 2011 vintage:

M Étain infanticide

Add Reply

Likes (0)