October 2012: What are you drinking?

quote:
Originally posted by mareff:
Last night at the KIttleHouse

1982 Bordeaux

La Tour Haut Brion
Lynch Bages
Pichon Lalande
Grand Puy Lacoste (corked)
Branaire Ducru
Ducru Beaucaillou
Gruard Larose
Leoville Las Cases
Figeac (corked)
Magdelaine
Canon
Certain De May


Ouch...sorry to see two corked,but not too surprised.

Pichon Lalande may be my favorite '82 Bordeaux. How did it show?

Also, curious about the Certain de May. I have always found it to be an early maturing Bordeaux in general.
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
Also, curious about the Certain de May. I have always found it to be an early maturing Bordeaux in general.


Agreed. I can think of several vintages that never seemed to close down, most notably the excellent 1979 which was fine at age 5.
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by mareff:
Last night at the KIttleHouse

1982 Bordeaux

La Tour Haut Brion
Lynch Bages
Pichon Lalande
Grand Puy Lacoste (corked)
Branaire Ducru
Ducru Beaucaillou
Gruard Larose
Leoville Las Cases
Figeac (corked)
Magdelaine
Canon
Certain De May


Ouch...sorry to see two corked,but not too surprised.

Pichon Lalande may be my favorite '82 Bordeaux. How did it show?

Also, curious about the Certain de May. I have always found it to be an early maturing Bordeaux in general.


The Pichon showed some green like and herbaceous undertones but hands down one for WOTN. The CdM was paired with Canon and Magdelaine, the Canon was by far the winner of the flight. The CdM was full bodied but had some strange aftertastes, it was not a favorite overshadowed by the Canon.
NV pol roger champagne
1996 Crawford river Riesling henty
2003 bindi quartz chardonnay macedon
1994 dominus
1997 Joseph phelps insignia
1990 clos du mont Olivet pappet CdP
2007 Paul autard cuvée juline
1994 penfolds bin 707
1993 penfolds bin 389
1993 Wynn Michael coonawarre
1990 shiraz. Can't recall the name
2001 d'yquem
Some recent wines:

2009 Copain Syrah Les Voisins – Solid CA syrah

2011 Tablas Creek Vermentino – Always a nice and clean summer wine

2005 Château de Pibarnon Bandol – This was awesome, but it needs more time. I need more Bandol in the cellar
quote:
Originally posted by Gkapoor:
NV pol roger champagne
1996 Crawford river Riesling henty
2003 bindi quartz chardonnay macedon
1994 dominus
1997 Joseph phelps insignia
1990 clos du mont Olivet pappet CdP
2007 Paul autard cuvée juline
1994 penfolds bin 707
1993 penfolds bin 389
1993 Wynn Michael coonawarre
1990 shiraz. Can't recall the name
2001 d'yquem


You did all this half way around the world?
quote:
Originally posted by xhoser:
quote:
Originally posted by Gkapoor:
NV pol roger champagne
1996 Crawford river Riesling henty
2003 bindi quartz chardonnay macedon
1994 dominus
1997 Joseph phelps insignia
1990 clos du mont Olivet pappet CdP
2007 Paul autard cuvée juline
1994 penfolds bin 707
1993 penfolds bin 389
1993 Wynn Michael coonawarre
1990 shiraz. Can't recall the name
2001 d'yquem


You did all this half way around the world?


Makes business travel bearable Cool
Tonight during dinner with M/M thelostverse:

N.V. Bruno Paillard Champagne Rosé Brut Première Cuvée
2007 Ramey Chardonnay Hudson Vineyard
1999 Paloma Merlot

All showed very well. The Paillard was elegant and a great aperitif; the Ramey, courtesy of M/M TLV, a great match for the lobster tails; and the Paloma a lovely, youthful wine and nice match with our steaks and chops. No need to rush to open any of these.

Add Reply

Likes (0)
×
×
×
×