Skip to main content

Friday night at the club celebrating DnVsGrandma's birthday - A bowl of clam chowder, followed by a NY strip with Alaskan King Crab legs. Had some S. Anderson bubbles, and a 2005 St. Clement Oroppas and 2003 Beringer PR Cabernet.

Saturday night we were at the cousins in the Bay Area. Lasagna, green salad, fruit salad, and garlic bread. No wine as I had a two hour drive back home.

Last night - Duck season started on Saturday, so a friend brought over some teal breasts. I marinated them and then stuffed them with garlic, jalapeno, and ginger, then rolled them with bacon and put them on the grill. Then it was chicken and sausages on the grill, fettucine with butter and herbs, green salad. 2006 Patassy Pinot Noir....
Steve8's coming to dinner in a couple of hours, and he says he wants to have Washington State wines only:

- prawns with lemon sauce, marinated daikon; 2007 Ch. St. Michelle/Dr. Loosen Riesling Eroica

- potato-leek soup (small cup)

- heirloom tomatoes with olive oil and Percorino Romana on arugula; 2003 Kestrel Merlot

- rack of lamb with grenache sauce; roast potatoes, sauteed chanterelles, sauteed baby bell peppers and fennel; 2003 Quilceda Creek Merlot or 2005 Leonetti Merlot (or possibly both)

- fresh Okanagan peach and raspberry tarts (I bought these); 2000 Kracher Welschriesling #8 (I have no Washington dessert wines Frown )

plus some Cayuse that Steve's bringing. Thank goodness tomorrow is a national holiday here!
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:
Went out for Indian last night and had the spiciest chicken Vindaloo I have ever had. Was really good though with simple rice and garlic naan. Kingfisher beer.

How was that working for ya this morning, Glenn? Razz Wink

Nothing wrong with a good hurt once in a while. Big Grin
Put it this way, I had dreams of sitting on a bed of ice yesterday.... Smile
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
quote:
Originally posted by duckfaninmt:
Elk burgers on the grill with rosemary/garlic french fries.

Cool Nice!

Indeed! Can't wait for dinner! Big Grin

A co-worker of mine is an avid hunter and, thanks to his skills, has kept me well stocked in a variety of game meat over the years. I've got a freezer full of elk, moose, and deer.

Figured a nice tannic Cali Cab and a well-aged Aussie Shiraz would pair nicely with this!
quote:
Originally posted by Shaferguy91:
At Restaurant O in Greenville SC:

Shaferguy/Shafergirl
Creamy Blue Crab and Vidalia Onion Soup/Mussels
Filet Mignon/Oxtail Pot Pie
Gruyere Creamed Spinich/Roasted Califlower Gratin
-----/Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee

SG, that must have been a fantastic meal.

My Sunday night menu:

Grilled NY strip steaks
Baked potatoes
Steamed broccoli and carrots
Baci rolls

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.