Skip to main content

- Strasbourg paté (wild duck liver, smoked tongue, pistachios, very cool Smile); Emmenthal cheese; NV de Venoge Brut Rosé

- seared jumbo sea scallop, citrus sauce, daikon marinated in Champagne vinegar; 2007 Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc

- warm chanterelle salad (on mesclun greens dressed lightly with duck fat and 10-yr balsamic); 2002 Gambal Chambolle-Musigny VV

- duck risotto with black grape sauce; 1998 Tardieu-Laurent Cote-Rotie

- Black Forest Cake, made from scratch by my wonderful wife this morning to satisfy my jones for something I haven't had in maybe 10 years
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
All kinds of Indian food in what's supposed to be Bermuda's best Indian restaurant. It was good, but I guess it's just not my taste in fine dining.

Is this your first experience with Indian, Board-O? Not sure if I'd expect Bermuda to offer much. Don't know. If you'd like to try it again, I found some of the Indian places on 6th Ave, in the E. Village to be very good when I was there last July. Just a thought.
Hot wings Friday night and pizza last night. What a week. At least I have some real nice rib eyes going on the grill in about 20 minutes. Will also have a Caesar salad topped with shrimp. Don't know what cab I will open just yet....

Opened a 2004 CSJ Cinq Cepages. It is still very primary and needs time. The last sip, after three hours in the decanter, was much better than the first...,
Last edited by domnvinsdad
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:
quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:
Quiz night at the local pub. We finished in the middle of the pack which is a win in my book considering I don’t know much about British history or pop culture. Had a lamb burger & chips. Adnams Bitter Ale.

hey glenn
check out this place

http://www.davy.co.uk/crustingpipe
Looks cool, thanks. I’ll check it out. I’m assuming you have been?
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:
quote:
Quiz night at the local pub. We finished in the middle of the pack which is a win in my book considering I don’t know much about British history or pop culture. Had a lamb burger & chips. Adnams Bitter Ale.

hey glenn
check out this place

http://www.davy.co.uk/crustingpipe
Looks cool, thanks. I’ll check it out. I’m assuming you have been?

I haven't but all the port nuts have all of their offlines there ALL the time ...
actually, they're looking for another reason to hold something if you want to sign up to theportforum and say hi.
quote:
Originally posted by gigabit:
quote:
Originally posted by Dom'n'Vin'sDad:
Went out for sushi last night. Draught Kirin....

Draught Kirin? S-A-P-P-O-R-O!

both of these are deprivation beers ... they should only be consumed when you're deprived of a quality beer option.

a crisp American pilz (think: Victory) is a much better option ... of course, I assume such an option wasn't offerred.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.