Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Parcival:
Going to need to check out Racines next time I'm in NYC. Wasn't even on my radar

Re: Babbo . . . I don't disagree that it's become a tourist trap of sorts, but I still love their Pork Chop and their wine list is fantastic. Quick dinner at the bar is always a good time. But, for Batali fare in the city, I prefer Lupa

I actually really enjoy Esca. (Pretty much entirely fish and seafood.)
quote:
Originally posted by winetarelli:
quote:
Originally posted by Parcival:
Going to need to check out Racines next time I'm in NYC. Wasn't even on my radar

Re: Babbo . . . I don't disagree that it's become a tourist trap of sorts, but I still love their Pork Chop and their wine list is fantastic. Quick dinner at the bar is always a good time. But, for Batali fare in the city, I prefer Lupa

I actually really enjoy Esca. (Pretty much entirely fish and seafood.)

I think that might be that only Batali joint I have not been to in NYC. Need to put that on the list now as well!

Only Batali joint I did not really enjoy is Del Posto. The room my clients and I were seated in felt like a sterile hotel ballroom. Food was good, on par with other Batali joints, but the overall experience fell flat
quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:

We love Le Bernardin.

+2

On a related note, my daughter had dinner there alone in June, and could not have been treated better. Sometimes single diners are lost in the shuffle of a busy restaurant, but they were most attentive and the sommelier was quite generous to her. As a result, she went back a few days later for her last evening in NYC, and they were equally good to her then.

Enjoy, Jcocktosten and FKG!
quote:
Originally posted by Seaquam:
quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:

We love Le Bernardin.

+2

My daughter had dinner there alone in June, and could not have been treated better. Sometimes single diners are lost in the shuffle of a busy restaurant, but they were most attentive and the sommelier was quite generous to her. As a result, she went back a few days later for her last evening in NYC, and they were equally good to her then.

Enjoy, Jcocktosten and FKG!

Thanks. Taking my mom and dad for mom's 70th Birthday.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jcocktosten:

Thanks. Taking my mom and dad for mom's 70th Birthday.

Aw, that is so nice! You are a good son, and I'm sure your mom would enjoy any place that you take her for her birthday.

Now I'm feeling all furklempt. Smile

It only took an hour and a half on the phone to secure a reservation... But we got it. And at a fairly normal time... MIL doesn't know that we are going, too. She thinks we are just sending them... That should be a fun surprise.
quote:
Originally posted by Florida Keys Girl:

It only took an hour and a half on the phone to secure a reservation... But we got it. And at a fairly normal time... MIL doesn't know that we are going, too. She thinks we are just sending them... That should be a fun surprise.

I'm sure it'll be a memorable evening for all.

BTW, Sylvia and I will be in Fort Lauderdale for a few days at the very beginning of January. I know it's quite some distance from Key West, but perhaps it might be possible to meet somewhere in the middle for dinner. It's still 3 months off, but thought I'd mention it now.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Florida Keys Girl:

I'm sure it'll be a memorable evening for all.

BTW, Sylvia and I will be in Fort Lauderdale for a few days at the very beginning of January. I know it's quite some distance from Key West, but perhaps it might be possible to meet somewhere in the middle for dinner. It's still 3 months off, but thought I'd mention it now.

Would love to, we will figure it out. We spend a large amount of our time in Fort Lauderdale still so should not be an issue to meet up someplace convenient.
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:
i checked out Racines tonight
french16 on the forum

well worth while!

i ordered a chateau pradeaux and a coran? rhone

the pradeaux paired with the veal tartar was excellent as was the cheese platter witht he rhone

well worth the visit and of course, the friendly forumite welcome!

Glad you finally went, Gman. It is my style of restaurant and very enjoyable.

We were in NY for 1 night this past weekend and went to the kaiseki bar at Uchu.  Liked the space, service and especially the music.  You can see the Brooklyn Fare lineage here.  The food was great with favs being the egg dish, lobster dashi and the caviar handroll lived up to the hype. Only dish we were so so on was the wagu sandwich. I'm sure it's a crowd favorite but we found the bread and the steak to thick and out of proportion. When biting the steak it pulled instead of melting and the sandwich kind of fell apart. I think it would perform better as a thinner portion but that is a very small gripe on a great meal. We don't often do pairings but we wanted to try a range of things here including sake so I'm glad we did. I thought they did a great job with matching the dishes.  Overall we thought it was awesome.  Not cheap but a fun experience if anyone is looking for high end in lower manhattan / east village. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.