Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

@board-o posted:

2006 Taittinger Comtes BdB- wonderful and fully ready to drink. Great with Cantonese

We had that with you at a memorable dinner at the French place in west palm in 2019.   It was terrific.  You also provided a 1986 Mouton Rothschild.  A great dinner with friends. ( and a 1988 Hermitage Paul Jaboulet Aine- La Chapelle- not a bad trio)

I have pictures to prove it!

Opened up a bunch of bottles with some friends (somewhat into wine) to clear up some room in the cellar...great showing by all bottles (luckily) and some fun results (were tasted blind)

Sparklers:  NV Bollinger Special Cuvee (1st), 2017 Domaine Carneros (2nd), 2012 Pierre Gimmonet Cuvee Gastronome Blanc de Blancs (3rd)

Whites: 2018 Walter Scott X-Novo Chard (1st), 2017 Moreau-Nadet Chablis 1er Cru Les Forets (2nd), 2018 Vincent Girardin Meursault les Narvaux (3rd), 2005 Huet Clos du Bourg (4th)

Reds: 2008 Regusci Stags Leap Angelo's Vineyard (1st), 2000 Chateau D'Issan (2nd), 2012 Favia Rompecabezas (3rd), 2005 Pegau (4th), 2000 Clerico Pajana (5th), 2007 Jasmin Cote Rotie (6th)

I had no disagreements with the sparklers or whites.  I had the Barolo and the cote rotie a lot higher than my friends, but I thought all showed really well.  

"We had that with you at a memorable dinner at the French place in west palm in 2019.   It was terrific.  You also provided a 1986 Mouton Rothschild.  A great dinner with friends. ( and a 1988 Hermitage Paul Jaboulet Aine- La Chapelle- not a bad trio)

I have pictures to prove it!"

More to come, although we'll never match that March 2 dinner.

1DA04CE3-DDD5-45EA-8845-1C71D5BE3F29Last couple nights:

- 2010 Fontanafredda Barolo Seralunga d’Alba, very nice

- 2013 Philippe Colin Chassagne-Montrachet Les Chaumees,  wonderful, great creamy texture, simultaneously light and intense, long finish

Tonight, little celebration, because we need it. With a bunch of appies that I’m making, and a couple pizzas that we’ll order...

- 2002 Pol Roger Winston Churchill

- 2000 Biondi Santi Brunello

- 2004 Pago de Fusi Taurasi Terredora

And in case it’s needed, 2008 Romano del Forno Valpolicella Superiore waiting in the wings.

I am getting very hungry!😊

Attachments

Images (1)
  • 1DA04CE3-DDD5-45EA-8845-1C71D5BE3F29
Last edited by seaquam
@Marcb77 posted:

Awesome to see Joe still posting outstanding notes. For tomorrow, although I frickin hate turkey, a battle I lose every year, i will be enjoying a few decent bottles.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone...really cool to see several familiar people still posting here.

1995 Haut Brion

A few of us enjoyed the 95 HB along side the 94 a few years ago; I seem to recall it having lots of life left and was quite enjoyable.

Hope it shows well!

Celebrated anniversary with my wife last night.  Turned out our reservation was 45 minutes prior to when TPEwinedrinker, his lady friend and some of her friends were dining at the same resto.  We saved a couple glasses of 2006 Louis Roederer Cristal for their arrival.  TPE in turn sent over 2018 Paul Hobbs Ellen Lane Estate Chardonnay and 2018 Pierre Gonon Saint-Joseph.  Fun times!

Over the long weekends:

2005 Elias Mora, Toro, Crianza.  This wine is on a plateau, very happy to have 2 more.

2010 La Rioja Alta, Vina Ardanza Reserva.  Very good, but felt underwhelmed

2016 Borsao, Cabriola...a steal at $13/btl

2015 Beronia, Rioja reserva, a solid traditional rioja...glad I have a few more.

A few above average, if unmemorable, whites

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.