2007 J. K. Carriere Pinot Noir Anderson Family.  One of the two wines I brought to the DAWGS offline last night.  Pinot Noir theme.  Note posted on CT and blog.

2015 Château Lanessan - having just got back from Franc,e had to go for a French last night even with take out

2017 Sandler Madzia Pinot

2012 Liquid Farm Golden Slope - Oak has integrated and I was pleasntly suprised by this.  Last time i had it, it was a big buttery oaky mess and now its really come around.

2013 Rolet Chardonnay Arbois

2013 Marie Courtin Effloresence - love this bottling. Was perfect foil to a well executed but eclectic tasting menu.

2005 Carlisle Two Acres - Lots of smokey meaty mourvedre goodness.  Could still age it at least another 5+ years.

2011 Vietti Perbacco

2015 Occhipinti SP68 Rosso - a rare sound bottle.

2012 Dom. des Aphillanthes CdR VV

2012 Kosta Browne Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast. One of the two wines I brought to the DAWGS offline Saturday night. Pinot Noir theme. Note posted on CT and blog.

eltoro posted:
billhike posted:

2016 Xavier Vignon Lirac.

Thoughts?

A bit on the riper side, without going too far for my palate. Black fruit with a hint of licorice/tar/garrigue. Definitely not what I would call rustic.

2014 Gary Farrell Pinot Noir Martaella Vineyard.

Tasted recently at a birthday party for a fellow wine lover.  Tasting note posted on CellarTracker and blogged.

wineismylife posted:

2012 Kosta Browne Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast. One of the two wines I brought to the DAWGS offline Saturday night. Pinot Noir theme. Note posted on CT and blog.

How many ice cubes required? 

billhike posted:
wineismylife posted:

How many ice cubes required? 

Now mom always said if you can't say anything nice...

Last edited by wineismylife

Cuvee William Deutz Millesime 1996

2001 Clos des Papes Cdp

2003 Torbreck RunRig

2005 Torbreck Lost Highway

2004 Drinkward-Peschon

(Thank you, my friends, who recently shared these with me and Mrs. Haggis)

2009 Gloria Ferrer Royal Cuvée. A touch more residual sugar than I like, but a lot of good stuff going on. 

2013 Domaine Nowack, Champagne, La Tuilerie, Extra Brut Chardonnay

2005 Vietti, Barolo, Rocche

2005 Chateau Lillian-Ladouys, St. Estephe

The Nowack was outstanding. Not a house I'm familiar with but I intend to be. The Vietti is drinking well. Not sure it will improve much, but I'll hold my other bottle for a few years to see.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.