quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
quote:
Originally posted by vinoevelo:
quote:
Originally posted by VinT:
Yes. We needed another person with whom we could split the bread soaked in pig blood.


Intrigued. Please elaborate....


Boudin?

La Palette's house made black pudding... so yes, basically boudin Noir. But La Palette's dish is quite grainy, since they use their own grainy bread as the base.
NV Ruppert-Leroy, Champagne, Fosse Grely

I had never had this wine before. Grower Champagne from 50% pinot noir and 50% chardonnay. Delicious but it lost its effervescence a little too quickly in the glass. I'm going to attribute that too a poor cork, which flew off about 10 seconds after I removed the wire (and my hand), putting a frickn' dent in our kitchen ceiling.

2015 Famille Perrin, CdR, Coudoulet de Beaucastel

Really liked this bottle. Killer QPR. I should have tried this sooner as there are none left around here now.

2015 Domaine Rijckaert, Cotes du Jura, Les Sarres, Savagnin

Fuzzy (as Gman would say) and delicious. Big Grin

2009 CVNE, Rioja, Vina Real, Gran Reserva

Another excellent wine at a reasonable price. Went really well with duck confit, braised red cabbage and duck fat/rosemary roasted potatoes.
quote:
Originally posted by sunnylea57:
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
quote:
Originally posted by vinoevelo:
quote:
Originally posted by VinT:
Yes. We needed another person with whom we could split the bread soaked in pig blood.


Intrigued. Please elaborate....


Boudin?

La Palette's house made black pudding... so yes, basically boudin Noir. But La Palette's dish is quite grainy, since they use their own grainy bread as the base.


Sounds lovely. Had I known I would have popped in as I walked by last night on my way to the horseshoe.
1998 Faiveley Gevrey-Chambertin 1er Cru Les Cazetiers. Last of three. Deep orange throughout, with dried cherries and some prunes on the nose. Faint earthy cherry notes on the palate but they're being overwhelmed by orange pekoe tea. Still enjoyable but definitely drink 'em if you've got 'em.
Cleaning out eavestroughs in -9C weather is no fun, but drinking good wine is:

2009 Terredora Fiano di Avellino Campore
2007 Saint Damien Gigondas Les Souteyrades
2007 Les Pallières Les Racines Gigondas
2005 Parent Pommard Les Chanlins
quote:
Originally posted by on the wine:
Cleaning out eavestroughs in -9C weather is no fun, but drinking good wine is:

2009 Terredora Fiano di Avellino Campore
2007 Saint Damien Gigondas Les Souteyrades
2007 Les Pallières Les Racines Gigondas
2005 Parent Pommard Les Chanlins


How was the Chanlins? I'm down to my last bottle on that one.
Last night at a non-WS friend's home

NV Pierre Paillard Champagne Grand Cru Brut Rosé - a terrific value with crisp, tart strawberry and leesy richness

1988 Cos D'Estournal - hardly any bricking, great legs, vibrant acidity, lively fruit, with prominent green tobacco leaf
quote:
Originally posted by sunnylea57:
Last night at a non-WS friend's home

NV Pierre Paillard Champagne Grand Cru Brut Rosé - a terrific value with crisp, tart strawberry and leesy richness

1988 Cos D'Estournal - hardly any bricking, great legs, vibrant acidity, lively fruit, with prominent green tobacco leaf


Nice! Glad to hear about the PP Brut Rose; I haven't opened any yet.
quote:
Originally posted by sunnylea57:


1988 Cos D'Estournal - hardly any bricking, great legs, vibrant acidity, lively fruit, with prominent green tobacco leaf


Thanks for the note. I have thought about opening one of these so many times this year but for some reason have not.
2012 Ch des Jacques Moulin-a-Vent Clos du Grand Carquelin. Beautiful. Started off brighter and fresher than the 2012 Rochegres; red fruit, tobacco, forest floor. Bit of tartness on the palate with grippy tannin and bright acidity. Then it opens up and puts on weight with darker berries showing with great depth & balance. Drinking beyond expectation when first tasted on release.
quote:
Originally posted by Shane T.:
Last night at Market in Del Mar:

- 2003 Château Cos d'Estournel

Stunning, as expected. This is one of my all-time favorites.


How is it showing? Haven't had since about 2007 and it was big but Bordeaux-like back then (only opened because cork was raised when delivered, but it ended up being entirely sound). I think I have 4 left, is it worth opening one to test it out?
2010 Keplinger Caldera
2011 Keplinger Caldera
2010 Keplinger Basilisk
2011 Keplinger Basilisk
2010 Keplinger Sumo
2011 Keplinger Sumo

With my work wine group. Wanted to show them how wines can vary in vintages. All wines showed well, but my two favorites were the 2011 Caldera and 2010 Basilisk.

Add Reply

Likes (0)
×
×
×
×