November 2012: what are you drinking?

quote:
Originally posted by Fowler52:
quote:
Originally posted by AML:
1983 Warre's

How was it? Thinking of opening one in two years for my 30th.

I don't drink much port, but I thought this was great. A touch spirity on the backend, but overall, very enjoyable with lots of complexity. If I had to rate, I'd probably put it in the 91-92ish range.
quote:
Originally posted by Javachip:
quote:
Originally posted by Gkapoor:
2005 Gramona Cava III Lustros Gran Reserva

Does it live up to the hype? As good as a top notch blanc de blancs? What do you suggest as a drinking window? I have a few bottles of this. TIA.

Based on this bottle, I thought it is good but not at par with the hype. It was missing the elegance and finish I expect from a top not BdB.
Still revisiting some of the 40 or so bottles remaining from the 100+ that Allred opened last Saturday night.

A few that I didn't hit on Saturday that are still drinking really well:

2008 Francois Villard Condrieu De Poncins
2005 Patz & Hall Chardonnay Dutton Ranch

Still many to go...
On the ticket for a birthday celebration

2005 Louis Roederer Blanc de Blancs
2008 Leflaive Macon-Verze
2008 Domaine de Pegau Cdp Reservee
2009 Dunham Cellars Riesling Late Harvest Lewis Estate Vineyard

Then hopefully off to a nice bar for some sipping liquors and snacks.
quote:
Originally posted by vijay:
quote:
Originally posted by AML:
2001 Baron De Ley Rioja
Your opinion, svp?

Unfortunately, it was a little marred by the new oak treatment, however, with a bit of air time, it rounded out nicely. It's not something I'd buy by the caseload, but it was good to try. I recommend giving it a go if you have a reasonable oak tolerance as there is lots to like if you do.

Also had a 2005 Giorgio Pelissero Langhe Long Now tonight with Dave Canada.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Javachip:
quote:
2005 Gramona Cava III Lustros Gran Reserva

Does it live up to the hype? As good as a top notch blanc de blancs? What do you suggest as a drinking window? I have a few bottles of this. TIA.

Based on this bottle, I thought it is good but not at par with the hype. It was missing the elegance and finish I expect from a top not BdB.

Good to know, thanks. I picked up a bottle based on the hype, but haven't popped it yet.

The other night

2011 Salmon Run, Riesling
2009 Lamoreaux Landing, Gewurztraminer
2007 Fonseca, VP

Add Reply

Likes (0)