November 2012: What are you buying?

quote:
Originally posted by Mimik:
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
quote:
Originally posted by Mimik:
The upcoming

Unless they've pulled them from the system (which usually does not happen until the sale is completed) you might want to ensure that you're getting the number you want Wink

Oh they were pulled from the system. I guess it's good to know of some friends at the signature Cool

Actually, there is some good "conseiller" out there that will pull out of the system your reservations. I know two of them, which is quite helpfull sometimes Wink

dzitt
I bought the Garagiste $600 case and came out even worse than you did:

Bize Savigny-les-Beaune Les Bourgeots 2009
Kuntz Riesling Scharz 2007
Mugnier NSG Clos de la Marechale 2009
Grand Venuer CdP VV 2009
Mastroberardino Villa dei Misteri 2003
Podere Il Carasciale "Carasciale" 2009
Le Quartz Clos du Caillou 2007
Rauzan Segla 2009
Inflorescence Champagne NV
Domaine Romaneaux-Destezet Herve Souhaut 2010
Parker Coonawarra Estate Terra Rossa 1st Growth 2001
Lamy Saint Aubin 1er Cru Derriere chez Edouard 2008

At least you pulled in a GC Burgundy and a Condrieu. A couple of the wines might be interesting, but I could have shopped around and found far more value than what was in that case, which if you shopped carefully you could have bought for $600-650. I would have rather bought a case of good 2009 Burgundy with the money than what I was stuck with by Garagiste. Rimmerman's "worth far more than what you pay" is pure sales BS.
One of my favourite (and affordable) Pomerols from an outstanding vintage indeed. marcb7, if you get your tush up here, I'll be sure to open one with you amongst others.Unfortunately, golf season is over, but ski,snow mobiling, snowboarding, cross country skiing and snow-shoeing are about to commence. Come and experience a nice Canadian winter and all the wonderful things it has to offer.
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
One of my favourite (and affordable) Pomerols from an outstanding vintage indeed. marcb7, if you get your tush up here, I'll be sure to open one with you amongst others.Unfortunately, golf season is over, but ski,snow mobiling, snowboarding, cross country skiing and snow-shoeing are about to commence. Come and experience a nice Canadian winter and all the wonderful things it has to offer.

Funny...I lived in Montreal for the first 7 years of my life....and I remember the Canadian winter quite well. Ive been wanting to cross the border again for quite sometime, in due time sir.....thank you.
quote:
Originally posted by Fowler52:
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
quote:
Originally posted by geppetto:
19 x 2010 Vieux Donjon CDP.

Going deep! Smile

Talk about having the ability to see a wine evolve! Wink

Indeed! I bought 14 bottles of the 2007 and have really enjoyed the few that I have opened. The Vieux Donjon is comparatively cheap, so I can afford to follow its progress. I love CDP, but I really can't afford more than 6 bottles of Beaucastel and the like.
2006 Casanova Di Neri Tenuta Nuova X 3
2004 Biondi Santi Riserva Brunello
2006 Aldo Conterno Cicala
2005 Aldo Conterno Cicala
2006 Aldo Conterno Colonnello
2010 Lewelling X 3
2010 Lewelling Wight X 3
2006 Stella Di C Brunello
2007 Pian Dell'orino brunello

I'm liking italian vino lately!
3 x 2004 Casanova di Neri Tenuta Nuova
3 x 2007 Casanova di Neri Tenuta Nuova
1 x 2006 Casanova di Neri Cerretalto
1 x 2004 Taurasi Campore

Never had a Taurasi before, looking forward to giving it a try! Also very happy about the Cerretalto, contemplating adding a 2004 to the mix as well, or maybe just buy a second 2006?price is steep though Frown
quote:
Originally posted by xhoser:
As my wife has indicated that she would like to explore Burgundy (thanks to a book she is reading, bought while on vacation) she wanted to start with Meursault, so I bought some:
2008 Pierre Boisson Meursault

Are you sure she meant explore *the wines of* Burgundy, rather than Burgundy itself????
Over the past few days...

2 x 1994 Petrolo Galatrona
2 x 1999 Poggio Scalette Piantonaia
3 x 1998 Bruno Giacosa Rocche del Falletto
1 x 1998 Bruno Giacosa Falletto di Serralunga
1 x 1995 Azelia Bricco Fiasco
1 x 1996 Azelia San Rocco
4 x 1999 Castello dei Rampolla d'Alceo
2 x 2006 Castello dei Rampolla d'Alceo
4 x 2007 Castello dei Rampolla d'Alceo
2 x 2006 Pian dell'Orino
quote: