November 2012: What are you buying?

A new cooling unit for the Vintage Keeper Frown . Mine baked out after nearly 14 years of faithful service.

BIG thanks and props to aav28 for stepping up and helping me make arrangements for the right replacement unit PDQ. Winner < 24 hours and bottles were back in their comfy cool bin locales. Smile
Original Post
quote:
Originally posted by VinCentric:
A new cooling unit for the Vintage Keeper Frown . Mine baked out after nearly 14 years of faithful service.

BIG thanks and props to aav28 for stepping up and helping me make arrangements for the right replacement unit PDQ. Winner < 24 hours and bottles were back in their comfy cool bin locales. Smile

14 years seems like a relatively long life - with a track record like that, it would be worthy of being considered as a replacement unit IMO. What make and model did you go with?
quote:
Originally posted by nevada slim:
quote:

14 years seems like a relatively long life - with a track record like that, it would be worthy of being considered as a replacement unit IMO. What make and model did you go with?

I kept the storage unit and racking, just replacing the cooling unit.

Original was a Vintage Keeper 044 MINI KOOL model AZMIN circa 1999. The replacement cooling unit is a Nuvo. Installation was fairly smooth.

I've kept in in the basement (relatively cool) and fairly full so it didn't have to work too hard. That may have helped make it last.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CSM:
1 more half of 2001 d'Yquem.

Go dude!

Did you get the owc this time?

Nah, there wasn't one this time. The one at the other store actually was from a diff vintage so I didn't miss anything
quote:
Originally posted by Danyull:
6-pack of 2010 Chapoutier Bila-Haut Cote du Roussillon Occultem Lapidem

I read about this in the CdR thread under Tasting Notes. So I went out in search of the Bila-Haut. I found two different bottles though, one was Bila-Haut Occultem Lapidem and the other was just Bila-Haut Cote du Roussillon. I wonder which one Board-O and DoktaP were referring to? I ended up just picking up the Bil-Haut Cote du Roussillon.
quote:
Originally posted by Jonanator:
quote:
6-pack of 2010 Chapoutier Bila-Haut Cote du Roussillon Occultem Lapidem

I read about this in the CdR thread under Tasting Notes. So I went out in search of the Bila-Haut. I found two different bottles though, one was Bila-Haut Occultem Lapidem and the other was just Bila-Haut Cote du Roussillon. I wonder which one Board-O and DoktaP were referring to? I ended up just picking up the Bil-Haut Cote du Roussillon.
They are both really good for the money, but the Lapidem is better IMO.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:
They are both really good for the money, but the Lapidem is better IMO.

Thanks! I will give that one a try as well. I think it was $15 for the normal Bila Haut and $25 for the Lapidem.
$11 and $19 in SoCal, but I would still buy both at your prices. Quality juice and while the Lapidem drinks well now, I think it could improve a little with age.
quote:
$11 and $19 in SoCal, but I would still buy both at your prices. Quality juice and while the Lapidem drinks well now, I think it could improve a little with age.

It still blows my mind every time I compare Canadian and American pricing...
quote:
quote:

It still blows my mind every time I compare Canadian and American pricing...

Sad times...

The QPR on the Bila-Haut label really is amazing.

Also...

2010 Beaucastel Rouge
2010 Usseglio Mon Aieul
quote:
Originally posted by The 291:
2x 2008 Dauvissat Vaillons Chablis
2x 2008 Dauvissat La Forest Chablis
2x 2008 Dauvissat Sechet Chablis
2x 2008 Dauvissit Beauroy Chablis
2x 2008 Dauvissit Les Clos Chablis
2x 2008 Dauvissat Montmains Chablis

Nice case!
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by The 291:
2x 2008 Dauvissat Vaillons Chablis
2x 2008 Dauvissat La Forest Chablis
2x 2008 Dauvissat Sechet Chablis
2x 2008 Dauvissit Beauroy Chablis
2x 2008 Dauvissit Les Clos Chablis
2x 2008 Dauvissat Montmains Chablis

Nice case!

Indeed, my second favorite Chablis producer. Cool
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
An 800/6000 grit Japanese whetstone to keep my newly acquired knife collection well honed. Now to practise.

Nice! I'm actually looking to purchase one as well. Would you recommended a retailer?

Also picked up a few more of each
2002 Bollinger La Grande Année
2004 Gaston Chiquet Spécial Club
2010 Grand Veneur Vieilles Vignes (Point chasing SMH)
Received wines I hadn't previously listed as bought. Tasted both of them at the wineries and loved them.

6 x 2009 Pierre Usseglio CdP Cuvee du Mon Aieul (Above the winery label was a small label in English that siad "red dessert wine."

6 x 2009 Rene Rostaing Cote Rotie

Add Reply

Likes (0)