Last night we had swordfish on the grill. I had blackening seasoning, Terra has lemon-pepper seasoning.
Original Post
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
lou, are you using the rotisserie? I love it for duck.

Yep, duck and even small geese.

In Portugal there was a place that had a large wood-fired grill with long rotisserie baskets. The chickens were cut flat and placed in the baskets, turning over the coals. Each basket held probably 5 chickens. They basted them with 2-3 different kinds of sauces. Man those were good.
Medium rare lamb rib chops with Greek seasoning and topped with sauteed mushrooms.

Served with a Bodegas Faustino 1995 Rioja Gran Reserva "I" (T.N> here). I enjoyed the pairing initially but the malted milk ball aftertaste of the wine eventually detracted from the meal.

Next time I'll try a Chianti Classico.
quote:
Originally posted by Purple Teeth:
I enjoyed the pairing initially but the malted milk ball aftertaste of the wine eventually detracted from the meal.

Allrighty then!

I hate malted milk balls. Blaghh!
quote:
I don't think prime meat is likely to be grass fed, is it?

Good question???

All I know is that grassfed products tend to be much lower in total fat (1/3 to 1/2 less) than grainfed products.

If it was up to my 13 Y/O, we would be eating beef everyday..... like you. Smile
Hey, in the last 4 days, we've had duck one day, shrimp, another, meatloaf once, and tonight will be steak. My cholesterol is 154.
Grilled turkey breast marinated in white wine, chicken broth, and a puree of red bell pepper, garlic, onion, celery, and spices. Served with sauteed mushrooms and a 1995 Eyrie PN (TN here). The wine’s restrained fruit, earthy elements, and juicy acidity were a welcome addition to the dinner table
Boy, missed this all month....

So... Have had some pork tenderloin, some steaks (NY and rib eye), some salmon, some chicken and some sausage....

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.