I was craving beef stroganoff so that's what we had (made with ribeyes...and with the "light" sauce)
Original Post
Why is the waste this ribbed eye for stroganoff of the beef animal? Highly unlikely in its suitable ability, yes. You at reast send it through sauvignon and jugo de naranja marinatement period? Wink For optimum achivement of taste.

Right this now, I brace the not so long rips of beef for suppery entertainment, with help of supplement from belgique beer of Kwak. Onion too.
quote:
Originally posted by Rothko:
I have been eating lots of Halloween candy...
Speaking of Halloween candy, why do people give away those nasty peanut butter taffy (the cheap kind wrapped in orange or black wax paper) and Tootsie Rolls? Everybody throws them out.
quote:
Speaking of Halloween candy, why do people give away those nasty peanut butter taffy (the cheap kind wrapped in orange or black wax paper) and Tootsie Rolls? Everybody throws them out.

I like the peanut butter taffy!
Last night was simple... but oh-so good.

Barilla Thick spaghetti tossed with Altesino EVOO (last bottle of EVOO from our honeymoon) and shaved parmigiano-reggiano.
quote:
Originally posted by Bella Donna:
Did you use the 10 gallon peanut oil from Costco's?
Well we had it from last year... but yes, it's the Costco one. However, I think it's 30 gallons!!! Eek
Last night I made Broiled Haddock, but followed Hunter's suggestion and used parsley instead of basil. As a side, I made Boiled and Sauteed Baby Potatoes

Approx. 1.5 lbs baby potatoes (we used red)
1/2 stick butter
3 tblspn fresh parsley, chopped
1 tblspn lemon juice
kosher salt
freshly ground black pepper

- Boiling potatoes until tender (about 20 mins)
- Melt butter on medium-high heat.
- Add potatoes, parsley, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Cook until potatoes begin to brown.
Sunday: Homemade Linguini (the real thing from scratch), pork ribs, and sauce.

Monday: Long Island Duck

Need to support the local wildlife by eating it once in a while. Smile
We gave some recipes a test spin:

Smoke trout tostada with blistered serrano chile and lime salsa, aji amarillo aioli

Garlic & chipotle marinated shrimp with two-cheese artisan grits, lobster jus

Achiote and cumin spiced oxtails braised, sweet potato & maple puree, bitterswet chocolate demi glace
Lido's Pizza. Square, because they don't cut corners!! Razz

For those of you not familiar with this concoction, I can only tell you that it is frikkin' sinful. Come to Maryland and try it!

And because I love you all, I am giving you my combination for the best possible 3 topping pizza ever concocted by man (or woman.)

It was introduced to be by a stunning blonde at 4 AM after an evening of cardiovascular carbohydrate inducing activity. Eaten in bed with a roll of paper towels handy. Try this, and you'll never go back. Buxom blonde is optional.

Pepperoni, bacon (pre-cooked) and jalapenos.

PBJ Pizza. Still eating it after all these years. Thanks, ________!!!! (you know who you are!!) Wink

Cool

PH

I will review this post in the morning and regret it, but wtf.......
Cold seafood salad (langostino, king crab and shrimp) with avacado and lemon zest aioli.

Fresh linguini in a cilantro pistachio pesto.

Spice rubbed short ribs braised in CdR and homemade beef stock, on a bed of winter root vegetables sauteed in butter with sea salt and fresh ground nutmeg.

For desert, the rest of the CdR from dinner.
quote:
It was introduced to be by a stunning blonde at 4 AM after an evening of cardiovascular carbohydrate inducing activity. Eaten in bed with a roll of paper towels handy. Try this, and you'll never go back. Buxom blonde is optional.

Well, I'll take the blonde - but I can't accept a Maryland pizza recommendation Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by Berno:
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
Shrimp scampi

Scampi in Italian means Shrimp.

*ding ding ding*

"and in the blue corner, fighting out of..."
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:

It was introduced to be by a stunning blonde at 4 AM after an evening of cardiovascular carbohydrate inducing activity. Eaten in bed with a roll of paper towels handy.
I'm sure after all those carbs were eaten they were burned off Eek Eek Eek (Eluding to the eating in bed afterwards is what I'm confused about) Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Man, I knew I'd regret that post. PWI Roll Eyes

Hunter, I knew a New Yorker or a Chicagoan would say something about the MD pizza! This stuff is really fantastic. Nothing against other styles, but the Lido's crust is almost pastry like. Hard to describe, but you really should try it if you ever come this far south. Hell, we can't even get you to Philly for crying out loud!! Wink

G farmer - Interesting you mention offline, as this offline for 2 did include a couple bottles of champagne earlier in the evening! Nothing special (Moet Chandon Brut) but inspirational nonetheless!!!

Bella - actually, the carb inhalation was the last conscious act of the evening/morning. The delivery boy (not Lido's unfortunately, as they still do not deliver) was met at the door by a towel clad PH who scurried back to the boudouir grabbing a roll of paper towels on the way back. Pizza consumed. Lights out. Now breakfast the following morning........another story for another day. Smile

Fond memories. Every time I eat this pizza, I remember.....

PH
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
Fond memories. Every time I eat this pizza, I remember.....
I hope this was w/ Mrs. PH... if not, I'm sure she'd love to read this line!!! Razz Big Grin Wink
No comment. And you, my friend, are sworn to silence! Big Grin It was a long time ago. Interesting how some things stay with you, though.

PH

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.